You can now link your Xbox account to EDSM.net to log your journeys!

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
This is pretty big folks, massive shout out to both EDSM and Frontier who seem to have put the console authentication in place. Hopefully this will allow us to use more third party apps in the future. [up]

https://www.edsm.net

Create an account and select the "console updater" in the profile. You will have to authenticate with your Xbox account. You need to make sure the EDSM account is a console one, if its asking for API key it's been set up as a PC account.

When registering a new account if you don't already have a console account you may be prompted to select a console account and carry out the authentication at that stage. My account was already created.

Screenshot_20181219-182442.png

Screenshot_20181219-184315.png

Last edited:
Really? I find that hard to believe. I would love to find out the story of how this was made possible.

As stated by Ulaidian, thanks for making this happen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Really? I find that hard to believe. I would love to find out the story of how this was made possible.

As stated by Ulaidian, thanks for making this happen.

Why not?

WN8 works on Xbox WoT.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Will I be able to register to use both the Xbox and PC accounts, both have the same commander name but different frontier accounts?

I have had to create two, one console and one PC API there is some link to potentially link accounts but not sure I want to click that. Don't want something to break. Hehehe.

Last edited:
I have had to create two, one console and one PC API there is some link to potentially link accounts but not sure I want to click that. Don't want something to break. Hehehe.

You can link your two account easily, but I haven't tested with a console account yet, because we don't have a password for it :D

Registered OK.

I can see a few details in my profile but not much is populated.
I'm out on a random wander around the Orion-Cygnus Arm.
Why can't I see my location on the Galaxy Map, relative to other CMDRs?

Will it eventually include all my route data from when I started Elite, or only from registration on EDSM?

Cheers!

Registered OK.

I can see a few details in my profile but not much is populated.
I'm out on a random wander around the Orion-Cygnus Arm.
Why can't I see my location on the Galaxy Map, relative to other CMDRs?

Will it eventually include all my route data from when I started Elite, or only from registration on EDSM?

Cheers!

It's only grabbing the information when it is updating.

Very excited about this...and it may change my mind as to whether or not I do DW2 on PC vs XBox.

Only problem is...it doesn't seem to be working. I get a white page that just says "internal error" after logging in through Frontier's authentication page.

Very excited about this...and it may change my mind as to whether or not I do DW2 on PC vs XBox.

Only problem is...it doesn't seem to be working. I get a white page that just says "internal error" after logging in through Frontier's authentication page.

It seems there is still some bug out of our control to fix ;)

Ok, created an acount while at work (Shhhh!) and it update with my curent location and current ship. I am assuming when I log into the game it wil updte the rest of my data.

I have always been an EDDB users so thi swill take some getting used to. One thing I initially noticed is that you cannot filter/sort by the age ocf the data when searching for commodities or modules. That would be usseful.Also filter that yo need a large landing pad.

That is a good question Re console updater. I pressed start, made sure it was ' on ' for docking updating. Is that right? I'm afraid, although registering last year, with it not being Xbox compatable, I'm not sure of it's ins and outs.

It seems there is still some bug out of our control to fix ;)

Well, I'm wondering if I caused the hiccup. I registered a second account with the same email address that is attached to Frontier's authentication before I realized that I had to go through Frontier. Maybe that's it?

Top Bottom