Xbox Elite controller button mapping

I'm an XBox 1 player.

I have the Elite Controller and want to program the paddles to execute control sequences like togging flight assist on and off. (Each toggle requires the use of 2 buttons used in concert on my Elite Controller.)

I've read this entire thread and that it can't be done if I'm using the Elite Controller on an XBox 1.

But I have some questions about how it is done on a PC and how I might be able to use that to get the results I want on my XBox 1:
1. If I plug my Elite Controller into a PC, could I perform the paddle mapping/programming using application software on the PC, then carry the changes in my Elite Controller back to my XBox 1?
2. Is the mapping/programming on a PC, software mapping, or is something set inside the Elite Controller software/firmware?

I'm an XBox 1 player.

I have the Elite Controller and want to program the paddles to execute control sequences like togging flight assist on and off. (Each toggle requires the use of 2 buttons used in concert on my Elite Controller.)

I've read this entire thread and that it can't be done if I'm using the Elite Controller on an XBox 1.

But I have some questions about how it is done on a PC and how I might be able to use that to get the results I want on my XBox 1:
1. If I plug my Elite Controller into a PC, could I perform the paddle mapping/programming using application software on the PC, then carry the changes in my Elite Controller back to my XBox 1?
2. Is the mapping/programming on a PC, software mapping, or is something set inside the Elite Controller software/firmware?

It's not possible to program button sequences or combinations onto a single button on the Elite Controller. You can only remap existing button functions to other buttons. So if you want to turn Flight Assist off, for example, it's (Y+RB) by default. You can remap both Y or RB to other buttons but you can't program the (Y+RB) function onto one single button or paddle. You'll still have to press two buttons for that. This doesn't apply only if you remap your button configuration in the game settings and put this specific function onto one button press.

Configuration of the Elite Controller is done in the Xbox Accessories app. This is the same app with the same features on both Xbox One and Windows 10. There's no other way to remap the button configuration on Xbox controllers.

That is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!
You can EASILY remap the 4 paddles on the underside of the Xbox Elite controller (given that you are playing on a PC, but that's how I read your question when you were talking about remapping to other functions NOT on the controller. If I am mistaken I apologize in advance).

You can even remap them to fire macros of several individual keystrokes and mouseclicks in rapid sequence, which is very valuable in melee combat or dedicated combat games.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely - many people reply no because they have no idea what they are talking about or have only researched the subject superficially. See my reply to MrWhippy above.

- - - Updated - - -

NOPE!!

http://www.rewasd.com/

This is posted in the Xbox One section and Reaswad only works on PC!

Top Bottom