You can now link your PSN account to EDSM.net to log your journeys!

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
This is pretty big folks, massive shout out to both EDSM and Frontier who seem to have put the console authentication in place. Hopefully this will allow us to use more third party apps in the future. [up]

https://www.edsm.net

Create an account and select the "console updater" in the profile. You will have to authenticate with your PSN account. You need to make sure the EDSM account is a console one, if its asking for API key it's been set up as a PC account.

When registering a new account if you don't already have a console account you may be prompted to select PS account and carry out the authentication at that stage. My account was already created.

Screenshot_20181219-182442.png

Screenshot_20181219-184315.png

Last edited:
Great news, just read it on Discord. Worked for me, thanks to everyone who made that possible!

That means we console peasants can finally contribute to the EDSM/EDDB data base?

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Great news, just read it on Discord. Worked for me, thanks to everyone who made that possible!

That means we console peasants can finally contribute to the EDSM/EDDB data base?

Yup!! I believe so.

Last edited:
What data can we share? I just tried it, it shows details on the console updater page, but the other details don't seem to update.

Do I need to be logged into the game on the playstation to update more?

That's awesome news! Just registered now. Registering was a little different for me. Once I clicked register, i had to click the PS symbol at the top, then enter my email and Commander name which then took me to the Frontier authentication. Just clicked the PS symbol on there and entered my PSN account details and bam, all done!

Then it was just a case of clicking the arrow next to the profile picture and selecting console updater. It didn't ask me to authenticate with PSN (probably because I had already done so when registering).

I really hope INARA follow suit, as I use that site more than EDSM.

EDIT: No more need to MANUALLY input ship builds into coriolis.io! You can select it from a ship on the Fleet page! Such a HUGE time saver!

Last edited:
What data can we share? I just tried it, it shows details on the console updater page, but the other details don't seem to update.

Do I need to be logged into the game on the playstation to update more?

I Just linked my accounts, but wan't logged in on ps4, and it updated my Cr and location but not ship details. Logged in on ps4 and other stuff got updated :)

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
That's awesome news! Just registered now. Registering was a little different for me. Once I clicked register, i had to click the PS symbol at the top, then enter my email and Commander name which then took me to the Frontier authentication. Just clicked the PS symbol on there and entered my PSN account details and bam, all done!

Then it was just a case of clicking the arrow next to the profile picture and selecting console updater. It didn't ask me to authenticate with PSN (probably because I had already done so when registering).

I really hope INARA follow suit, as I use that site more than EDSM.

EDIT: No more need to MANUALLY input ship builds into coriolis.io! You can select it from a ship on the Fleet page! Such a HUGE time saver!

Yeh my PSN account was already created. I'll update the OP.

Top Bottom