Hardware & Technical Would you buy one?

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
panel-2.jpg

The Internet is petitioning for this to become a real thing.

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I would. I have a bet with a mate.

:D I wouldn't buy anything from Razer, ever again. I bought a Deathadder a few years ago. £90ish totally wasted. It wasn't that great as a mouse and it broke a few minutes after the warranty ran out. To date it's the only mouse I've ever owned that's actually broke on me!

That might be a one off, but they're far too expensive for me to be willing to take another chance on them...

Now if Corsair bring out a toaster? [haha]

Deleted member 110222

D
Obviously this is a joke thread, but the bet isn't.

Perversely, the bet will cost me either way.

I don't usually gamble.

F

If it burns a Razer logo into the toast? Hell yea :D Just because I've always wanted a toaster that imprints some kind of image into the toast.

P.S. I believe it started as an April Fool's joke, but then they've made a working prototype. Again, for a joke. Or some kind of publicity stunt.

Last edited:
Never.
It would cost 10 times as much as a normal toaster and break down within a year.

... and the accompanying software would be so complex and intrusive that you would end up with carbon instead of toast!

Last edited:
The included Razor software, will heat map all your toasting data..

also It maybe be used as an external GPU/CPU cooler..making it eligible for a Green award

Crumb Map, Not included

Last edited:
:D I wouldn't buy anything from Razer, ever again. I bought a Deathadder a few years ago. £90ish totally wasted. It wasn't that great as a mouse and it broke a few minutes after the warranty ran out. To date it's the only mouse I've ever owned that's actually broke on me!

That might be a one off, but they're far too expensive for me to be willing to take another chance on them...

Now if Corsair bring out a toaster? [haha]

No that sounds about the above average Razer experience to me.

Since in my experience they mostly break when you take them out of the box.

No that sounds about the above average Razer experience to me.

Since in my experience they mostly break when you take them out of the box.

Funny thing, I've never had anything break of them out of the box. Or at all. All those claims seems to be wildly exaggerated, since it's cool to hate Razer :) They know how to make a great mouse, can't speak for the rest of their product line.
Certainly their laptops had some design flaws in the past.

Deleted member 110222

D
Funny thing, I've never had anything break of them out of the box. Or at all. All those claims seems to be wildly exaggerated, since it's cool to hate Razer :) They know how to make a great mouse, can't speak for the rest of their product line.

Razer Keyboard and mouse fan here. I wouldn't touch their headsets, as Kingston HyperX is just better, but the mice and keyboards are fantastic. No regrets.

As for their laptops, I will never know because I'm just a build it yourself guy.

But yeah, the stuff about mice and keyboards breaking? I reckon no different to failure rates on other brands, but people make a bigger cry about it when it does happen because of the premium paid.

Yes I acknowledge Razer gear is more expensive, but when it comes to mice & keyboards, I have a lot of faith. Their Synapse software is great too IMO.

Razer Keyboard and mouse fan here. I wouldn't touch their headsets, as Kingston HyperX is just better, but the mice and keyboards are fantastic. No regrets.

As for their laptops, I will never know because I'm just a build it yourself guy.

But yeah, the stuff about mice and keyboards breaking? I reckon no different to failure rates on other brands, but people make a bigger cry about it when it does happen because of the premium paid.

Yes I acknowledge Razer gear is more expensive, but when it comes to mice & keyboards, I have a lot of faith. Their Synapse software is great too IMO.

[haha] Guys, I said it might be a one off- why all the white knighting? This board is filled with astonishing, near libelous attacks on other manufacturers, what makes Razer so special that they get a pass?

The Deathadder just wasn't that great. It felt cheap- possibly intentionally, maybe light weight was a priority? It didn't have any stand out features that I couldn't buy on a mouse costing a third as much. It broke almost as soon as the warranty ran out. Maybe that's to be expected in one in 'X' many cases, but I wasn't expecting any mouse to break on me, never mind one that's supposedly an enthusiast grade product! I didn't expect to get a normal, average failure rate out of a lightly used product three times the price of most mainstream manufacturer's premium mouse.

I had no idea it's 'cool to hate' Razer. I'm pretty sure my comment is the first negative thing I've seen on this forum about Razer (TorTorden's is the second! :D). But it seems like you guys have read some negative stuff elsewhere? Maybe there's something in it, eh? ;)

Synapse 3 is amazing when it works, but in my experience the game detection is as bad as Logitech's, although interestingly, Logitech seem to have sorted that out with the latest iteration of their software.

Well, as a design concept, incomplete.

Where is the mouse? You know, like your roboslave doing the lawn all day long.

It must be an integrated service, so when the tray, usually found in the bottom, for the inevitable accumulation of crumbs is filled up, the mouse will know, comes along, pulls out the tray.... etc. etc...

Last edited:
While I'm not the biggest fan of Razer, having tried a razer mouse sometime ago that didnt match up to competitor products that were less than 1/2 the cost, I think they fully live up to their reputation as the Alienware of peripherals (ie: cheap tat dressed up as something better).

But... that being said, this does look pretty nice, there simply arent enough rgb kitchen appliances!

Top Bottom