YAY!!! The F25 Allows Kids!

[up][up][up][up]

THANK YOU Frontier for allowing the fear rating, rather than an arbitrarily set flag, to determine whether or not kids can go on the new F25 coaster!!!!!! Seriously, this is how it should be with ALL coasters.

The F25 WANTS to be totally extreme. I mean, with a launcher that accelerates so quickly and can be inclined up to 60^, you can make the F25 have both high speed and high altitude simultaneously, which allows some REALLY crazy things. In contrast, most coasters can have only one or the other, altitude or speed, at the same time. So there's always the temptation to go big, fast, and high-fear with the F25 BECAUSE YOU CAN, even though that would keep the kids off it. But you can still, by controlling your impulses, built a layout with multiple inversions with a fear of only 3.5 or so, BECAUSE YOU CAN!

The freedom to pursue either of these options is MOST WELCOME!!! THANK YOU FRONTIER!!![up][up][up][up]

Now please go back and remove the "no-kids" tag from all other coasters :)

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
That's the first thing I noticed...the ratings...I thought the one I made would have had very high excitement, fear but it didn't. Thanks for pointing that out [up]

It WOULD be nice to have that on all or even some.

That's the first thing I noticed...the ratings...I thought the one I made would have had very high excitement, fear but it didn't. Thanks for pointing that out [up]

If you use the chain lift or a horizontal launcher, the F25 is the same as everything else: fast at low altitude, slow at high altitude, and with track length determined by the height of the lift hill or the speed of the initial launcher (not considering additional lifts or launchers later on). By keeping this reasonable, you can make a family-friendly ride out of it.

HOWEVER, you can aim the F25's launcher upwards at 60^ so you can end up with well over 100kmph at over 100m above the ground, which is a phenomenal amount of initial energy. This allows all kinds of extreme layouts and the longest track runs of any coaster with only a single lift or launch. Even if you keep the Gs down below fighter pilot levels, the speed alone will keep the fear too high for families.

Seriously, the F25 is the best of both worlds. It has replaced the Looney Turns as the most versatile coaster in the game.

It WOULD be nice to have that on all or even some.

Excellent! [up]

YAY! More money for the bank.. [haha]

Welcome to the Revolution! Our goal is burying the "no kids" flag in an unmarked grave at midnight. Failing that, at least making it a user-controlled toggle. Viva la revolucion!

They should just allow kids for ALL the rides LOL.

However only some coasters allow kids. Cause in real life, roller coasters depending on the design and intensity, have height restrictions for legal safety reasons. But I agree with the OP. It's a game, not real life. Planet Coaster isn't for me, solely a "professional simulation game for adults only". Give us the option to let kids on our rides rather than the infamous "Teens and Adults only".

Mind you they allow kids on most if not all Flat Rides when they shouldn't really be doing those rides. But it's fun to see them react on those rides, it really is! One minute they're hyper and smiling, the next minute they're clinging on kicking their legs and screaming "this was a bad idea, let me off".

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator

However only some coasters allow kids. Cause in real life, roller coasters depending on the design and intensity, have height restrictions for legal safety reasons. But I agree with the OP. It's a game, not real life. Planet Coaster isn't for me, solely a "professional simulation game for adults only". Give us the option to let kids on our rides rather than the infamous "Teens and Adults only".

Mind you they allow kids on most if not all Flat Rides when they shouldn't really be doing those rides. But it's fun to see them react on those rides, it really is! One minute they're hyper and smiling, the next minute they're clinging on kicking their legs and screaming "this was a bad idea, let me off".

I was tall enough to ride almost anything by age 6 or 7. [big grin]

Definitely!

Amen!

I look at it this way. The fear rating is the in-game embodiment of height restrictions and whatnot "depending on the design and intensity", because it comes directly from the intensity of the ride as the game measures it. Thus, by controlling the fear rating, you're in effect setting the height restriction even for coasters that nominally allow kids. If you build it with fear 4.0 or greater, you've made it "adults and teens only". If you built with fear 3.5, you've given it a low but not insignificant height restriction (so like ages 8-10). If you built it with fear between 3.5 and 3.9, you've put a medium restriction on it (so ages 11-12).

The same goes for flat rides, all of which AFAIK allow kids. Whether or not kids go on it at all, and how many do, is totally a function of the fear and nausea ratings. All peeps tolerate more nausea than fear and it's very hard to make a coaster more sickening than it is scary, so nausea really doesn't matter much for them. But flats can be quite nauseating even with family-friendly fear, so again, you control the customer base by how you set up the ride.

As a result, I see no reason for the existence of the "adults and teens only" flag at all. It's completely redundant and has been applied arbitrarily to coasters that, in real life, allow kids (at least if not too intense). Some coasters tagged "adults and teens only" were in fact specifically designed to accommodate kids. It's ridiculous.

Some examples I find particularly annoying in the game:

Sky Loop (the Maurer X-Train). Specifically designed and advertised as having a seat and restraint system for all sizes, with small kids featuring in the promotional videos.

Cascade: The bulk of water coasters are family rides. And don't get me started on the "Pirates of the Caribbean", which I was riding at age 5 or 6.

SLV: Watch videos of old shuttle loops and you'll see kids. Not to mention all the Jumbo Jets and other family coasters Schwarzkopf made.

American Arrow: I rode the original "Great American Revolution" at Magic Mountain when I was 12, and I didn't get my height until I was 18.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Some examples I find particularly annoying in the game:

Sky Loop (the Maurer X-Train). Specifically designed and advertised as having a seat and restraint system for all sizes, with small kids featuring in the promotional videos.

Cascade: The bulk of water coasters are family rides. And don't get me started on the "Pirates of the Caribbean", which I was riding at age 5 or 6.

SLV: Watch videos of old shuttle loops and you'll see kids. Not to mention all the Jumbo Jets and other family coasters Schwarzkopf made.

American Arrow: I rode the original "Great American Revolution" at Magic Mountain when I was 12, and I didn't get my height until I was 18.

Exactly! On! Point!

It´s one thing to restirict kids on rides for "simulation", but at least chose the right rides please.

Another thing that irks me is the fatal decision to have groups of six people, who then can´t split. Now we first had rides, which groups can´t ride. But instead of just saying, OK, groups over 4 people can´t ride certain rides, OR lower group size to 4 peeps, they come up with this totally botched up system that ruined the Wooden Wild Mouse!

Top Bottom