IMPORTANT: World's Fair Pack coming soon!

Yeah the content creators have started the race for the views once again.
Not really impressed so far; tons of large obnoxious objects that are only usable in very specific scenarios and the differently scaled versions (large and huge) of otherwise identical statues make it all the more blatant that we really need scaling options. And that dragon lantern of the screenshots turned out to be one singular object instead of a nice separate lantern, dragon head and pole. Because of course it is.

Surprised that there are no new drinks options, I know that it said 10 new food stalls - which kinda explains it all, but I'd have thought there may be at least drinks available (Bubble Tea, Beer, Cocktails etc). I like the new food stalls though. I can see me using the Ribs, Sandwiches, Sweets and Churos the most...

I'm a little disappointed , but I'll take a new DLC. The biggest missing there are no amusement rides. [ugh] I'm so sad, but that's it.

I just can say: There're some pretty cool things in it. But I am glad to get the Toolkit ;)
Thank goodness we're not going to be charged for the tool-kit!

Seriously though @The Devs Don't get me wrong, I love everything you put out, it all looks beautiful and "works" perfectly with what the game is about, but I feel with this pack in particular there's again, missed opportunities, It kind of feels like somebody said "Ok, lets make an asian food facility" and then somebody else thought "Ok, lets make some giant sushi pieces and a few dragons, and a wall set to fit the theme of those shops" which is fine... but, personally, when I think of World Fair stuff I think things like...

Japan - Giant Oni Statue, Cherry Blossom, Anime Mascot, super high-tech stuff, also arcades, Gundam/Giant Robot Staue
United Kingdom - London Buses, Giant Clock Tower (big ben) Novelty shops, flags etc, Seaside Rock
France - Frogs Legs? Crossants, Eiffel Tower
Mexico - Day Of The Dead
China - Great Wall pieces (though I guess that could be made) Aquariums? lanterns etc
America - I like the ribs pun, and we already have the eagle and other july 4th stuff
Morocco (my knowledge is limited)
Espana - again I'm unsure
Italian - something similar to the leaning tower? some art portraits and such?

I suppose you've been working on the free update and anniversary update too, I'm curious (if any of the devs / community managers can answer) is it possible the DLC packs might have stuff added to them in the future? I have seen little things appear in my library of items a few times that weren't there from the beginning (I think a re-vised version of The Gulpee Soda sign)

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
As always the smallest things hype me up the most :D

I LOVE that each theme comes with a set of doors! So often my buildings looked a bit weird :D
Adding those doors will make it look so much better!

And so much food!!
I kinda expected some foodstuff in the previous DLC but i was wrong there. However it's more then made up for now with 10! new foodshops :D

but, personally, when I think of World Fair stuff I think things like...

I hope you don't take it as an offense, but that list was one of the biggest collection of stereotypes, generalizationsand missconceptions I've seen.

Judging by DeLadySigner's video Frontier devs have done a mostly good job trying to take some of them main traits of each culture. So kudos to them.

Weirdly enough what disappointed me the most have been the motorcycle coasters. On the other hand the PeopleMover looks terrific [up]

I'm really looking forward to this new DLC. Love all the new doors/windows and walls/roof. They will all come in handy when building any theme just by changing the colors. Should be fun :)

I hope you don't take it as an offense, but that list was one of the biggest collection of stereotypes, generalizationsand missconceptions I've seen.

Judging by DeLadySigner's video Frontier devs have done a mostly good job trying to take some of them main traits of each culture. So kudos to them.

Weirdly enough what disappointed me the most have been the motorcycle coasters. On the other hand the PeopleMover looks terrific [up]

I take no offense, though its fun to mention stereotypes when we have the burrito and baguette shops in game :/ I do wonder what you mean about misconceptions though.

I just can say: There're some pretty cool things in it. But I am glad to get the Toolkit ;)

Is the reason they won't put a 3D-standard scaling widget in the game so they can bulk up DLC item counts with multiple sizes of things? And it's a bit disappointing to me that we're not getting a more flat roof pieces for some of the building groups. But if the Thememaker Toolkit lets us make gridded building pieces then we can fix that ourselves.

Overall liking this -- gonna buy it.

From what I've seen so far I'm very pleased with this DLC. [up][big grin] I hope to see the Venetian-Style Gondola as a boat ride one day [mouth shut][big grin]

I'm really hyped for this pack. Can't wait to buy it tomorow[wink].
I especially like the peoplemover and the asian and arabian sets,but the german one looks good too[big grin][haha][haha]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Here are the preview / review videos of the upcoming World's Fair Pack that have been released so far (and that I was able to find);

DeLadysigner - Free update 1.8 Overview
[video=youtube_share;uH4hMm9SutI]https://youtu.be/uH4hMm9SutI[/video]

DeLadysigner - World's Fair Pack DLC Update Overview
[video=youtube_share;bukJ9MvYsSM]https://youtu.be/bukJ9MvYsSM[/video]

Geekism - World's Fair DLC Overview
[video=youtube_share;y5BFRcS63Gc]https://youtu.be/y5BFRcS63Gc[/video]

Rudi Rennkamel - Exclusive Preview 1.8 & World´s fair DLC
[video=youtube_share;F99TEYdIrPc]https://youtu.be/F99TEYdIrPc[/video]

Silvarret - Kawako Teien (Part 4) - Japanese Castle (World's Fair DLC Preview)
[video=youtube_share;HNvakr7AM3s]https://youtu.be/HNvakr7AM3s[/video]

Davincstyle - Planet Coaster World's Fair Pack
(Dutch)
[video=youtube_share;1x_h4Gqb1Rg]https://youtu.be/1x_h4Gqb1Rg[/video]

Gadarol Deluxe - Planet Coaster World's Fair Pack
(German)
[video=youtube_share;69jHHLpTAhk]https://youtu.be/69jHHLpTAhk[/video]

I am most impressed by the China/Asia Set. All other sets are okay, but nothing really new. The doors are a great addition. But I miss a lot of other things like specific foliage (Cherry Blossom Trees for example) or more roof parts.

Okay, we Germans are again reduced only to Bavaria and Bratwurst. If you think in that categories ... where is the beer? Maybe the Bavarian Walls will save a little building time.

In the Spanish set, the DEVS team has made no effort at all. It's about the worst thing ever delivered to Planet Coaster. Thank God it has not become an independent set. At least the old pirate roofs could have been updated so far that you can change the color.

@Aaronroberts12567 - I agree with you many of your ideas and I hope some future creators will pick up these ideas for new items with Thememaker's Toolkit.

I'm excited to see what's in the pack tomorrow.

But how come there's still no news or updates in the official thread about this pack in the News and Updates section of the official forums from Frontier themselves, yet again?
It's free advertising to the target audience here. You want my money. A few screen shots and a quick video surely isn't a lot of effort to put in to sell a product. No offense, but I personally have little interest in watching unofficial videos made for likes and views just to get the information you'd expect to find in the seller's website.
I could never imagine a situation where you'd be looking to buy something from a high street store's website but having to watch a random person's vlog on YouTube to find out what they sell before you place your order. Just saying.

Rant aside, I can't wait to get stuck in and see what new toys there are to play with

Don't get me wrong, this is dope and I'm looking forwards to it, but I'm still waiting on a Water Park pack. Those were always my favorite Roller Coaster Tycoon expansions. The game will just feel incomplete to me without one.

I'm excited to see what's in the pack tomorrow.

But how come there's still no news or updates in the official thread about this pack in the News and Updates section of the official forums from Frontier themselves, yet again?
It's free advertising to the target audience here. You want my money. A few screen shots and a quick video surely isn't a lot of effort to put in to sell a product. No offense, but I personally have little interest in watching unofficial videos made for likes and views just to get the information you'd expect to find in the seller's website.
I could never imagine a situation where you'd be looking to buy something from a high street store's website but having to watch a random person's vlog on YouTube to find out what they sell before you place your order. Just saying.

Rant aside, I can't wait to get stuck in and see what new toys there are to play with

That is exactly what I am saying for a couple of months, now. All the screenshots should be posted here - why do I have to watch Youtube-videos and listen to podcasts to see them? I think it is fair to support the Youtubers who support Frontier Development but as a customer I want all (!!!) news and relevant information on the official (!) homepage/forums. Some rants in the community exist because some certain people write something in a forum or speculate on Youtube - people who look into the official forums won't find any information, so they believe other speculations in forums and youtube-videos.

Supporting Youtubers is a good thing, not giving official information on the official forums to supposed-to-be-customers is not.[mouth shut]

Ok, wow... the "Polarity" unmanned transport ride looks A M A Z I N G!!!! I'm thrilled! This is the coolest ride I've seen in Planco yet, it looks so cool and futuristic, it's a piece of art! Thank you Frontier!!! Can't wait to build with that!

And the scenery - the variety is fantastic, literally anybody will find something to like... And I for myself like all of what I saw so far! I'm thrilled - BEST GAME EVER!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop[happy]

Chinese is cool, but France and Italy are a little too similar, I wish there was a greek theme (like the bright white houses on coastal Greece, and elements of old temples), and the game also still misses an ancient egyptian theme, with pyramids, sphinxes and temples. This pack would have been the perfect time to include these.

I'll buy it, but for my project there's not so much I can do with this. I'll wait a little to buy it, and I'm really waiting for the Thememaker's toolkit, which will be for me the perfect time to learn how to model in 3D ^^

When I saw the announcement of this DLC I thought: This might actually be a good one. But after seeing the videos of the DLC (especially the one from Geekism, showing all the items) i think this DLC is pretty bad. This pack could have been so much more.

At first you start with introducing 2 coasters, which basically is just 1 coaster with 2 different trains. Stop the nonsense about calling different coasters while it is basically the same with another train.
Furthermore, the announcements of the lands was really promising for more options in the items, but besides the China pack, all other lands are nothing more than 4/5 wallpieces in one single, repeating style which are not very usable if you want to make more advanced and diverse buildings. Not even some roof pieces to finish the buildings or small items to build up the prefixed walls. And all other objects are based on the food-items and its brand (spoiler alert: items people will hardly use).

This DLC is absolutely not worth the 10 euros. I hope when the Toolmaker is introduced, people make good sets of useful pieces, and hopefully it is possible to make different style of items (walls, roofs, wall-decoration, etc) and it is possible to group the items in such a way that you can add a lot of useful objects to your planet coaster without making the list of pieces a complete mess.

Top Bottom