Yamiks, Obsidian And, and Co: Creator's Roundtable On The Visit To Frontier

Be aware, this is well over two hours long. Surprisingly, forum posters who are hostile to video streamers might discover that they are *not* shills, and have a *lot* of the same problems that we do with Frontier's community management.

Long version: Frontier *could* have been better off if they *could* have invited everyone (can't afford it), and they *would* be better off if they put their cards on the table, with disclaimers, to show everyone, at the same time that guests were allowed. The video guys are as frustrated by the NDA as we are.

Watch for the moment when one of them says he's "excited" about what's coming, and gets a metric boatload of abuse just for *using* that word. Everybody else hammered on the poor guy, just because expectations had been abused so much by Frontier. It's after the 2 hour mark. Correction: 1:23:29 in the finished video.

Yamiks:

[video=youtube;JjLLmbt-vTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjLLmbt-vTY&feature=push-lsb&attr_tag=uIYFEBFXPDPkMtoh%3A6[/video]

Obsidian Ant:

[video=youtube;xsR5BRPIPeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsR5BRPIPeQ[/video]

Last edited:
Be aware, this is well over two hours long. Surprisingly, forum posters who are hostile to video streamers might discover that they are *not* shills, and have a *lot* of the same problems that we do with Frontier's community management.

Long version: Frontier *could* have been better off if they *could* have invited everyone (can't afford it), and they *would* be better off if they put their cards on the table, with disclaimers, to show everyone, at the same time that guests were allowed. The video guys are as frustrated by the NDA as we are.

Watch for the moment when one of them says he's "excited" about what's coming, and gets a metric boatload of abuse just for *using* that word. Everybody else hammered on the poor guy, just because expectations had been abused so much by Frontier. It's after the 2 hour mark.

Yamiks:

Obsidian Ant:

It's kind of amusing listening to Obsidian trying to be impartial, and keep his journalistic balance amongst his exuberant peers.

I watched it for maybe two minuets. Maybe it was just the section I happened to watch but, to much out loud moaning and swearing with people talking over each other.

Pass. ...also

flimley

FWIW, I think DTEA was spot-on in what he was saying about USSs.

Fundamentally, anybody should be able to do (almost) anything with enough time, patience and perseverance.

If you want to earn a gazillion credits, you can haul biowaste in a T7 for a year.
If you want to become Elite in combat, you can go to RES's and shoot a gazillion Adders.
If you want to be an explorer, you can just honk-jump to Beagle Point and back.
Etc.

Point is, those are the "fallback" ways of achieving things.
Anybody with half a brain can do those things and achieve those goals.
And that's fine.

Thing is, there should also be alternative ways to achieve those goals - more challenging ways which reward skill and/or intelligence.
If you want to achieve something, there should be something you can try and then, if you fail, you try something else instead.
And then, if you fail at the 2nd thing, you can still fall back on the "no-brain method" instead.

Same thing should apply to engineering and mat' gathering in general and to USSs specifically.

There should be different ways to achieve different aspects of engineering, some of which might require you have a big/powerful ship or have certain skills or use your brain.
The current method of mat-gathering and engineering should really just be the "fallback" method, which anybody can do even if they're stuck in a Sidey or are completely clueless.

What's the point of inviting the game's biggest streamers to see stuff and then stop them from talking about it? Where's the payoff for Frontier? FD is so ridiculous with these secrets. Every other game that has timed DLC hitting in months time is open with what's in it. They're so bad at PR.

For the record , participants of the streams were :
Yamiks, Obsidian ant, DJTruthSayer, Down to earth astronomy, Exigeous, Paroxsym

Aslo, only DJ & Obsidian were invited and took part of that event!

verminstar

Banned
So two hours of trying to sound excited, though not saying why they excited just that they are excited. OA would be the only one I could watch if I were inclined to waste that much time watching something that doesnt actually tell ye anything...yamiks isnt really all that funny and after I listen to him, I keep thinking about compare the market dot com with an 18 certificate...too much swearing ^

Top Bottom