Wormholes

Do you think wormholes we be a good idea for the game. I know the die hard ( and i have much respect for them) that do it the hard way and take the long journey to the other end of the galaxy. I have kids and a job working 60 plus hours a week that i have No time to do that many jumps. If i wanted to it would probably take me a year to get to Sag A that i hear so much about. Would love to hear pro and cons.

What if we could find black holes and use them as worm holes. Have to fly a perfect path through it to reach the other side and it would be up to us to find which holes end up where that way player base could actually map out ways to reach those far off places with maybe 15 to 25 jumps threw black holes.

Do you think wormholes we be a good idea for the game. I know the die hard ( and i have much respect for them) that do it the hard way and take the long journey to the other end of the galaxy. I have kids and a job working 60 plus hours a week that i have No time to do that many jumps. If i wanted to it would probably take me a year to get to Sag A that i hear so much about. Would love to hear pro and cons.

To be honest, current hyperjumps are through wormholes as far as I know. If they didn't exist we couldn't go to other stars. What you mean, I think is a method to jump instantly to almost any other star in the galaxy. I don't know if it would make the game better - part of the Elite experience is that the galaxy is unfathomably huge. That said, some "fast travel" points in the galaxy would probably not hurt. Maybe a "stargate" or something in Sol, in Colonia or near Sag A*. That would possibly help exploration in those areas since everyone could easily go there. Personally I'm fine with the current system but I know I would also like the option to fast travel to different parts of the galaxy. Just not instant travel to anywhere because that would make exploration meaningless.

To be honest, current hyperjumps are through wormholes as far as I know. If they didn't exist we couldn't go to other stars. What you mean, I think is a method to jump instantly to almost any other star in the galaxy. I don't know if it would make the game better - part of the Elite experience is that the galaxy is unfathomably huge. That said, some "fast travel" points in the galaxy would probably not hurt. Maybe a "stargate" or something in Sol, in Colonia or near Sag A*. That would possibly help exploration in those areas since everyone could easily go there. Personally I'm fine with the current system but I know I would also like the option to fast travel to different parts of the galaxy. Just not instant travel to anywhere because that would make exploration meaningless.

Imho I don't think we use wormholes to jump from one system to another, maybe something alike but not presicely.
The Thargoids are known to be able to create wormholes though.
You can see it forming when they're about to jump out, they're also capable of jumping from one side of the galaxy to another and possibly to another galaxy.

I don't know if the guardians could do the same, they're not realy canon and much less is known about them.

Top Bottom