Xbox All Access

Well that's me sold, Series X, Ultimate games pass and the X-Cloud access for mobile gaming

Capture.PNG

in fairness the series x version will only run the current ED as well as there is no plans to optimise the game for next gen

the Xbox Series S runs the Xbox One S version of backward compatible games while applying improved texture filtering, higher and more consistent frame rates, faster load times and Auto HDR

cant really expect it to do the job of the series X otherwise what would be the point of it?

in fairness the series x version will only run the current ED as well as there is no plans to optimise the game for next gen

the Xbox Series S runs the Xbox One S version of backward compatible games while applying improved texture filtering, higher and more consistent frame rates, faster load times and Auto HDR

cant really expect it to do the job of the series X otherwise what would be the point of it?
The Xbox one X version of ED right now is meant to be optimised above the One S but the Series S will not be for ED, it will be the same as the One S version not the One X. Sure it will have faster loading etc, but will only be the same as the One S version only running smoother.

The Series S will only run ED same as a One S and not enhanced like the One X. Who knows why, but that's what MS said.

Series S works as a One S in back compat mode becuase it doesn't have the memory to run 4K.

EDIT:: Series S has its own set of enhancements:: 1440p and double frame rate on some back compat titles. Digital Foundry did a piece on it.

At least we`ll get rock steady frame rates in 4k / Quality mode which will be a nice bonus as well as HDR.

Last edited:
That deal comes in at a total of £695.76 over the 2 years (for the series X).

Now that we know that the Series X will cost £450, that means you'd be paying £245 for the Ultimate Gamepass (which would normally cost £264 across two years). The ultimate gamepass includes Xbox Live Gold as well which is, what, £50 for a year so £100 for 2 years? Throw in EA Access as well and that looks like a very good deal.

Not sure I have the time to benefit fully from game pass (whether ultimate or otherwise) but, if you did, that's an excellent deal.

I think I'm going to wait to get the Series X. I'd only play ED and The Witcher 3 on it which I can do now. The graphics will be better but I'm not paying £450 just for that. Hopefully by the time Bethesda finally release Starfield, the price will have come down (although there are bound to be other games that come out in the meantime that might take my fancy).

Top Bottom