Your Character Is Not A Grizzled, Hard-Up Miner: They Are Filthy Rich (SHOCKING)

i'm expecting in the next update, after each transaction, the amount of credits will briefly flash in comical font and bright colors, followed by lots of exclamation marks, and occasionally accompained by "critical!".

you have to go with the times.

i'm expecting in the next update, after each transaction, the amount of credits will briefly flash in comical font and bright colors, followed by lots of exclamation marks, and occasionally accompained by "critical!".

You don't have to, but yeah... kind of par for the course these days, unfortunately. 🧐

I have not played the game in over 60 days, just cant really get back into it since there is really nothing to do. Jump here, shoot this, shoot that, blah blah the game is boring as my last wife. Cant hire a crew and have them fly one of your ships, cant send them on a cargo haul all the same old crap and never nothing great.

Huh? "there is nothing to do" and the game is "boring" because you can't do less? That's an... interesting perspective. :unsure:

Everyone's balance will have 3 zeros added to the end, as will all rewards. Ship costs will be reduced as much to ensure everyone can afford their own private coriolis station ready for space legs.

Getting up early to mine again.
My billion dollar Imperial Cutter needs a new paint job. And how can I find the time to max engineer my A graded FDL and Mamba.
Just a working man / King of the Empire.
Struggling to get by.
Just another day in the black.

This is my general takeaway from this thread so far...

EtPYfct.jpg

It's been a bit of fun at any rate, but I'm still not sure what the OP is hoping to accomplish. :unsure:

It is nice to hear that money can be made from mining now. That doesn't apply to the Errant Marshes, however. We don't use money anymore here. Instead, we seek to better ourselves...

:D S

Why is everyone so obsessed with being grizzled and poor?
Have you seen the interiors of 2/3 of the ships we own? Wires falling out of the ceiling, worn upholstery, no crew, cats in the ventilation, duck tape holding everything together, buggy and slow computer systems... I'm grizzled and poor IRL, yet none of my used cars have looked this bad since I was a teenager!

Now if you're an Imp, well then I guess you're rich, though you still are all along on a huge ship without a crew.

"I'm a humble belt miner. Life on the frontier is tough but somebody's gotta do it"
"Uh this says that you're a literal king, and an admiral."
"Oh, yeah. That. I wanted to buy a warship or two or three"

"I'm a humble belt miner. Life on the frontier is tough but somebody's gotta do it"
"Uh this says that you're a literal king, and an admiral."
"Oh, yeah. That. I wanted to buy a warship or two or three"
Yeah mining, it's nothing like the hard graft my grandparents used to do:

They only had Sidewinders and nobody had heard of Void Opals.

We project these holovision avatars of ourselves to disguise the fact that years of dissipation and high g manoeuvres have left us as wired up protoplasmic blobs floating in total life support tanks our colossal egos reuse to allow us to admit this of course.

The limited capability of the hollow projectors outside prepared environments is of course why we no longer walk anywhere, though there are rumours that on Raxxla they have roughly conical mobile life support units known as Digitally Augmented Lifeform Invalid Kinetic Shelters.

Last edited:
A while back, using the value of precious metals as metrics, I was looking at the average income for a person and came to the conclusion that in order to have a wealthy and comfortable lifestyle an average high-pop planet would have to work only a few hours a century. That's not a few hours per person, that's the entire planet of billions living comfortably for an entire century because a single person went out in a Cobra for a day's work mining void opals. We are only billionaires because we decide to work for more than 20 seconds a decade.

I don't think money works that way

Top Bottom