WTH is up with this game??

Just sitting out here casually mining and I am getting these silly mission time bonus messages for some delivery mission that I never took. In fact, I haven't done any missions since yesterday. Did someone say this was a full production release because it sure seems like a Beta build to me with all these bugs.

It may have been a "tip off" mission you get from time to time and didn't notice

Nah, one for beer, one for fish, one for grain so not tip off missions for sure. Besides I have never received a tip off mission just sitting in the system that I base out of. They have always come when out and about the sector.

I get inquiry's coming in on the com system from local system factions if I am loitering around doing skimmers or just taking my time. They usually offer poor rewards for the interest and I have stopped even looking at the long list of tip-off missions and un-solicited mission offers. Do my reading when I get to the lou. The phone always rings telling me to hurry up just after I drop and have the station right in my sights. Funny. Big laugh. Audience breaks into laughter.

I have found that I will get these unsolicited missions from three sources:

(1) If I have just done several missions for a minor faction no matter what my reputation is (except for hostile of course lol), I will get very low value missions offered
(2) If I am friendly with a faction, I will get low to medium value missions
(3) If I am allied with a faction, I will get medium value missions offered.

To be honest, I just delete them as soon as I get them because I am normally on a mission or doing something else, they are a pain but a harmless pain I guess. None of the missions are worth my time to deviate from what I am doing.

Nah, one for beer, one for fish, one for grain so not tip off missions for sure. Besides I have never received a tip off mission just sitting in the system that I base out of. They have always come when out and about the sector.

FWIW, you do now get a variety of missions popping up direct to your comm's HUD in the same way that tip-offs appear.

Some of the ones I've had do seem like what you're describing.
It'll just be a random mission offering an average payment if you can supply some commodity or other and sometimes they'll have time constraints.

Quite why FDev decided to introduce this new feature and then populate it with mundane tat is anybody's guess.
I dunno.
Maybe I'm missing out and if I took one of these missions it'd develop into an enjoyable little adventure?

When I get a message saying something like "We're willing to pay you Cr70,000 if you can supply us with 40t of fruit & veg within 2 hours" it isn't exactly an offer that really grabs my interest. [where is it]

It's not a bug. If you don't have a mission the factions in whatever system you're in will try to give you one so you're not flying around aimlessly.

Well I have to say it's not this either. I was piloting a Cutter with 200 passengers at the time...

There does seem to have ben a minor bug with missions that appeared in 2.4.0.3.

I've seen several "Search Zone: Building" locations on planet surfaces when I haven't, in fact, had any surface scan missions on my list.

I was siting out there in space watching the stars go by, when all of a sudden 1 ton of animal meat goes flying by and a load of messages appeared out of nowhere. I am not 100% certain but I am sure it was SPAM.

If you stay in the same instance for about 15 minutes or more (never happens with my play style...) then you can get various factions sending you mission requests.

I really like the concept of it.

I get Tip Offs/Special Request missions regularly.
Some times I take them, some times I don't.

It would be really nice if there was some tracking of which kinds of these we accept and which kind we don't.

For example, I always decline to murder Civilians. Yet I continue to be offered jobs by various factions in various systems to murder civilians.
Surely the word has to get around?
Likewise, I almost always accept hauling missions, so once more, word should get around.

I was taking some Aid Workers to a station when i got a message offering 170,000cr if i dropped them off somewhere else to become slaves. I was getting 7,000,000cr anyway LOL
surely if the game knows I've got the passengers it should also know how much I'm getting paid. Why does it offer a fraction of the payment to take them even further?

I was taking some Aid Workers to a station when i got a message offering 170,000cr if i dropped them off somewhere else to become slaves. I was getting 7,000,000cr anyway LOL
surely if the game knows I've got the passengers it should also know how much I'm getting paid. Why does it offer a fraction of the payment to take them even further?
Because perhaps you are, in-game at least, just not a very nice person who enjoys selling people into slavery just because you can.

It may have been a "tip off" mission you get from time to time and didn't notice

Just to clarify, "Tip Offs" aren't missions.

They're messsages you get in your inbox after having run lots of missions. They don't contain a mission (i.e nothing goes into your transactions tab), just a set of coordinates to investigate if you want. They have the message subject "Tip-Off"

What the OP is experiencing and has already been explained is, if you sit around doing not much in an instance for long enough (not entering hyperspace etc) you'll get offered missions via your inbox in space. You can accept these, and they're just like any other mission and appear in your transactions tab.

The two are quite different things.

Top Bottom