You can now link your Xbox account to EDSM.net to log your journeys!

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
As of this post, I am able to sign in...but instead of "console updater" I still have "API Key" listed. Not sure how to fix that...

Yeh that's a PC account think you have to get the author to change it or create a new console account. I couldn't find an option to change it.

I got logged in ok, but it's not showing my materials, data, ranks, etc. Just my credit balance and where I've ben since I logged in, no history. It shows the details of the two ships I've flown since logging in but not the two in storage. Guess I'm just not sure what it's supposed to be showing.

Not sure about credit history, im in the same boat there. also my badges aren't up to date (they seem to be xbox achievements ((at least some anyway)), nor are my ranks or other stats like distance travelled. I managed to populate my fleet by flying around to where my ships were docked and hopping in each one (making sure console updater registered the ship before moving on). Annoying but cool once you've done it. Lucky for me most of the ships were at shinrarta.

Is there a delay on updating? I've registered ok and can see the updater on my phone picking up each station as I dock and change system (all with green ticks to say it's uploaded to EDSM). However EDDB (which I thought shares the same data/is the same thing) hasn't updated.

Is it only EDSM that will show this, or is EDDB expected to update too?

Cheers

Edit: Just checked EDSM as well and that hasn't updated with any of the info I got last night. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Someone knows how to switch the existing account to a console account? I don't have "console updater" in the profile...[where is it]

Yeh that's a PC account think you have to get the author to change it or create a new console account. I couldn't find an option to change it.

Yeah I know it's a PC account but it's weird because I logged in through the frontier credentials so it should know I'm on an Xbox because I click the Xbox logo, right?

Unfortunately, this is not working at all for me, I can't even register.

This is what I try:
1. Click "Register" in the upper right corner.
2. Select the Xbox symbol to choose my platform.
3. Login with Xbox live.
4. I'm sent back to this page, without having a new account:

Yup, same as me. Just keep looping around.

I've tried different browsers just in case, but still no luck.

So disappointing but this doesn't work for me. Like others, after following the link to use Frontier authentication, i logged into xbox live and agreed to allow edsm to acesss my account, but then i just got kicked back to the edsm login screen and back to frontier in an endless loop. I was finally able to create an account just using my frontier email and password, but somehow that's a pc account even though i've never played on PC.

So i deleted that account and guess i'll try again once the bugs are worked out. Maybe the announcement was a little premature?

Edit: sorry, i let my frustration get the better of me. I've been playing on xbox since early in GPP and have been hoping for these kinds of tools for a long, long time. To be so close but yet so far made me see red for a minute, but i know not everyone is having issues, and i'm sure it will all be sorted out soon. o7 cmdrs

Last edited:
Note that if you logged without using the console Auth, we need to remove your token before it can work. I'm currently rewriting that part so you can do it.

Maybe I'm being dumb but am I supposed to be doing this on a browser on the console? I'm still getting zero of what's logged on my edsm account appearing in edsm system data?

I have 2 XBox Elite Dangerous accounts and have successfully joined EDSM with both accounts but cant find a way to swap between them as i cant find a log out from my primary account, help please?

I have 2 XBox Elite Dangerous accounts and have successfully joined EDSM with both accounts but cant find a way to swap between them as i cant find a log out from my primary account, help please?

Under the account menu (Avatar) => Log out?

Also rebranded the connection UI, so it should state the error you got and let you try again, if for example, your logged using the Frontier Account instead of the console account.

Finally we have it on Console.
I was already about to quite ED on XBOX and move to PC because the lack of 3rd party tools support.

I tested it already and it does appear to work most of the time. I have the uploader running on PC in the background.
Sometime however it takes some minutes to update my location, regardles of the 60 secons update ticks.

This is pretty big folks, massive shout out to both EDSM and Frontier who seem to have put the console authentication in place. Hopefully this will allow us to use more third party apps in the future. [up]

https://www.edsm.net

Create an account and select the "console updater" in the profile. You will have to authenticate with your Xbox account. You need to make sure the EDSM account is a console one, if its asking for API key it's been set up as a PC account.

When registering a new account if you don't already have a console account you may be prompted to select a console account and carry out the authentication at that stage. My account was already created.

Really?!?!?!?!? Maybe this update wasn't so pish, after all. This is tremendous news, and seems worthy of far more than a mere 'rep'. Trouble is, that's all I have. So it is yours, for what it is worth.

o7

Can’t get this to link to my account. Keeps telling me ‘user not found’

Any ideas?

As said on Discord, the error User not found, from the Frontier Auth Service, means either you don't have an Elite Account, or you used the wrong xBox account.
Sorry I can't do more, I'm seeing lot of reports from that error, but it's not on EDSM side, and that the only answer I got for that.

Best bet is to open a support ticket on it, or raise a common bug report.

I’ve submitted a ticket, I’ll see what happens. I’ve only one Xbox account linked to it and I’ve been playing elite since Game preview program, so... not sure what’s going on here, lol

Top Bottom