You are not currently subscribed to any channels in this group????

Same issue here as described in the OP. No workarounds found so far.

As of recently I do have the feeling that Fdev brought back a whole lot of bugs, that had already been fixed in the past.

Well, I tried that several times. It does not solve the issue. Still disconnected from system chat. Also changing IP adresses does not seem to solve the issue. You can restart the game randomly and at some point it lets you send to system chat, but that usually involves dozens of game starts.

It's not restricted to live chat, which I rarely use. The panel often locks down after choosing a side in a conflict. It can always be cleared by logging off to the main menu.

Seriously, I don't really know what ED and Chat are having. The chat window is bugged, ever since they re-aligned the tabs in wake of introducing squadrons. It starts with the FPS drops down to the low 20s once you start the game which can be fixed by switching tabs, continues in the aforementioned CZs where the chat menu likes to stay expanded up until relog, and as of lately they somehow managed to disconnect me from system chat at random.
Or should I say, they randomly connect me to system chat every once in a while.

Contacted support yesterday, let's see how this odyssey continues....

Just an update.
Got a reply from the support. It states that the issue is known, there are no known fixes for it, a future update will solve that problem but it is unknown when said future update will hit the servers.

Just started having this today (i think, been out in less popular systems the last few days) takes a lot of the fun out of the current CG. Maybe why its so empty?

i went into fss in a system and all of a sudden chat worked again. didn't when i tried it before, so not sure what was different

Top Bottom