Would be awesome if ...

... you could point your ship in a desired direction, and when you opened the galaxy map, it would show you the vector of your ships current alignement.

For example when you visually spot a cool star cluster, but are too stupid for real space navigation and can't find it in the galaxy map (like me), you could just fly towards said location of interest until you reach it.

What do you guys think?

Fly safe.

Last edited:
... you could point your ship in a desired direction, and when you opened the galaxy map, it would show you the vector of your ships current alignement.

For example when you visually spot a cool star cluster, but are too stupid for real space navigation and can't find it in the galaxy map (like me), you could just fly towards said location of interest until you reach it.

What do you guys think?

Fly safe.

you could just fly towards said location of interest until you reach it.

Uhm, what is your lifespan?

I too would like a way to link "visual" info to galaxy map.

I would love to be able to select a star directly from the ones which are visible.

Uhm, what is your lifespan?

Ok, i didn't want to fly in regual supercruise or something. Obviously it was meant as a way to plot a course in the right direction and then highwaking along that course. Otherwise i would need a longer lifespan indeed.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree. Even better, allow us to 'select' stellar objects just like we can target ships/stations/USS. Point at a nebula, hit a button and its selected. Hit another button and focus on it in the galmap. It would really help with the 'whats that thing in the distance, I want to go there!" feel. :)

I love these kinds of creative posts! Would be great. Absolutely NO idea how they'd achieve it - unless maybe based on current locked system if you were locked on one.... but great idea.

I too would like a way to link "visual" info to galaxy map.

I would love to be able to select a star directly from the ones which are visible.

Absolutely agree. Even better, allow us to 'select' stellar objects just like we can target ships/stations/USS. Point at a nebula, hit a button and its selected. Hit another button and focus on it in the galmap. It would really help with the 'whats that thing in the distance, I want to go there!" feel. :)

That would be great too! [up]

I know you want us venturing out into the void because we saw a couple of strange stars FD ;)

to extend this - ANY form of extended hyperlinking within the various screens would be phenomenal. From missions direct to the stations, from the commodity market where you can see the list of places something can be exported to, all sorts and from descriptions to the galaxy or planetary map. Similarly, showing bookmarked locations where they're in range maybe in BLUE in the destinations menu in the left screen so you can grab them at speed.

to extend this - ANY form of extended hyperlinking within the various screens would be phenomenal. From missions direct to the stations, from the commodity market where you can see the list of places something can be exported to, all sorts and from descriptions to the galaxy or planetary map. Similarly, showing bookmarked locations where they're in range maybe in BLUE in the destinations menu in the left screen so you can grab them at speed.

Would be phenomenal! Maybe if we dream long enough about it, FD may one day have the time to implement things like that :)

That's exactly how I feel many times. I just wish I could select that celestial object in the background to plot a course to it.

Top Bottom