Hardware & Technical x52 mode switch bindings

I have an x52 HOTAS and I'm trying to get the mode switches to work somewhat similar to this old link:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/174655-Saitek-x52-and-keyboard-bindings

Unfortunately, they continue to do nothing, here are screenshots of my config:
Capturex52elite.PNGCaptureLandingMode.PNGCaptureFlightMode.PNGCaptureCombatMode.PNG

Am I pulling an ID10T here? What do I have to do to get this to work as intended?

What i do is select the specific mode using the mode wheel on the joystick. Then when in the elite controls menu i select the specific menu option such as honk fss scanner. I then press the desired button on my joystick. It then saves this button on that mode.

Hence standard mode is orange colour and fire buttons etc are used for shooting things.
Scanners are on the pink mode colour and fire buttons are used for scanners etc.

in the pictures there is a macro button that is not ticked. Do that and see if it makes a difference :)

Also You could try increasing the delay timings so all are over 0.25 seconds to see if that fixes things.

Last edited:
I made it like this:
1. remove all "MODES" columns, leaving only 1 mode.
2. set all 3 MODE buttons to "unprogrammed" - at this moment Elite WILL see them in the game as stable (non momentary) switch
3. set one of them like follows to allow me to toggle landing gear on entry to MODE3 and toggle it off on exit of MODE3
4. MODE2 is stable - and I set cargo hold button in the game to "HOLD" and to MODE2 button = when MODE2 is active, cargo is opened (and led is pink)
uGSf1DA.png

Macro button has no effect it seems, and Darmach's suggestion isn't working either. Can someone please explain how to get this thing to trigger *exactly* the commands I have listed in my screen capture in game? The software seems to not even be sending any signals whatsoever in test mode either. The controller confirms that the mode is indeed switching but the switch isn't actually doing anything.

Macro button has no effect it seems, and Darmach's suggestion isn't working either. Can someone please explain how to get this thing to trigger *exactly* the commands I have listed in my screen capture in game? The software seems to not even be sending any signals whatsoever in test mode either. The controller confirms that the mode is indeed switching but the switch isn't actually doing anything.

I had a serious look at this last month as my set up would not work unless I had the stick’s properties window open. And more importantly some of my buttons are giving double bounces.

I deleted all of the pinkie modes. If you use the pinkie switch in your bindings the software will detect it and confuse matters.
Don’t have the stick’s properties window open. If you do the commands from the s/ware are not processed.

That was the two things I did to get the s/ware working. It works very well now. When I change the mode on the stick the mode changes in game. I have a macro that when I hold the Fire C button down; slows the ship then enters FSS, so I can have a quick look to see if there is anything interesting. It reverses the process when the button is released.
Bouncy buttons are fixed by assigning the button to a keyboard key and outputting that key with a short delay when the button is released.

If my advice does not work you could always PM me with a copy of your *.pr0 file and I will have a look at it.

That explains a lot, tho I just the pinke for shift commands and that trigger doesn't seem to work in game without the properties open. I'm guessing I need to rebind my stuff to get this to work then. Will probably try it when I get some downtime.

That explains a lot, tho I just the pinke for shift commands and that trigger doesn't seem to work in game without the properties open. I'm guessing I need to rebind my stuff to get this to work then. Will probably try it when I get some downtime.

I strongly suggest that you make a copy of your pr0 file and delete the pinkie modes first.
Your symptoms seem the same as mine and deleting the pinkie modes did the trick for me. It is worth a try.

Top Bottom