You are not currently subscribed to any channels in this group????

channel.png

It's been stuck this way for much of the weekend now, through multiple logins and reboots. I've tried all the different settings (full right icon in chat panel), and nothing fixes this. Maybe I should be thankful, since system chat can be the dregs, but sometimes it is a fun place to hang out during these long, repetitive, boring supercruise runs.

Yer thats the message you should be getting from the Squad or Wing/Crew tab.
But for you its coming from the "L33T LOL ROFL INIT BLABLABLA L33T" tab. Or as I also call it, the never bloody unhide tab!

As a side note : Bring back the damn Hide NPC chat option FDev ! or just fix the Local tab options.

Last edited:
While I know everyone is joking about blocking, I actually wondered for a quick second if I had been "shadow banned", but no, I see plenty of people in supercruise and can talk to people using local chat. It's just the system chat that is screwed up, regardless how I organize the tabs. I can't even use /system to activate it.

I've been doing a lot of multicrew lately, so maybe this has messed something up, but even when I don't have my crewmate I can't access system chat. It's not that big a deal, but like I said, the supercruise marathon in this CG is boring, so I'd like some sort of distraction.

While I know everyone is joking about blocking, I actually wondered for a quick second if I had been "shadow banned", but no, I see plenty of people in supercruise and can talk to people using local chat. It's just the system chat that is screwed up, regardless how I organize the tabs. I can't even use /system to activate it.

I've been doing a lot of multicrew lately, so maybe this has messed something up, but even when I don't have my crewmate I can't access system chat. It's not that big a deal, but like I said, the supercruise marathon in this CG is boring, so I'd like some sort of distraction.
Try flicking up and down between local and system, it (sometimes) clears it up for me.
Glitchy mess.

Still no joy. Well I guess system chat is forever broken on my Elite for whatever reason. I suppose that's okay, most times it is empty anyway, and other times it's just nonsense. Just remember, if you wish to taunt me or say "hi", you'll have to use local or direct chat, because I can't read system chat anymore.

Dude I tried all this stuff, no go. I'm hoping it'll clear itself up later the next time I log back in, but I guess we'll see.

Not at all meant to be patronising as I think you will have already tried, but have you muted the system chat by chance? I was thinking about it and I wonder if you need to relog for the setting to change. Just a thought though :)

That happened to me on Saturday when I jumped my FC into LFT 625.

It's fine now.

I dunno... 🤷‍♂️
Huh... I wonder if it has something to do with fleet carrier saturation? I'll soon be leaving the area for a little exploration vacation, so I'll watch the system chat and see if it clears up when I leave. I had jumped to another system close by to see if it was system-dependent, but that neighboring system was also full of carriers, so you may be onto something.

I've been getting this issue too, and as of this moment I only have Squadron chat tab appear for about 2% of the time I'm playing, before it mysteriously disappears again. I noticed, subsequently, that whenever this happens my System chat bugs and gives me the message described by the OP.

So, in short, I'm locked out of System chat and Squadron chat 98% of the time. This is pretty bad as these are integral features for an MMO. I'm pretty annoyed about it.

I should note that I believe this must be a recent bug because I've been playing Elite since it was released and I've never had this issue before.

It might be a server bug. My system chat worked briefly, but then nobody else where in there with me, making me think others were being locked out. As for fleet carriers, they can't be the cause because I went to ShinDez (no carriers there) and still couldn't access system chat.

Oh well, I'm heading out into deep space soon for a little break from the CG grind, so I can wait for this to be fixed. Hopefully Frontier will look into it this week.

The thing still causes Performance problems.... -performance problems!- from a chat window!

It glitches so hard, it actually damages the frame rate on super powerful PC's until you literally "give it a wiggle" between tabs.

There's also still a "test" message you sometimes get to come up during all this insane, cannot believe it made it into the release branch performance killing chat window bug.

Your asking a lot here, considering the state of the thing.

It's a shame, because it used to work perfectly.

Top Bottom