Newcomer / Intro X56 question about firing the cannon

Ok so I am doing the tutorial and I am at the part where you take out the drones. I have been using the laser successfully but cant figure out how to fire the cannon?? Using X56 with default bindings.

Your main weapon should be on “1” (main trigger) and the cannon on “2” (thumb trigger). If it’s in its own fire group, switch to that group.

:D S

Ok I thought the little blue button was assigned to recentering your view, that was the source of my confusion! Thanks for the heads up you guys are fast responders!!
I assigned recentering to the keyboard instead (F8). You are free to make your own keybinds, just remember to copy the file to somewhere safe when you are happy with them, as game patches sometimes muck them up or reset them to default again.

I assigned recentering to the keyboard instead (F8). You are free to make your own keybinds, just remember to copy the file to somewhere safe when you are happy with them, as game patches sometimes muck them up or reset them to default again.

Another thing that helps preserve your binds is to rename the file to something relevant and then open the file in a simple text editor and change the text in the second line to what you have just named the binds.

The reason for the edit is the game identifies the binds file by the name in the second line, so this puts your chosen name into the drop down list of binds.

After you have renamed things you should of course place copies of the binds file in places the game can’t find them to mess them up.

Top Bottom