Xbox Specific suggestion: Move CQC to OPEN

I know there’s a place for suggestions but I’d like to talk about this first specific to Xbox One.

While I’m not a fan on some aspects of OPEN I do realize many are interested in PvP.

Idea:

Make CQC a part of power play merits and faction influence for open. Here’s what I mean...scrape the whole separate CQC mode entirely and take components of this and apply it to OPEN.

Some people want to push this or that faction for control and while the background sim is there I’m going on a limb to say it’s not as prominent as this would be.

I’ll go as far as saying in ways we should be able to jump around in the galaxy just for this feature only.

I could also foresee a Thargoid version

What do you all think?

There won't be much more participation as there is today. I think it would be like multicrew. Everyone will try it and then it will be empty again.
Lots of people want PvP but those that want to have a fair game at it have been drawn away from the game with the Engineers long ago. Today PvP is just a competition of time invested to build THAT PvP ship. People who don't want that won't search the competition in CQC as they like to do other things in their playtime, trading, exploring and so on.
The PvPers don't want to play CQC because they can't use their min/maxed ships.
There will be some that will have a friendly match every now and then but the current format is good enough for that imho.
Trying to introduce CQC-like combat as a way to help a faction is like deciding elections with football games. (I would love that for wars in RL)
But the same things will apply here. Those playing the BGS today are rarely those looking for PvP and vice versa.
It would probably work for Powerplay, a government giving merits to a sportsman for representing their faction is believable I guess.
The possibility to jump around for this feature is not thinkable for me if there would be any effect on any game mechanics like PP or BGS. You could work on the PP-Weapons while doing a long exploration trip. Just jump back once a week for the merits.
If CQC would become a part of the main game I think it should take place in dedicated arenas where you have to fly to. Maybe weekly tournaments like CG's at different locations with stuff to win? Maybe that would work to keep people at it but I doubt it.
Such things get old quick, there's a reason why there are no more CG's. Noone cared about them anymore. And the PvP will happen outside of the arenas when the usual suspects attack the people heading for the event....

Tl;dr: No, I don't think that would work very good.

There won't be much more participation as there is today. I think it would be like multicrew. Everyone will try it and then it will be empty again.
Lots of people want PvP but those that want to have a fair game at it have been drawn away from the game with the Engineers long ago. Today PvP is just a competition of time invested to build THAT PvP ship. People who don't want that won't search the competition in CQC as they like to do other things in their playtime, trading, exploring and so on.
The PvPers don't want to play CQC because they can't use their min/maxed ships.
There will be some that will have a friendly match every now and then but the current format is good enough for that imho.
Trying to introduce CQC-like combat as a way to help a faction is like deciding elections with football games. (I would love that for wars in RL)
But the same things will apply here. Those playing the BGS today are rarely those looking for PvP and vice versa.
It would probably work for Powerplay, a government giving merits to a sportsman for representing their faction is believable I guess.
The possibility to jump around for this feature is not thinkable for me if there would be any effect on any game mechanics like PP or BGS. You could work on the PP-Weapons while doing a long exploration trip. Just jump back once a week for the merits.
If CQC would become a part of the main game I think it should take place in dedicated arenas where you have to fly to. Maybe weekly tournaments like CG's at different locations with stuff to win? Maybe that would work to keep people at it but I doubt it.
Such things get old quick, there's a reason why there are no more CG's. Noone cared about them anymore. And the PvP will happen outside of the arenas when the usual suspects attack the people heading for the event....

Tl;dr: No, I don't think that would work very good.

So I get what you’re saying.

Makes sense...just throwing ideas out cause CQC even when i jump on seems dead or to have never come alive.

I did do a few when they tried the CQC Thursday’s on Xbox but not sure ppl even do that anymore.

Top Bottom