Xbox series x questions need answers ask away here

Moon dog

Banned
Ok I was wondering if I buy an Xbox series x will I have to buy the game again and or will I have to start over?and repurchase cosmetics?

What is the current point in Qaulity/Performance settings on the XBOX?

Both are exactly the same now 🤷‍♂️

No, they're not. The game is perfectly smooth in 4K/Performance mode on Series X. However, in 4K/Quality mode it can stutter, mainly when you enter/exit space stations, or are around surface stations, settlements and geological/biological sites. So there's still a difference in performance, though it's mostly perfectly fine in either. I play in Performance mode because I prefer a stable framerate at all times.

No, they're not. The game is perfectly smooth in 4K/Performance mode on Series X. However, in 4K/Quality mode it can stutter, mainly when you enter/exit space stations, or are around surface stations, settlements and geological/biological sites. So there's still a difference in performance, though it's mostly perfectly fine in either. I play in Performance mode because I prefer a stable framerate at all times.

But they are, all special effects that were visible in Quality mode are gone since the introduction of the FC update.
Quality looks the same as Performance at the moment.
I don't think we'll see a patch either since Odyssey will get a big graphical overhaul with new lighting, new planet surfaces, etc.

But they are, all special effects that were visible in Quality mode are gone since the introduction of the FC update.
Quality looks the same as Performance at the moment.
I don't think we'll see a patch either since Odyssey will get a big graphical overhaul with new lighting, new planet surfaces, etc.

Effects-wise yes, but the performance difference still makes it worth to choose. Planetary surfaces seem to be better in Quality mode, but again, at the cost of frame-rate. I expect Odyssey to overhaul many things in the game (we already know about planet surfaces and lighting) so I'm sure nothing will change until then.

Well, since the news that came out that we console players won't see Odyssey until next fall is there any chance Frontier will do a next gen patch for us before then?

Well, since the news that came out that we console players won't see Odyssey until next fall is there any chance Frontier will do a next gen patch for us before then?

They delayed because they don't have the bandwidth to manage the console versions of odyssey at the same time as PC, all whilst working from home. The idea they would take on additional dev work when they clearly can't deal with what's on their plate already feels far fetched.

Perhaps, but how much extra Dev work would it be? At least in the case of the Xbox Series X it would just be a matter of patching the issues with the 4K quality mode. Surely this is something that should be addressed right away not 8 or 9 months from now in an expansion.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I think currently there are no plans for the new generation of consoles to get an Elite Dangerous update which is just as disappointing for you Xbox Series X players as it is for us on PS5. The PS5 is stuck in 1080p so I guess at least you guys have access to a higher resolution version which makes me very jealous. 😊

I hope post Odyssey FDev will consider updating for the XS and PS5.

I think currently there are no plans for the new generation of consoles to get an Elite Dangerous update which is just as disappointing for you Xbox Series X players as it is for us on PS5. The PS5 is stuck in 1080p so I guess at least you guys have access to a higher resolution version which makes me very jealous. 😊

Post Odyssey? Considering Odyssey isn't coming until next fall, likely later, the XSX and PS5 updates should be included. It's already bad enough that we have to wait that long.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Post Odyssey? Considering Odyssey isn't coming until next fall, likely later, the XSX and PS5 updates should be included. It's already bad enough that we have to wait that long.

I agree they should but, FDev have consistently maintained there are 'no plans' for XS or PS5 updates. I know I hope they change their minds.

Perhaps, but how much extra Dev work would it be?
We have no way to reliably estimate that. What I do know for sure is that people without the prerequisite information almost always underestimate the task - that's just human nature.

Post Odyssey? Considering Odyssey isn't coming until next fall, likely later, the XSX and PS5 updates should be included.

And there is plenty of time between now and then for Frontier to evaluate what makes the most commercial sense for them. But this won't be an emotional decision, it`ll be done on a spreadsheet. Decisions (or their absence) are not set in stone, and plans (or their absence) can change over time. In the meantime, a bit of lobbying in the forums won't hurt.

Moon dog

Banned

Ya like everyone been saying doubt that update come out anytime soon

Top Bottom