Yet Another HGE Thread

HGEs are still a broken mess. I've been trying to get pharmaceutical isolators, and I've gone through at least 20 outbreak systems of varying populations without finding a single one. Most systems don't have a single HGE, and the majority of the ones I did find, in outbreak systems, were either superpower HGEs or HGEs for different states from non-controlling minor factions. In about two hours of looking, I only found one outbreak HGE. When I got to it, it spawned imperial shielding because apparently Frontier felt I don't appreciate them enough. Seriously, this is beyond annoying. HGEs should be limited to the controlling faction's state, or the superpower if the state is none. The spawn rate for them should be raised so that, on average, you can find an HGE in every other system, maybe. Or just toss the USS system entirely. Jumping from system to system and opening the FSS and scanning every signal source is incredibly tedious, to the point of being downright un-fun. A system similar to raw materials would be better, where you could find them randomly, or in special locations (Biological/geological hotspots) in decent quantities by scanning planets. Perhaps instead of scanning signal sources one by one, there can be a per-system scanning mini-game like with planets. Doing so would potentially reveal material hotspots like shipwrecks or abandoned outposts. So in about a minute, I thought up several better ways to go about manufactured material collecting. This just leads me to believe Frontier have put about the same, or less, thought into the current system. Please, for the love of God, Frontier, overhaul the current system. It's seriously making me consider dropping the game entirely.

Update: After three hours, I finally got one to spawn. Probably could have gotten about 30-60 of the raw rares in that same amount of time.

Yeh, well done for keeping the issue current. I'm actually almost full on everything now, thanks to a lull in engineering, in fact, I'm almost done with the ships that I want, but that time when you want to try a different shield and booster config and you need a bunch of Improvised components and military super capacitors, it's beyond frustrating. The system is well and truly broken, especially as mentioned in the op, in terms of superpower materials overwriting state specific materials 90% of the time.

Last edited:
Is it bad that one of my work arounds is only doing bi-weave thermal resist hybrid builds because I really can't be bothered dealing with improvised components?

Is it bad that one of my work arounds is only doing bi-weave thermal resist hybrid builds because I really can't be bothered dealing with improvised components?

Good idea, but doesn't work with AX-Builds :(

Anyway, i gave up on farming PIs, ICs and other frustrating components .. I decided to go the IS 1:6 trading route and feel robbed everytime ... However you can reliable farm them in HGEs in Imperial Systems in "None" state with high population. Nice side-effect: There are only IS drops possible and sometimes there are 5 of them floating around (so 5x3 = 15 IS).

Farming 42 Imperial Shielding goes way faster than farming 7 Improvised Components. But it's still a giant robbery!

BTW: Lately i found out that the "exploit" with HGEs still works ... If you are willing to go this route you can still do it and call it "work-around" instead of "exploit". Your decision

Last edited:
"Special" fuel for FCs, lots of it.

And since in the future, you have to mine your own stuff (funny how they can build and sell fully functioning star ships but you can't buy iron or any other material from a mining/ refinery concern at a planetary or space base) you will be out looking for this FC fuel element.

You're right, for some reason I mixed em up with DWEs, the other bane of my life. Thanks for the correction.

Don't get me started with the DWEs, I'm just glad my ships FSDs are all G5 now. Now I'm looking for a supply of Chemical Manipulators, which I usually get in Encoded
USS. But now I'm only getting private beacons and DWEs:rolleyes:

Be combat Elite, take trade missions, kill all the Deadly Condas that get sent after you, have more Pharma (and other G4 & 5 mats) than you know what to do with.

Top Bottom