your first death in ED

Minonian

Banned
Anyone remember it? I think there can be some good stories.

Mine was happened in a outpost. Reason? Boredom (the line was too long) with a remember meeee yell. Method? Shields off ram into it.
When a player bored he tends to be get "creative". :D

My first Hyperjump. Flew straight into the star. Didn't know about setting zero throttle. Died of heat.

Went out without a fuel scoop, ended up stranded. Didn't even know there was a self destruct, disabled the life support unit I ran out of oxygen. :rolleyes:

One of the first jumps I did a USS popped up, targeted it to see what it was. Got the message I was safe to disengage, dropped into whatever it was, hey look canisters just floating in space I wonder if I can target them?

Yeah I can, oh wow it's Gold this is amazing, I'm sure there's a cargo scoop button, I'll just go into options and find out what it is. Found the key, exited the options screen to see my sidewinder exploding surrounded by pirates! [noob]

That godamn boost button.

..that is quite close to the gear button on the x-box controller, right?[big grin]
I found out yesterday while I tried to help a friend with his Xbox version and boosted a couple of times in a station but just wanted to gear down...

I had my first death with my just bought t9 butthole of cargo but therefore very little rebuy...to be true...no rebuy at all...and failed at a thing I did thousands of times before but this time my cat (still alive) jumped on the keyboard and BOOST![woah]

Kept it straight and simple if I remember correctly.

Did the basics to get an Eagle.

Fitted Eagle with single beam and two missile racks (in hindsight I could have experimented both better or worse to start out - just lucky I had nothing else serious trying to use my power plant eh?)

Took on a few ships in a row and was promptly dispatched when I took a wing of 2 on. Couldn't juggle the new distributor enough to give me any speed to get away, and rudimentary attempts to use FA Off to make me more slippery actually made me look like a high-siding motorcyclist in space.

One of the first jumps I did a USS popped up, targeted it to see what it was. Got the message I was safe to disengage, dropped into whatever it was, hey look canisters just floating in space I wonder if I can target them?

Yeah I can, oh wow it's Gold this is amazing, I'm sure there's a cargo scoop button, I'll just go into options and find out what it is. Found the key, exited the options screen to see my sidewinder exploding surrounded by pirates! [noob]

I don't really remember the first one.......but I sure as H** remember this one at some point! I'm sure there were 30 pirates all pummelling my AspX as my longevity was measured in seconds. I swore never again to be tempted by greed and the multiple Gold canisters out there! :)

I don't remember my 1st death but i do remember my 1st death to a player. I was in the Nanomam system and it was under a "blockade" by the imperial 13th legion. I thought i was Mr Bad flying my vulture. Got interdicted by a asp and a cobra and my wingmate and myself got shredded to bits. I was very humbled by a modified ship and now I don't underestimate the firepower of a small ship. I actually became good friends with the CMDR who killed me and he and I fly together now at CG's and Fight "gankers". Every second of time we take from the hostiles in open allows a trader to get through.

Accidentally dropped into Orbital Cruse too far from a planetary station. Maxed the throttle to run the 4 min ETA faster and couldn't slow down. Smashed clean into the side of the station.

Lost half a million worth of mission inventory. Oh Well. Lesson Learned.

Mine was at the end of Gamma. Bless my Adder who tried taking on two Cobras in a Res site. I got mauled and could not get out due to being mass locked. Then i died again doing the exact same thing 20 minutes later....

Exactly how the best of combat pilots start their career :D

"Ouch, that hurt..."

tumblr_m6fadjLGn11qa7lf2o4_250.gif

Went out without a fuel scoop, ended up stranded. Didn't even know there was a self destruct, disabled the life support unit I ran out of oxygen. :rolleyes:
Same with me though I found out how to self-destruct X)

But I was embarrassed anyway because I should have known better after playing elite for years in the 90s ;'-(

I don't really remember the first one.......but I sure as H** remember this one at some point! I'm sure there were 30 pirates all pummelling my AspX as my longevity was measured in seconds. I swore never again to be tempted by greed and the multiple Gold canisters out there! :)

I was so new to the game I didn't even realise going into options doesn't stop play! Still the Sidewinder rebuy was peanuts anyway.

First time an FDL was involved, I was still on my sidewinder and well I got cocky and ended up looking at a rebuy screen, I died a lot on that thing.

There was also this time in which my FSD got destroyed on the HAZ RES and I didn't knew about Reboot/Repair so I self destructed :D

Good times

Top Bottom