Game Discussions X4 this looks Very good

Watch the bottom link..its basically the same as developers log above,
but with player review. It Address's the past concerns and highlights the improvements

Yes, it looks nice. The walking around the landing bays with similar holo-numbers, does remind me of what could be with walking around the walkways in an ED station.
The developers in the videos seem pretty aware of the controversy of X:rebirth, and know the new game can't be screwed up again.

Last edited:
Oh dear, those walking around bits look just as bad and sickening as they were in X:Rebirth. And that's not even with VR headset on. Didn't they get it the first time around - nobody wants to walk around same corridor 1712346329 times seeing same NPC faces, just to buy 5 tons of some futuristic space junk or take a mission. There is a very convenient way to do it - it's called a console, menu, trading screen. Whatever. It worked for decades, and it works now.
I'm really sick of the fact that they try to force this into a game that totally doesn't need it. And quite frankly I'm more and more convinced that ED doesn't need it either. Looking at all those space games ruined by lame walking around "gameplay".

Last edited:
Oh dear, those walking around bits look just as bad and sickening as they were in X:Rebirth. And that's not even with VR headset on. Didn't they get it the first time around - nobody wants to walk around same corridor 1712346329 times seeing same NPC faces, just to buy 5 tons of some futuristic space junk or take a mission. There is a very convenient way to do it - it's called a console, menu, trading screen. Whatever. It worked for decades, and it works now.
I'm really sick of the fact that they try to force this into a game that totally doesn't need it. And quite frankly I'm more and more convinced that ED doesn't need it either. Looking at all those space games ruined by lame walking around "gameplay".

Apparantly loads of people love doing it. Loads of others hate it. Neither of these groups grasps the basic concept that different people have different preferences. :rolleyes:

It seems a bit worrisome that they still concentrate on fluff that makes no relevance to trading space game - and some of it looks a bit questionable. However trading and empire bits look promising. It really depends if they will a) get 1.0 version right b) advertisement will focus on their core mechanics.

Why are there pictures of women in their pants on the way to the emergency exit?

For that alone this game looks a bit crepe.

Actually look promising, it could be an instant buy if the flight model and VR are like in ED, I really like the NPC crew feature.

can you land on planets???

Actually look promising, it could be an instant buy if the flight model and VR are like in ED, I really like the NPC crew feature.

can you land on planets???

No, landing on planets is not planned (as far as I know due to previews I watched).

By the way ... even if I pointed this game out to certain forum members ;), I still would recommend to be very cautious about the game on release date. The small company (about 20 people) has a history of launching quite buggy games - but also a history of patching them eventually.
And while I really like the promised deeply interlinked economy, the same was promised for X:Rebirth. And what a mess was this game!

X4 has indeed the potential to be a great space game (with some similarities to ED but even more differences).
But I will definitely wait and see how it turns out and not pre-order it this time (as I unfortunately did with X:Rebirth).

nobody wants to walk around same corridor 1712346329 times seeing same NPC faces, just to buy 5 tons of some futuristic space junk or take a mission.

Well...i almost does that everyday in my ordinary life it's just a little more procedural NPC's in reality.

- Same house everyday
- Same commute everyday
- Same random NPC's on the commute
- Same NPC faces at work everyday
- Same shopping routine after work...

If we survive reality we can survive things looking the same everyday.

No, landing on planets is not planned (as far as I know due to previews I watched).

By the way ... even if I pointed this game out to certain forum members ;), I still would recommend to be very cautious about the game on release date. The small company (about 20 people) has a history of launching quite buggy games - but also a history of patching them eventually.
And while I really like the promised deeply interlinked economy, the same was promised for X:Rebirth. And what a mess was this game!

X4 has indeed the potential to be a great space game (with some similarities to ED but even more differences).
But I will definitely wait and see how it turns out and not pre-order it this time (as I unfortunately did with X:Rebirth).

Well, as a supplement to ED it looks as a promising game. I also like it's a SP game, so it's a game you can play even if you're not on a connection to the spiderweb.

I also understand now that VR will not be in, maybe later so that is that, not a show stopper for me, as ED is doing it so well.

It seems a bit worrisome that they still concentrate on fluff that makes no relevance to trading space game - and some of it looks a bit questionable. However trading and empire bits look promising. It really depends if they will a) get 1.0 version right b) advertisement will focus on their core mechanics.

Let me call it right now: 1.0 will be a terrible bug-infested mess, as was literally every other game by them. They will then work and it'll be cool after a year, or two. Not gonna pre-order, I'll spend the money on popcorn and enjoy the forums. ;)

That's a big if. I credit Egosoft with curing me of that affliction called "pre-ordering". Never again. Egosoft had better pull off something exceptional after the Rebirth debacle and they won't get a penny from me till I have seen some independent gameplay footage from Youtube channels whose opinions I trust. Never again.

I missed out on the last X-series game, which I believe was good, because after buying both X Beyond the Frontier and X2 at release, my opinion of Egosoft was so low that I didn't even entertain the idea of giving them any of my money.

Those two games (in particular the first one) were two of the most shonky, bugged excuses for software that I have ever purchased and although I believe they eventually sorted both of them out, it came way, way after my interest had passed and they had been thrown on the shelf. I have very strong objections to paying full price for a game only to be expected to spend my spare time doing what was basically free beta testing for them rather than playing a working game.

I will see what is said about this latest offering on release.

Edit: Hahaha just looked up at the responses immediately above. Not just me then? :D

... Those two games (in particular the first one) were two of the most shonky, bugged excuses for software that I have ever purchased and although I believe they eventually sorted both of them out, it came way, way after my interest had passed and they had been thrown on the shelf. ... Not just me then? :D

Nope, definitely not! ;)

Admittedly, I came waaaaay too late to the X3 party. When I noticed and purchased the game (for a reduced price), the whole patching process was already done. Maybe, that's why I have mostly fond memories about the series.
Additionally, I heavily relied on mods (universal trader, AEGIS(?)), which enhanced the game but also were a PITA to use, mostly due to the clunky interface - which also haunted the rest of the game. I hope, X4 will indeed enhance this aspect as much as promised.

Top Bottom