Game Discussions X4 this looks Very good

I believe they patched adv sat exploit. I remember reading something about it. I was making a ton of credits filling up my ships with them at my own shipyard.

The resources/part cost to final product is insane. Like $5 worth of parts for a product worth $100k.
Chip and Hi-Tech is usually good margin opportunity.
Mission can earn decent cash too but it's quite random.
The faction XY vs Xenon / other faction are usually worth it.
I expect some more tweaks, the "MP" isnt yet live?

Chip and Hi-Tech is usually good margin opportunity.
Mission can earn decent cash too but it's quite random.
The faction XY vs Xenon / other faction are usually worth it.
I expect some more tweaks, the "MP" isnt yet live?
MP was delayed in an announcement.

My stead money makers for stations are Hull Parts and Claytronics. Every station and needs those to build and shipyards are very Hull parts hungry.

MP was delayed in an announcement.

My stead money makers for stations are Hull Parts and Claytronics. Every station and needs those to build and shipyards are very Hull parts hungry.
Ahh the construction business. Fond memories of a past playthrough. Teladi space is good pick to produce what is illegal elsewhere, but it's not the only one.

Ahh the construction business. Fond memories of a past playthrough. Teladi space is good pick to produce what is illegal elsewhere, but it's not the only one.
Every playthrough I occupy and control Nopelios fortune. Its in the middle of everything, I set up what goods are legal and illegal and let the customers come to me. Spacefuel/weed not as profitable as it use to be though. Eventually kicked out SCA stations once I have a raptor with a 60+ fighter bomber squad.

Deleted member 182079

D
Without spoilering anything, I completed a main mission the other night that sent me into the heavily fortified Sol system, where a structure had to be explored via combination of ship and spacesuit. While X4's graphics aren't as good as Elite's, it's not something (in terms of the detailed environment/design) that I expected; and it was exciting because there was a real risk of getting blown up because I wasn't supposed to be there. Epic stuff.

This game has really gotten its teeth into me - played until 3.30am the other night as time flew by. And the next day I'm thinking about what to do next in it. So happy I persevered as it was a bit difficult to get into at first. Best 50 Euros ever spent as I can see a lot of longevity in this including different playstyles (picked the Young Guns game start, and now slowly building up my fleet and station) - feels a bit like the Skyrim of spaceship games.

Also really like how legs is incorporated in this game - no pew pew but pure immersion... the sense of scale is off the charts and the bigger ships are... huge indeed (and there's so many types - love it). Plus, even stations all look quite different (depending on race, layout, etc.). Stood in the faction rep's office last night and could look out through the window into the docking bay. Great stuff.

Deleted member 182079

D
Like, I was on this Frigate (mission for TEL to recover it from a minefield), first time I piloted one of them, and I left the cockpit to arrive on the landing pad, in order to command my fighter to land there and pick me up.

It took me a while to realise it wasn't actually the station's landing pad, but the ship's🤦‍♂️which is why my crew wouldn't comply.

Like, I was on this Frigate (mission for TEL to recover it from a minefield), first time I piloted one of them, and I left the cockpit to arrive on the landing pad, in order to command my fighter to land there and pick me up.

It took me a while to realise it wasn't actually the station's landing pad, but the ship's🤦‍♂️which is why my crew wouldn't comply.
Actually my first X4 experience was a leg one. I had skipped Rebirth and wanted to see what the fuzz was about. So I did not what tutorial said, got out of the ship at station, entered other ship, it lifted off, I panicked, no idea how to get back.
I bailed to space, jumped through a gate (in spacesuit) and got shot by pirates on other side.

Pretty epic.

I greatly enjoy watching flight operations down on the deck. Watching drones launch from my destroyer from just feet away, while a huge battle ensues over my head, it's incredibly immersive and breathtaking. And then there's the little details like the guy who comes out, removes a foam machine from the deck, and then cleans my ships. I love it!

I also love watching mining operations from the deck, with drones bringing in chunks of rocks. Unfortunately "in person" mining on large ships is kinda bugged (unless it's been fixed in 4.1), so it's better to let large miners work OOS.

Deleted member 182079

D
Actually my first X4 experience was a leg one. I had skipped Rebirth and wanted to see what the fuzz was about. So I did not what tutorial said, got out of the ship at station, entered other ship, it lifted off, I panicked, no idea how to get back.
I bailed to space, jumped through a gate (in spacesuit) and got shot by pirates on other side.

Pretty epic.
Ha, I did the exact same once, ended up as a stowaway. And since I hadn't researched Teleportation yet, I had to get one of my ships to pick me up again, after I bailed just outside the station.

@Old Duck I actually was wondering about NPC mining - I spent probably 10 minutes on my L size miner, and the crew was just aimlessly moving around and shooting dud rocks. Once left alone the money rolls in. What you're describing is what I'm looking forward to - large scale battles. Am currently extending my own station but am now allied with two factions so have access to their military gear and the larger ships. Just need credits but it's going well, slowly but steadily.

When I disembarked from the frigate earlier, I still openly said 'wow' when I looked up. So big and it's not even that large compared to some of the other vessels. The variety in terms of types and styles is pretty mind boggling. 37/38 ships in Elite is too much, eh? Lol.

Ha, I did the exact same once, ended up as a stowaway. And since I hadn't researched Teleportation yet, I had to get one of my ships to pick me up again, after I bailed just outside the station.

@Old Duck I actually was wondering about NPC mining - I spent probably 10 minutes on my L size miner, and the crew was just aimlessly moving around and shooting dud rocks. Once left alone the money rolls in. What you're describing is what I'm looking forward to - large scale battles. Am currently extending my own station but am now allied with two factions so have access to their military gear and the larger ships. Just need credits but it's going well, slowly but steadily.

When I disembarked from the frigate earlier, I still openly said 'wow' when I looked up. So big and it's not even that large compared to some of the other vessels. The variety in terms of types and styles is pretty mind boggling. 37/38 ships in Elite is too much, eh? Lol.
Ships behave differently when you're "not looking". (Out of sector). OoS is more amalgamation and statistical modelling. So you see more consistent mining yields, e.g.
In-sector what you see is what you get. But that asteroid just doesn't align so well to the average mining yield ruling the data table for the sector. Or it's way outside and takes the ship very long to get to. OoS it's just an average with average cost. It prevents ppl from cooking their CPUs I guess.

Deleted member 182079

D
Ships behave differently when you're "not looking". (Out of sector). OoS is more amalgamation and statistical modelling. So you see more consistent mining yields, e.g.
In-sector what you see is what you get. But that asteroid just doesn't align so well to the average mining yield ruling the data table for the sector. Or it's way outside and takes the ship very long to get to. OoS it's just an average with average cost. It prevents ppl from cooking their CPUs I guess.
Yeah, only a couple of days ago I learned that by watching one of Captain Collins (Youtuber I came across while searching for tips) tutorials. Quite like his channel as it's very informative.

Deleted member 182079

D
Yeah, I only really watch his videos when I'm not sure how to do something, I'm the same in that I don't like to cheese stuff and get things naturally without any fast tracking guides.

Captain Collins is awesome 🤗

Though I try to only look at his how-to videos when I'm really stuck (I prefer figuring things out myself), and I avoid all the "get rich quick in an hour" videos.
I watched a lot if the "applying the new toys" and 1st look at new stuff vids before the Terran expansion released. I used it as guideline fir a playthrough and it was quite helpful. Also stuff he tries but doesnt perform so I dont need to waste a lot if time trying myself. And since I bought the season pass I didnt mind getting a bit hyped. Normally I dont do that but for Egosoft I made exception.

Yeah, only a couple of days ago I learned that by watching one of Captain Collins (Youtuber I came across while searching for tips) tutorials. Quite like his channel as it's very informative.
There is also a chill dude who makes let's plays in German I watched that a bit to rule out I dont do it totally wrong.

Deleted member 182079

D
I watched a lot if the "applying the new toys" and 1st look at new stuff vids before the Terran expansion released. I used it as guideline fir a playthrough and it was quite helpful. Also stuff he tries but doesnt perform so I dont need to waste a lot if time trying myself. And since I bought the season pass I didnt mind getting a bit hyped. Normally I dont do that but for Egosoft I made exception.
Yeah I got the complete edition while on sale - great value if you consider how much is part of the package. I'm sure I'm still messing about with beginner stuff (just now bought a frigate - Cerberus - where you look out at the landing pad from the bridge, and seeing the turrets in action together with defense drones taking off is so, so cool) as I've watched some of Collins' advanced tutorials and the assets he had was eye watering - and I read about players with thousands (?) of ships in their fleet, not really sure what my PC would say about that though performance wise.

But I like to do a bit of trial and error and work things out on my own, that's part of the fun. Still haven't boarded any ships yet, might give that a try next perhaps.

Top Bottom