Newcomer / Intro You know you're playing too much Elite Dangerous when...

When looking up at the night sky, you say to yourself. " I've been there, and there, and I've been there too. "
A couple years ago I bought a bluetooth telescope with a go-to app on a phone and spent several nights playing the game and then going outside and looking for places where I've been. The telescope was crap and I sold it few months later but it was fun while it lasted.
Been planning to buy a proper one ever since. :)

OMG, @Chris Simon
You're killing me here...lmao Can't type when I'm laughing so hard. Never thought of that but now I have to try it.
One good thing about playing one game and only one for 7 years is I might have saved enough money to mount a scope on top of my house and then sell the data back to Frontier.....LOLOL
Then maybe I can pay this damn house off...o7

OMG, @Chris Simon
You're killing me here...lmao Can't type when I'm laughing so hard. Never thought of that but now I have to try it.
One good thing about playing one game and only one for 7 years is I might have saved enough money to mount a scope on top of my house and then sell the data back to Frontier.....LOLOL
Then maybe I can pay this damn house off...o7
The funny thing is - telescopes aren't THAT expensive. I could get a really decent one ("amateur" grade but with great optics) for less than what my graphics card had cost me.
But while I somehow managed to justify buying a GPU, I have problems justifying a telescope. The problem is somewhere between my ears. :LOL:

The funny thing is - telescopes aren't THAT expensive. I could get a really decent one ("amateur" grade but with great optics) for less than what my graphics card had cost me.
But while I somehow managed to justify buying a GPU, I have problems justifying a telescope. The problem is somewhere between my ears. :LOL:
You generally don’t see the graphics card just what it does when working, which is most of the time. A telescope along with its mount and tripod is a substantial bit of kit which is just sat there doing nothing most of the time, even if you get an adapter to turn the image right side up it isn’t very useful during daylight.

Given the price of GPU's today, that telescope could really be something! :D

I got a 4" Cassegrain-Scmidt with a Go-To mount a few years ago and it's been cloudy ever since!

When you go to mow the law and think “an abrasion blaster would have this done already.”
Reminds me of what happened a couple of months ago, a neighbour further down my road tried using a weed burner, in the process they managed to set fire to some dried leaves which in turn set fire to a garden shed and a couple of fences, there was also fire damage to window frames on 2 houses.

Top Bottom