Xbox Controller Setup

Not sure if anyone can help because I don't want to mess it up.

Come back to the game after a while off and am enjoying mining with the python.

However I find the flight controls with the thimbsticks don't do what I feel they should do especially when trying to core mine.

You just don't seem to be able to zip around the asteroid as I feel you should.

Is there something inam doing wrong or a setting I am missing?

Any help would be apreciated

My controls are here, including the mining bindings

Yeah, I have alternate controls on a click of the left stick, that disables roll and swaps the yaw. It's mainly for landing but it's useful when mining. The settings I have for that are in the link. I know there's a lot!

Actually it could just be a matter of you accidentally changing to alternative controls? (Clicking the left stick by default)

Was more meaning the axis dont seem to do what they should (does that make sense)
It doesn't really make sense. Please be more descriptive. What do you think they should do?

I use xbox controller. When I core mine I fly with flight assist off. Maybe try that.

It doesn't really make sense. Please be more descriptive. What do you think they should do?

I use xbox controller. When I core mine I fly with flight assist off. Maybe try that.

I think I've solved it now it was more to do with the axis on the rs on the xbox controller in that its really 4 way and its training myself to fly in that way

this might help.

Controller settings:
B+LB= heat sink
B+RB= shield cell
B+LT= chaff
A+Up= target previous sub system
A+Down=target next enemy ship
A+Right= target next system in route

fighter commands:
X+B = aggressive
A+Y= return to dock
Rb+Lb = attack target

Driving:
LB+RB dismiss/recall ship

edit:
err... maybe it's just low and worn out batteries.

Last edited:
Hi,
Is there a way to clear a control binding, f.e I don´t want to use the alternative controls which sometimes I hit accidentally. In PC you could use the ESC to clear it, but in Xbox??

Hi,
Is there a way to clear a control binding, f.e I don´t want to use the alternative controls which sometimes I hit accidentally. In PC you could use the ESC to clear it, but in Xbox??
The default is left-click. If you clear that field it should work. I couldn't tell you where in the menu it is, sorry. I'm at work

The default is left-click. If you clear that field it should work. I couldn't tell you where in the menu it is, sorry. I'm at work
No no, I know alt control get acitvated with left-click, what I want is to clear that left-click and never be able to activate alt controls...but I don´t find a way to clear the binding as it asks you to enter another...

Yeah, find that option and clear it. There's a button to clear a field, select I think? It used to be called select; it's two squares now.

Yeah, find that option and clear it. There's a button to clear a field, select I think? It used to be called select; it's two squares now.
Oh perfect, is the right one (the one with 3 horizontal lines).

If anybody had the same issue: to clear an Xbox control binding, use right central button.

Thank you!

Top Bottom