Your reaction to the 2.4 Commander Chronicles Video

Rookie mistake. Instead of firing until only bits and pieces are left, they stopped and gawked.

What are the chances Thargoids ignore shields and hull tanking is the only viable choice?

See, I've been out in the black this whole time, so I really hope they won't be immediately hostile to all humans. I do want that countermeasure though, so I can flash messages at them with my headlights.

I hope it goes better than last time.

[video=youtube;eVBso8PlNzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBso8PlNzo[/video]

Yeah I must admit the "wait" when it started healing wasn't the brightest move. Was this just some of Hudson's finest, or an Aegis task force? Either way, a top 1% Cobra 3 would have fared better.

My reaction was three fold.

Stage 1: :) Oh cool, another clip.
Stage 2: :D We need talking, and a lot more cinematic shorts in the game.
Stage 3: :mad: 26TH OF SEPTEMBER?!?!? WHY THE DAY AFTER I FINISH MY LONG WEEKEND?!

:p

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
My reaction to a cutscene is always: "Looks nice, but what will the gameplay be like".

But anyway the potential gameplay stuff I noticed;
• The anti-shutdown countermeasure looks like it's on a utility slot
• Thargoid have health regeneration - maybe they regen too fast for one player to kill them off

scrappy-doo-lemme-at-em.jpg

Deleted member 115407

D
I'm excited.

I don't expect radical changes to the game overnight, but from the sounds of it they are moving out of the base stage and into the enhancement stage.

Looking forward to getting massacred by Thargoids and coming to the forum to rage quit.

Looks like every ship just got one mandatory utility slot for EMP Countermeasures. Definitely not so worried about my exploration AspX since it can already outrun missiles and SLFs.

Imperials know what needs to be done. :)

37087786321_19237dcb34_b.jpg

The thing that initially drew me to Elite was its attention to detail and its willingness to build play systems which emerge from the implications of the lore and worldbuilding, rather than "me-too" features imitating something else. This hasn't been Elite's MO for a while, but it still makes me a little bit sad every time I see further confirmation that this is the path the game is going to be taking from now on.

• Hair hangs down as if in gravity. :(
• 5 Ships working together in one instance. Not realistic - or maybe I should get my hopes up?
• Multicrew ships working together in a wing. Not realistic - or maybe I should get my hopes up?
• New modules are the same as the old modules except 'anti-Thargoid version.' Ship loadouts for Thargoid hunting will likely be mutually exclusive to loadouts for human killing. Either that or new modules will do double-duty and supersede all existing modules.
• 2.4 appears to be starting immediately with "hey guys here's the new enemies and here are the new weapons to kill them with." Meanwhile most players have no idea what Thargoids are and have never encountered them. Given that the season is supposed to be spread across multiple updates, it would be nice to have some kind of initial encounters to establish their presence in the game-world and establish the kind of threat they represent, rather than just plonking them into the game along with new silver weapons in the weapon shop for killing the new werewolves, or whatever.
• Knockoff Hans Zimmer style music.
• We could have had Contact or Arrival or Close Encounters, instead we're getting Independence Day. OK cool. I'm in. I've already done this a LOT before; but sure fine it's fun to shoot flying saucers with missiles and it probably always will be, so let's get to it.

The trailer was all pew-pew. I don't do pew-pew.

In other news, Divinity OS2 is now sitting comfortably on my hard drive... I know what I'll be doing for the next few weekends. Stay hydrated my friends.

My take?

If you are going to fight Thargoids, don't wait and see if they like it...

The trailer was all pew-pew. I don't do pew-pew.

In other news, Divinity OS2 is now sitting comfortably on my hard drive... I know what I'll be doing for the next few weekends. Stay hydrated my friends.

You could always go to the forum dedicated to that...and yet...[yesnod]

Top Bottom