Your "For the MUG!" stories :)

That cmdr is a fake mug I'm sorry to say. Real Hutton mugs can only be earned not purchased.
But it is still a nice mug, until you earn a real one.
Here's a real one, just for you.
CjcWeo8.jpg

I first heard of Hutton when the Community Goal was created to deliver scrap (as the station ident on Hutton Orbital Radio says, 'the important thing to remember about Hutton is, it's scrap"), to a place 90 minutes away, with nothing to do on the journey, and to sell for a loss, then jump out and do it all over again. "Sounds stupid", I thought. "I'll do it". So a few days of my life were spent doing that, watching the total rising, going up through the ranks. When "The Code" started blockading it was even more fun, especially as i was in an unshielded type-6. We "won", if that's the right word, and the home of the Hutton Mug was definitely on the map - in one of those small inserted maps that's used for somewhere a long way off of the main map, but still on the map. Since then, Hutton has gone on to form a solid, helpful community, raising spirits, toasts, and money for charity. I'm proud to be part of it.

As I left the Mug beacon (can't land a Beluga on Hutton) I saw a star very close by, but I suppose there is not way to jump to this star directly.

As I left the Mug beacon (can't land a Beluga on Hutton) I saw a star very close by, but I suppose there is not way to jump to this star directly.

Proxima Centauri which is part of the same star system as Alpha and Beta Centauri unfortunately the star drive available to us can only arrive in one region of space for any star system.

First time I tried to go to Hutton was in my Sidewinder somewhere past halfway there I had to jump out as I realised that I didn’t have enough fuel for the trip, I hadn’t topped up my tanks when I jumped in.
When I did finally arrive there I made the mistake of looking at the bill for repairs to wear and tear, I was really glad I only had a cheap ship as back then it seemed a lot of money.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
First time I tried to go to Hutton was in my Sidewinder somewhere past halfway there I had to jump out as I realised that I didn’t have enough fuel for the trip, I hadn’t topped up my tanks when I jumped in.
At least you didn't run out of fuel - you wouldn't have been the first and probably not the last if you had. I've been involved in a few rescues on the Hutton run. :)

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
I also first started my visits to Hutton Orbital during the CG to create the Hutton Mug, and would make the trip several times a day during the week. Sometimes I'd point my ship at Hutton before going for a walk to town and back, arriving home with a few minutes to spare before dropping out at Hutton Orbital. I really enjoyed that CG and have been a Hutton Trucker since then.

Once the mugs were in game we had an event to take them to various stations around the bubble as well as to a nebula and Sagittarius A*! I hadn't planned on going that far at the time but with a Hutton patch up for grabs if I could complete all the mug drop points before the end of the year (with screenshot evidence!), I set off in my Cobra Mk III.... no engineering then, no AFMU (didn't know they existed), not even any heatsinks for the occasional sun-crash - but I got there! On the return trip I started getting FSD failures but eventually managed to limp home. All For The Mug! (and especially the patch!)
RYRNXkv.jpg

Delivered over vast distances by those in search of a profit, the Hutton Mug, is only sold to Commanders who make the painfully long journey to Hutton Orbital. Made from the salvaged frame shift drive plates of ships that ran out of fuel before reaching the station, this is purely a vanity item commemorating the epic journey. Its value lies in its rarity and latent frame shift energies keeping your drink that little bit warmer for the journey.

o7...
I ended up going per a mission, had no idea what it was or why it was taking so long - funny now wasn't then.

Top Bottom