XWing TIE Fighter XWvTIE XWAlliance

I still love playing these old but GOLD games, thing is I'm fed up with the throttle. I have a HOTAS and want to map the throttle buttons in game (Full speed, 2/3rds, 1/3rd, stop) to "bands" on my hotas throttle (instead of being on a hat). I use Joy2key but cannot see any functionality that will allow what I want. Does anyone know of a program that could do that....assuming my post makes sense!

Last edited:

Goose4291

Banned
I still love playing these old but GOLD games, thing is I'm fed up with the throttle. I have a HOTAS and want to map the throttle buttons in game (Full speed, 2/3rds, 1/3rd, stop) to "bands" on my hotas throttle (instead of being on a hat). I use Joy2key but cannot see any functionality that will allow what I want. Does anyone know of a program that could do that....assuming my post makes sense!

Weird, my Hotas works for me like That normally in all of them

Tie Fighter was my first game on CD. I had to build a PC for that. :D :D
I didn't have a joystick, so I actually destroyed two mice playing it. Totally worn out the balls.
Damn, now I'll have to rummage through my heaps and try if it works...

Last edited:
Man, why can't they give us a decent revival of that franchise with VR support? It's a no-brainer. Everybody at the ILMxLAB I've talked to for the past 4 years has been DREAMING about taking on such a project, too. A flexible platform with robust multiplayer and mission editor/modding support would keep people happy for a decade.

Last edited:
Man, why can't they give us a decent revival of that franchise with VR support? It's a no-brainer. Everybody at the ILMxLAB I've talked to for the past 4 years has been DREAMING about taking on such a project, too. A flexible platform with robust multiplayer and mission editor/modding support would keep people happy for a decade.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the Darth Mouse or EA going in that direction any time soon. :D

I'll sweeten the pot! They can nickel and dime us for every single piece of content, release a bare bones version and charge through the nose for everything else: every added ship, Death Star, mission packs, planetside stuff! SOB! PLEASE! How about a console-centric launch that takes six months to add rudimentary HOTAS support? Anything! Fine - no mod support or mission editor. SOB. (collapses into fetal position)

Last edited:
I'll sweeten the pot! They can nickel and dime us for every single piece of content, release a bare bones version and charge through the nose for everything else: every added ship, Death Star, mission packs, planetside stuff! SOB! PLEASE! (collapses into fetal position)

Standard copy: Tie-fighter + 3 missions (repeatable)
Tie Interceptor DLC + 2 extra mission: Ł15 (discounted from Ł24.99 after two weeks)
Tie Advanced DLC + 2 missions + Darth Vader as playable character: Ł17.99
Death Star DLC - addidng battle royale and player lobby (no actual Death Star): Ł24.99

Last edited:
I enjoyed X-wing alliance and remember getting it from a bargain bin. Maybe my favorite space "shooter" back then. ED's current CZ's mini-goals/target games kind of reminds me of those X-wing type of game goals now. It would be cool if they expanded the scenario for the megacruiser attack where instead of just making it witchspace away, also allow messing up its powerplant/fsd where then the winning side can all join up and make it blow up. (similar to where you could gradually take out ISD's in the X-wing games, sometimes assisting the calamari cruisers)

Last edited:
I only stopped playing XW:A when I bought a gfx card that provoked a bug that screws up all the text in the game. [sad]

I vaguely recall reading that there's a fix for that now so maybe I should dig it out and give it another go.

I only stopped playing XW:A when I bought a gfx card that provoked a bug that screws up all the text in the game. [sad]

I vaguely recall reading that there's a fix for that now so maybe I should dig it out and give it another go.

The fact that there is a fix for Voodoo 2 doesn't mean you'll manage to run it on modern GPU. :D :D

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Man I loved those games when I was a kid! Classics.

TIE Fighter is still one of my favorites of all time I think.

Tie Fighter was awesome, they don't make them like that anymore sadly.
There were more good games back then though, I loved Wing Commander Prophecy and Privateer one and two.

Yup the games are great, still can't get my throttle to be seen though.

And I just attempted the custom dogfight in XWvTIE as a rebel Got all 50 TIE A's (sods though, took ages!) got all 50 TIE I's (still sods), got all 50 TIE F's, shot down the first novice TIE B and the game sodding crashed DAYUM! :(

Top Bottom