General / Off-Topic You know what sucks?

And I'm bothered when one or both of my eyes go foggy for a bit... They can't fill it in with wax or something? ;)

Sorry, mate. Hope it sorts itself out and you adjust well enough.

Welcome to the one-eyed party! I lost the sight in my dominant eye about 15 years ago (retinal detachment). I can still play with one eye though the other eye is still functional enough to mess with me, so the eye patch can be helpful. My heart aches for VR.
VR should work perfectly fine for you. You will still get the amazing immersion and depth, just no near field stereoscopic effect.

VR should work perfectly fine for you. You will still get the amazing immersion and depth, just no near field stereoscopic effect.
How well does it work for one eyed people with extreme optical prescriptions? My single vison glasses cost $1400. I'd hate to invest and find that I am beyond the adjustment range.

My mother did this to herself a few months ago. She got a dangerous infection too, be careful, sorry to scare you, but look after it.

Welcome to the one-eyed party! I lost the sight in my dominant eye about 15 years ago (retinal detachment). I can still play with one eye though the other eye is still functional enough to mess with me, so the eye patch can be helpful. My heart aches for VR.

PS: My holo-me has a cybernetic implant on the left side. I am jealous of him.
You can save on VR actually. When I close one my eye the image on the screen gains volume for my brain.

It’s apparently going to be with me on and off for (checks notes) “the rest of my life”. So...yay?

Nothing serious thankfully, just damnably inconvenient.
Get someone to lick it for you.
(I'm NOT volunteering).

My dodgy left eye means I've not been able to see in 3D properly since I was born, so feel your one eyed pain.
Perhaps we need to invent an oculus rift telescope ;)

My mother did this to herself a few months ago. She got a dangerous infection too, be careful, sorry to scare you, but look after it.
I went to the docs first ("why didn't you go to your opticians?" "er...") and they gave me a bottle of broad-spectrum anti-biotic eye drops. Fun fact - you know you've applied them properly, because ten minutes after you have you can taste them. They....do not taste great...

Get someone to lick it for you.
(I'm NOT volunteering).

My dodgy left eye means I've not been able to see in 3D properly since I was born, so feel your one eyed pain.
Perhaps we need to invent an oculus rift telescope ;)
I have two cocker spaniels, although I'm not 100% convinced this is hygienic :)

Give it two weeks, you should be seeing some improvement. (y)

Also, your brain will start making adjustments perception wise.
Oh, everything's fine in that regard. There's some vision adjustment going on due to the inflammation (think a really nasty case of eye-strain) but it'll heal. I'm more put out that I'm on holiday and can't game effectively.

Holiday injuries really are a double injustice. I booked leave for last week to visit my sister (in Scotland as it happens). Pulled my back and developed excrutiating sciatica the weekend before so I spent last week's leave barely able to crawl between bed and toilet, let alone drive north.

Missed the midgies I suppose.

Top Bottom