Yet another brilliant "speed up SC" idea.

97430C82-ECC5-4E18-BBBA-C168F440EE1D.gif

The idea made me laugh out some of my tea - good form old chap!
Sorry about your tea, mate!
But sometimes, most crazy, outlandish ideas from the first glance can actually become something essential, when you finally realize how genius it is.

Just think about it:
It's not only gonna speed up SC for all the folks who want it so bad. And result of bad switching can leave you with your engine blown. Well, maybe not as severe, but falling in normal space could be harsh enough.
But the best feature is that, I know for a fact of some folks using wheels and pedals to drive SRV. Maybe they also somehow use it to steer ships and even fight, who knows? But there's not much use for gear shifter that usually comes in the package. Let them get some use of it, eh? Immersion, more engaged gameplay and all that.

:ROFLMAO:Great idea! I am going to throw my joystick away and get a steering wheel and handbrake as well. Imagine the handbrake turns through the slot!!

Gearbox.

Yes, you heard it right, FSD needs a gearbox. Think drag racing... from the gravity well.

Enough said. Let your fantasy run wild from here.

fantastic, can I have an automatic gearbox that changes seamlessly as though its not even there, after all I'm not a gutter snipe living in the dark ages whose only toilet is a bucket in the corner.

Tell me... does it come with small seismic charges per chance?

FSD already has a gearbox. Seriously! If you have a close planet selected while in supercruise, go ahead and deselect it. You can literally hear the FSD shift gears and your ship will speed up. Apparently supercruise regulates its speed based on your selected destination. If you want to go as fast as possible, just select nothing! I've used this tactic more than once to escape player interdiction.

And in the other direction, select a planet you're passing by while in "top gear" supercruise, and listen to your engines whine! :D

FSD already has a gearbox. Seriously! If you have a close planet selected while in supercruise, go ahead and deselect it. You can literally hear the FSD shift gears and your ship will speed up. Apparently supercruise regulates its speed based on your selected destination. If you want to go as fast as possible, just select nothing! I've used this tactic more than once to escape player interdiction.

And in the other direction, select a planet you're passing by while in "top gear" supercruise, and listen to your engines whine! :D
This is Supercruise News

Top Bottom