YOUR name in Elite! Tourist Beacon competition

Greetings Commanders,

Explorers venture into the depths of space and discover beautiful systems that most will never see. We would like to offer you the opportunity to share your best discoveries and be immortalised in Elite Dangerous.

Our plan is to place approximately 50 additional Tourist Beacons throughout the Milky Way. Therefore, we’re running this competition in-line with this week’s exploration-based Community Goal.

To enter, reply to this post with an in-system (not System Map) screenshot of the most interesting unpopulated systems containing an Earth-like world you can find! When the Community Goal ends on 30 September, we’ll choose our favourites and add Tourist Beacons to those locations. Each beacon will feature the entrant’s Commander name in its text!

To qualify, submissions must:
  • Feature a screenshot of an unpopulated system in Elite Dangerous which contains an Earth-like world
  • Include your in-game Commander name
  • Include the name of the screenshotted system
Note: Only one submission will be accepted per player. If you submit multiple screenshots, the last one will be considered your only valid entry. Entries after 14:00 BST on 30 September will not be counted. We reserve the right not to include any Commander names in Tourist Beacon text that we deem inappropriate.

While the system must contain an Earth-like world, it doesn’t have to be the focus of the image. Try to show off as many features as you can which make the system interesting and a strong potential tourist destination!

All winning entries will receive 5,000 ARX in addition to the Tourist Beacon, so get exploring!

Good luck

O7
and here i was thinking i was done with my i-eagle. lumione here we go again!

Jongoi TN-K d8-0(3)_2021-07-31_07-31-09.png

Jongoi TN-K d8-0, Body 3.

An Earthlike literally in the middle of nowhere.

Found it during one of my frequent insomnia attacks while manual plotting between the spiral arms in Kepler's Crest on the 31st July this year, however, for some reason the system map in game does not show this for me now. It opened the system map which it wouldn't if I hadn't been there but it only shows the star saying "unexplored". Have not tried in Horizons and it was discovered in Odyssey so possibly Odyssey update related?

EDSM does have a record of it - https://www.edsm.net/en_GB/system/id/67843916/name/Jongoi+TN-K+d8-0.

My second account found it but I would be happy if it was named after my main commander Phill P since my alt is, in my head, just an extension of him anyway.

I nicknamed it Insomniac's Retreat.

Journal entry as evidence since the game seems to have messed up;

{ "timestamp":"2021-07-31T07:19:37Z", "event":"Scan", "ScanType":"Detailed", "BodyName":"Jongoi TN-K d8-0 3", "BodyID":4, "Parents":[ {"Star":0} ], "StarSystem":"Jongoi TN-K d8-0", "SystemAddress":12574557643, "DistanceFromArrivalLS":891.496717, "TidalLock":false, "TerraformState":"", "PlanetClass":"Earthlike body", "Atmosphere":"", "AtmosphereType":"EarthLike", "AtmosphereComposition":[ { "Name":"Nitrogen", "Percent":83.068047 }, { "Name":"Oxygen", "Percent":16.490942 }, { "Name":"Water", "Percent":0.421875 } ], "Volcanism":"", "MassEM":0.367542, "Radius":4467624.000000, "SurfaceGravity":7.339439, "SurfaceTemperature":280.645691, "SurfacePressure":95854.500000, "Landable":false, "Composition":{ "Ice":0.000000, "Rock":0.656774, "Metal":0.343227 }, "SemiMajorAxis":267247241735.458374, "Eccentricity":0.000280, "OrbitalInclination":0.015244, "Periapsis":201.316083, "OrbitalPeriod":73775005.936623, "RotationPeriod":56025.326093, "AxialTilt":2.779947, "WasDiscovered":false, "WasMapped":false }

Commander Larington
PLIO EURL NK-D C26-14
Planet 2 is an earthlike, with a terraformable water world spinning together through space 1,761 LY from Sol.
PLIO EURL NK-D C26-14.jpg

Void Opals were found in the ring of the 9th planet.

Additionally there is a second Earthlike just 26 LY away, in system PLIO EURL GS-B D13-64 (Though this isn't the one I'm submitting, it's close enough to warrant its own mention).

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Explorers venture into the depths of space and discover beautiful systems that most will never see. We would like to offer you the opportunity to share your best discoveries and be immortalised in Elite Dangerous.

Our plan is to place approximately 50 additional Tourist Beacons throughout the Milky Way. Therefore, we’re running this competition in-line with this week’s exploration-based Community Goal.

To enter, reply to this post with an in-system (not System Map) screenshot of the most interesting unpopulated systems containing an Earth-like world you can find! When the Community Goal ends on 30 September, we’ll choose our favourites and add Tourist Beacons to those locations. Each beacon will feature the entrant’s Commander name in its text!

• Feature a screenshot of an unpopulated system in Elite Dangerous which contains an Earth-like world
Note: Only one submission will be accepted per player. If you submit multiple screenshots, the last one will be considered your only valid entry. Entries after 14:00 BST on 30 September will not be counted. We reserve the right not to include any Commander names in Tourist Beacon text that we deem inappropriate.

While the system must contain an Earth-like world, it doesn’t have to be the focus of the image. Try to show off as many features as you can which make the system interesting and a strong potential tourist destination!

All winning entries will receive 5,000 ARX in addition to the Tourist Beacon, so get exploring!

Good luck

O7

Greetings Commanders,

Good luck

O7
CMDR Kitty_Kozlov

EESHOVVY CC-B D14-2566

I found this on my way back from my first trip to Sag A. I took a detour to try and find an undiscovered ELW, I had no idea ringed ELW even existed so it was such a delight to find this on a random side trip.

Attachments

• My first ringed earth like.jpg
    My first ringed earth like.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 93
CMDR: GeckoNova1021

System: Pyroifeia KE-E D13-35 (Aselou)

A system in Hawkings Gap that contains 2 ELW Moons (One Ringed), 2 Terraformable WW Moons, & 1 Ringed Gas Giant with Water Based Life Moon. Conditions on these worlds wouldn’t be too different than Earth because of the high gravity and G-class parent star. Also, 2 large HMC shepherd moons orbit one of the gas giants further out in the system, one of them being able to be landed on for Odyssey Players. The last major planet to note is the large Ammonia world orbiting the last gas giant in the system. The system was originally discovered by CMDR Chilly-Solids.

E3EF391A-8AF1-4AC0-AB8C-85E165A1AB66.png
5D4F1F98-C0FF-4FFD-BB94-3F72E59FE644.png

Last edited:

Commander name: Jonfox

System: Fedgeae VZ-W d2-3

Description:​

The particularity of Fedgeae VZ-W d2-3 3 comes from the fact that the now famous biologist Dr. Jonfox would have discovered a species very similar to terrestrial primates, physically speaking. However, they would be covered with a layer of semi-rigid agglomerated hair reminiscent of the carapace of the extinct* Pangolins in the year 2022.

This species having already passed several stages of evolution would have already acquired a certain form of intelligence. This would be proven by their ability to build real troglodyte "houses" with a certain organization within their community. Until now, we could think of the ants of the Earth and therefore find this banal, but recently a team of independent researchers specializing in the formation of planetary rings have discovered that the disk of matter surrounding this planet was only 1000 years old following the disintegration of a satellite of the planet. This catastrophic event, leading to the fall of countless meteorites, forced the species in question to leave the trees whose morphology was adapted to join the underground.

With this information, the biologist specifies that only a species endowed with a strong cognitive and organizational faculty can hope to adapt so quickly to a life arboreal to a life cavernicole.

*or exterminated for forgotten reasons, according to some printed manuscripts from Earth.

Editor's Note: I already have the POI lore planned... gift 😊

Sorry for my english, I'm swiss french boy

Fedgeae VZ-W d2-3 3.jpg

Last edited:
CMDR: Suzie

System: Throets DA-Y D1-20

Description: System contains a primary F class hosting multiple Gas Giants, with a Ringed ELW containing Two moons

Attachments

• 20210923162059_1.jpg
    20210923162059_1.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Elite Dangerous Super-Resolution 2021.06.29 - 15.17.55.44.png
    Elite Dangerous Super-Resolution 2021.06.29 - 15.17.55.44.png
    374.4 KB · Views: 81
The Jewels of HIP 70194

• System: HIP 70194
  • Submitted by: CMDR Zulu Romeo

Description:

A busy system of 36 bodies (6 of them with rings) with a large Class A star at its centre, the prize jewel of the system is beautiful 7 F, a ringed Earth-like world adorned with a collection of flavum metallic crystals in tow, and with spectacular night sky views of its parent ringed brown dwarf. While you're there, stop by the Mars-like world 9 G teeming with its own collection of biological life, together with its unique moonmoon 9 G A, one of several geologically active worlds here.

HighResScreenShot_2021-09-23_22-22-57.jpg

I would like to present for your consideration Floasly OZ-D d13-58 1.

It may not appear to be notable from it's screenshot, just a ringed ELW;

Y0d0708.jpg

But then you look at the system map are realise how unique it is;

h1o1Rrv.png

A ringed earthlike world the only body orbiting a neutron star. I haven't heard of any others, I am sure there are people who can tell us if there are any others, it's very rare!

CMDR Sidewinder40
System: Sleguae HH-C d67

This Elysian Shore destination contains the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything, with 42 bodies. An Earth-Like World ringed with Metal Rich and Rocky rings, in a binary dance with a ringed blue gas giant, among a Lucky 7 ringed planets, orbiting a large A blue-white star. The secondary F white star also claims a Water World and 2 Terraformable High Metal Content Worlds. There is also an awesome side-view of Barnard's Loop (see bottom left of picture), and only 2.5KLy from the Heart and Soul, and NGC 7822 nebulae. For the Exobiologist there are 12 bio-signals from 3 planets.

bQ5dXC0.jpg

Binary Earth-Like worlds with 2 water worlds located near colonia region. "Eoch Pruae JS-R d5-2055", as i like to call them "Imperator and Imperatrix". The amount of stars on nightsky is enourmos. The views on other earth would be astonishing (if we could land ofc)
unknown.png

Commander: mMONTAGEe

Last edited:
Plio Aihm LM-D d12-195 6 my precious ))
Discovered by cmd Hawk fb Groupft
Also in the system you can see, visit and dig some ringed gas giants and some ringed brown dwarfs - there are many valuable minerals!
MyEarth7Ring.jpg

Name of the system: Drojaea PB-X c1-0
Nickname of System: The Cookie Box
In-game Commander name: CMDR Girlscout88

Come on down to the system I affectionately call "The Cookie Box" Discovered by CMDR Girlscout88, it's where I like to hang out.
Take a moment to admire the galactic plane from this system that is below the great disc.

359320_20210924150625_1-min.png

Information:
A few points of reference:
The system is 2131LY from the Lagoon nebula which is really one of the first steps to heading to colonia via the small stations seeded along the highway and it is a popular stop on the way to SAG A, 2876LY from the Musca Dark Region and
2717LY from the Pipe and Stem Nebula.

According to EDSM this system is a GREEN system ensuring you can collect materials for FSD injections to further your exploration.
Several of the worlds are landable and they have methane based atmospheres which make for great pictures.

Planet A 6 is a lovely world with Icy rings and 0.85G so it is a great place to drive around and find materials.

Planet A 5 A has deep straight canyons with slight bends great for racing!

Fly to planet B 8 C and Head on down to:
LAT 1.7833
LONG 154.3062
To take a photo of Dinosaur Head rock

Or head to planet B 8 E and check out our lovely crystaline based Fonticulua Digitos Emerald.

There is a range of gravity on the landable worlds from 0.03G to 1.5G
The ELW is has an earth mass of 1.5234 so plenty of room to roam around. The atmosphere is 71.9% nitrogen, 25.5% oxygen and 2.4% water. A gravity of 1.3g and a surface pressure of 0.68 ATMO.

This ELW was discovered very recently orbiting two K type stars not far from the bubble. The system has one Earth Like world, a ringed landable, 7 High metal contents, 6 class 1 gas Giants, 5 biological sites and 26 Icy bodies
of all different sizes. It is a great place for scenic screen shots and a good way for new explorers to dip their toes into the black.

Come fly with us today and put your ASP in front of things CMDRs!

Last edited:

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
REMINDER: We don't need a screenshot of the system map, just an image in-game of the system to show off how it looks! The image DOESN'T need to focus on the ELW (if it does, it might look very similar to other entries). Use the opportunity to show off why the whole system is worthy of being a tourist destination!

I humbly submit this gorgeous double-lagrange ELW system just outside of the stunning Veil Nebula. There are a number of attractions here, including croceum and rubicundum Lagrange clouds, various geometric mineral and bacterial anomalies for scientific study and casual viewing alike, and a number of terraformable high-metal content worlds. I regret that I can only submit one image of this system (seems like a bit of an oversight to me 😄), but this is my personal favorite.

System: Veil West Sector GW-W c1-7
CMDR: Ivy Augustine Hall

upload.jpg

System: PUELOE YW-A D14-448
Planet: A 5 A
This system has three planets suitable for terraforming, multiple High metal content planets, one Earth like world, gas giants and ice and rock planets.
I nicknamed it Midway, although it is a little bit more than halfway between the bubble and Sagittarius A

edit:
Commander name is the same as my profile here, also the entire system was first discovered by me
Screenshot_20210924-035743_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-035743_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-035743_Samsung Internet.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Top Bottom