Your wishlist (SUGGESTIONS) for Jurassic World Evolution

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Suggestion

hello or good evening to the team of Jurassic World Evolution

I have some suggestion for you.

1) I would like the day / night cycle
Especially at night or dinosaurs would be more likely to escape their enclosure.
2) I would like dinosaurs to reproduce like in movies.
3) adding the aquatic and flying world
4) Added power to move the buildings to be able to rework everything and not destroy what we built before.
5) adding light for the park
6) Adding a combat island where you can fight your dinosaurs against another player based on genetic modifications.
7) Why the Spinosaurus is carnivorous while it is piscivorous and that it eats the onchopristis thus being able to build a river to be able to put the onchopristis in the water and that it is made to eat by the spinosaurus.
8) Added the iguanodon or compsognathus because it can make another site of search especially that there are not many in Europe

it's to all that I think for the moment

thank you in advance for your reading

First off, I am glad to see improvements but I am surprised that such a requested feature seems barely an afterthought, in the carnivore hunting behavior.

Even though the non-stop murdering has been improved, they still need only a small amount missing from the food bar, and not even actually hungry, and they will beeline to the nearest herbivore and kill it. I was hoping this would be perhaps as much as food bar in the red before they do this.

First off, I am glad to see improvements but I am surprised that such a requested feature seems barely an afterthought, in the carnivore hunting behavior.

Even though the non-stop murdering has been improved, they still need only a small amount missing from the food bar, and not even actually hungry, and they will beeline to the nearest herbivore and kill it. I was hoping this would be perhaps as much as food bar in the red before they do this.

I agree. The carnivores should hunt and kill their prey only when their huger meter reach critical (almost all the way to the end of the red)

My Whishlist

Well, I only recently joined the Forum and because there are more than 170 pages already in this thread, I won't read everything that came before, so sorry for things that I write and already came up. Also sorry, if I make writing errors, because english is not my first language. Nevertheless it is a good practise and only like this everyone can (probably) understand me. Whatever, let's start with my wishlist:

1. tiny dinosaurs and critters:
The only dinosaur that has been seen alive in the movies and is not currently included in the game is Compsognathus. I understand why it was not included in launch, but I would like to see it in a DLC that focuses on smaller dinosaurs. Other contenders for this would be Microceratus, the only dinosaur from the Jurassic World website that has not been included yet, Othnielia from the original book and Microraptor (just because it is awesome)
Of course these dinosaurs can't work like the others, because they would skyrocket the population bars, but my idea would be that they get created in stacks of five and don't produce population points. They also have no need for feeding stations, because they can scavenge whatever vermins and plants they find. They basically would just be critters that roam the exhibits or maybe even the roads and visitor centers (this second option will of course only be recommendable for herbivorous critters). It also would be great, if some of them like the Microraptor could climb on trees and watch the other creatures below, maybe even glide down or something like that.
I just think this would ad a lot more flavour to the park :)

2. flying reptiles:
Pretty self explanatory. The flying reptiles like Pteranodon and Dimorphodon have appeared in every Jurassic movie except the first one. To be able to build aviaries filled with pterosaurs, possibly ranging up to the mighty Quetzalcoatlus, and bird like dinosaurs like Archaeopteryx would be awesome. But I somehow suspect that you already planned this. :p I just hope that we will get a little bit of freedom when building an aviary dome. There could be a set of multiple different sized and shaped domes to choose from. Connecting them would be great too. The land dwelling creatures in the game could roam the floor of these exhibits as well.

3. marine reptiles:
This is a very similar thing to the previous idea. With the Mosasaurs recent appearances in Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom the marine reptiles are as worthy to get their own DLC as the flying reptiles. Yes, water enclosures are a little bit harder to integrate but I think fortified ponds or sealed ocean bay areas surrounding the island are possible. A small group of for example Mosasaurus, Ichthyosaurus, Liopleurodon, Plesiosaurus and Nothosaurus would represent the variety of marine reptiles quite well.

4. feathered dinosaurs:
In the last decades a lot of beautyful feathered dinosaurs have been discovered and many previously known dinosaurs have also been found with feathers. The Jurassic franchise however has in the past kind of shied away from this, because, completley understandable, nobody wanted to ruin the classic dinosaur looks that the previous films had established for this universe. But I think the solution for Jurassic World Evolution is quite simple: just ad a feathered skins to some dinosaurs that can be unlocked at 100% genome. These dinosaurs would be Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Stuthiomimus, Gallimimus and Archaeornithomimus. If you want, you could make one for T-Rex as well, even though we have not proven by now that it actually had feathers. Some other dinosaurs like the ceratopsians and pachycephalosauroids might also had some feathers on the tails, but that might go to far :p However I would be really happy about a DLC that adds some feathered skins to existing dinosaurs and ads some new completly featherd ones, like Yutyrannus (the smaller feathery cousin of T-Rex) Therizinosaurus, Gigantoraptor, Oviraptor and Mononykus.

5. baby dinosaurs:
I think about a new section in the gentetic engineering tab where the sex of the dinosaurs can be changed or frog DNA can be inserted causing them to switch every now and then. However this is handeld I wan't that it is possible to create male dinosaurs that cause the creatures to mate and nest. I just wan't cute baby dinosaurs [yesnod]

6. Spinosaurus and Dilophosaurus:
I know this will almost defenitly not happen, but I think it would be good, if the Spinosaurus and Dilophosaurus where more like their real counterparts. I mean that Spinosaurus would be on all fours most of the time and eat fish and Dilophosaurus would be increased in size, had no frill and no poison spit. But I don't think this means that the classic versions of them should disappear. Instead I would make them additional hybrids: the Jurassic Park 3 Spinosaurus being the product of Spinosaurus and Allosaurus and the Jurassic Park 1 Dilophosaurus available with 50% Dilophosaurus genome and the "stronger healing 2.0" (lizard DNA) research perk.

7. dinosaurs I just would like to see added at some point:
- Amargasaurus
- Argentinosaurus
- Camptosaurus
- Compsognathus (critter DLC ?)
- Concavenator
- Gigantoraptor
- Herrerasaurus
- Hypsilophodon (critter DLC ?)
- Microceratus (critter DLC ?)
- Microraptor (critter DLC ?)
- Mononykus (critter DLC ?)
- Othnielia (critter DLC ?)
- Oviraptor (critter DLC ?)
- Plateosaurus
- Pegomastax (critter DLC ?)
- Proceratosaurus
- Psittacosaurus (critter DLC ?)
- Saltasaurus
- Shunosaurus
- Scutellosaurus (critter DLC ?)
- Therizinosaurus

SUGGESTIONS

- the possibility to completely hide the User Interface (not all of us own an Nvidia graphics card that allow us to use Ansel for achieving this)

- the possibility to stop time while in Sandbox (so we can take awesome screenshots... also, same as above; not all of us have Ansel support)

- an increased sensitivity while on "guest view" (also, zooming sensitivity is too low)

- more terraforming tools/options/features

- a way to prevent the clipping/ghosting bugs from happening! They kinda break the immersion

- the possibility to move animals from one island to another (if not already possible)

- resting and/or sleeping behavior for animals

- herding behavior for certain animals like Velociraptor or Dilophosaurus

- a fully-unlocked, free-to-do-anything Sandbox mode

- a fix for the Giganotosaurus shrinking itself and then growing in size while on fight animations (this happens when the Giga is about to die)

- the possibility to toggle animal aggression on/off while in Sandbox mode

Last edited:
Okay, so...Thank you for the update! You can actually enjoy this game at least a bit more than before.

However, there are still some things missing.

REAL SANDBOX – Challenge mode might be cool to some people and I’m happy cuz they got it, but honestly, I won’t even bother to look at it. I simply don’t care about it. Same goes for campaign. I couldn’t wait to finish it and to finally move to sandbox with everything (or at least with all dinos) unlocked. I still think that you should make one (Isla Nublar) or more islands available in sandbox mode with all items/dinos unlocked the first time you start playing this game. I understand that you worked hard to make campaign/challenge, and you would like all of us to go through it and to see it, however I do not think that you should force people to play it if they do not want to.
Now, except that, I think we need one more thing to improve sandbox (yes, I’m happy about new improvements – infinite feeders, unlimited power, dino lifespan, cash, contracts etc. and thank you for adding it!)
For now, there’s only one thing that will make sandbox great. I think there’s a lot of people who want to let their dinos roam freely through the park – yeah, no fences or anything. I tried it last night and well, of course – It’s impossible. So as no.1 I would like you to let us disable POPULATION/SOCIAL bars if we want to.

MAP(S) – Too small. If you are planning to add more dinos/buildings in the future, then make the map much, much bigger. And if you are planning to leave it the way it is, then do not bother with adding new stuff at all.

CARNIVORE/HERBIVORE AI – Even after the update, these guys still kill for no reason. Less, but still it happens quite often. So I do not think that there was any kind of improvement in it or at least not the kind that I was hoping for.
I’ve noticed that there’s a new behavior now and I like it (carnivores “fighting“ over their territory), but it happens quite often. Whenever I look at them all that they are doing is growling at each other, then separating and few minutes later they are doing it again. I think it should happen once in a while, not every second.
Herbivores are still dumb. Luckily I still didn’t have a problem with them forgetting that the forest/grasslands is in front of them (and that’s great!), but I had a problem with social needs: you know, dino walked 2m away from his/her herd and he/she started raging because he/she can’t see his friends (who are standing in front of him/her (and yes I had the right number of the same species in the cage (e.g. Stegosaurus needs at least 5 other Stegos to be happy))). Like that is really stupid. They should be aware of it. Even if the enclosure is large.
One more thing, I really hope that in the future dinos won’t cut through each other or through fences/hatchery like they are some kind of ghosts.

HERD/PACK – Won’t write a lot about it, because you already know that we want it so badly. So I hope next update will finally have it.

As akirajrock01 said, a fully-unlocked Sandbox mode is a must... I mean it, we need it! I dislike it being exclusive for people who finish and complete the whole campaign and challenge modes!

Please, Frontier... let us choose HOW to play instead of you choosing, and forcing us to COMPLETE EVERYTHING in order to have access to every animal, upgrade, skin, building or anything that's available within the game...

The game is very good but it's lacking things, and one of them is PLAYER FREEDOM!

Last edited:
Suggestions

Abillity to set entrance fees into the park. Maybe something like the way you set prices now in restaurants and giftshops. Or one day day plane tickets, two day helicopter tickets, three days cruise line tickets.
Ability to set prices in the hotels. Maybe the way now with restaurants and giftshops and just set price at 50,100,150. Or choose that the hotel shall be a two star, three star, four star.
1.4 decreased the size on some dinosaurus. That could be fun if possible could be added in the genomes the ability to decrease or increase the height of the dinosaurs. Imagine a 10 meter high stegosaurus or 1 meter high Trex.

I know this is not high on the list, but I would love it if "nature found a way." as Dr Malcom so elegantly puts it. Have a way where an already living dinasuar can breed and create a sustainable population. This would be especially fun for Sandbox mode.

once lighting options are unlocked allow them to be used in new games, this will help increase the currently non-existent replayability of the game

You doubled the life span which is great and all BUT its for the genes solely, which means if you max out how much the animals can live for all the dinosaurs all the herbivores are exstreamly weak compared to the carnivores which I believe may get big buffs or at least bigger then what the herbs may or may not get through the genes that give the most life span.

My suggestion, if possible balance that a lil more. Or better yet upgrade the BASE lifespans as well. Though im sure others will probably not agree with me seeing as you could just modify the genes to buff them. If I do that they end up living reaaaaaally short lives and end up dying to the carnivores anyways easily.

So i never played isla nublar before cause there was no reason for me to play it but now i started the challenge mode and i recognized how g small nublar is.
I dont want a whole island editor for the next update but pls at least make more space aviable thats all iam asking for. At this point i rather wanna play challenge mode on sorna cause it seems it has a bit more space aviable pls make nublar great again ^^

You doubled the life span which is great and all BUT its for the genes solely, which means if you max out how much the animals can live for all the dinosaurs all the herbivores are exstreamly weak compared to the carnivores which I believe may get big buffs or at least bigger then what the herbs may or may not get through the genes that give the most life span.

My suggestion, if possible balance that a lil more. Or better yet upgrade the BASE lifespans as well. Though im sure others will probably not agree with me seeing as you could just modify the genes to buff them. If I do that they end up living reaaaaaally short lives and end up dying to the carnivores anyways easily.

Really? It only affects the dumb Turtle gene?

Hunting mechanics and territorial fights need to be improved.
Hunting: the carnivores seems to hunt even though their hunger meter reaches 70% to 50%. They should hunt when their meter is at a critical low (At the very end of the red). Then the carnivore can proceed to hunt, stalk, then strike. Also the herbivore should run away from the carnivore if they see it within a 5 to 10 mile radius. The herbivores should also run away from the carnivore with in the carnivores sight instead of towards it. When a carnivore feeds and sees another carnivore of a different species, then it will show a dominance display over the kill. It could go out like this: If the carnivore is intimidated by the display, it turns around and walk away from the kill. If the carnivore ignores the display, then the other carnivore shows off its display, approach each, fight sequence, and if one of them has a low health it runs away or one of them kills the other.
Territorial: Carnivores should have set a spot of a specific area of its choosing. It marks it, then any carnivore or herbivore comes across said territory, the carnivore will show agression and hostility, approach the intruder, fight, and if their health is low then the herbivore or carnivore runs away or gets killed. As for the herbivores, their should be an added animation like trikes locking horns or ankys ramming and pushing each other or sauropods wipping their necks on each others bodies until ones chickens out. When one is intimidated, the winner should show dominance display and the looser should run further away from the victor. I had a polocanthus do that, run away, then comes back to the victor. Plus this should happen when their group size hit critical (again towards the red).

Also carnivores should fight one another instead of acting like they are friends. I had a spino, allo, T-rex, and carno all at one spot and neither of them did not fight each other. They just became friends haha. They should fight each other then whoever becomes the victor, then the loser runs further away from the victor. If the loser sees the victor within a 5 to 10 mile radius, it walks the opposite direction away from the victor.

Oh and I had an idea of the dome headed dino's (pachy, stiggy, draco) to battle against the small or medium size carnivore:
Fight sequence: Small carnivore/medium carnivore lunges and takes a chunck of the dome dino's health (The amount of health taken depends on the attack/defense rate) the domed dino rams at the small/medium carnivore and takes off their health (again depends on what the attack rate are and the defense rate is).
-If dome headed dinos win: For raptors, it tries to pounce at it head on, but the domed dino backs up to dodge the attack. Then the domed dino then charge, scoops from under the raptor then flings it up in the air. The raptor then land on its back, twitch all little then dies.
-For the dilo, it spits at the domed dino and the domed dino dodged it by moving to the side. It then rams at full force at the side of the dilo. The dilo then falls down from its side, squeaks for mercy, then the domed dino approaches the dilo and kills it by raising its head high and rams it head downward at the head of the dilo. Resulting in crushing the dilo's skull.
-If the dome dino wins against the medium carnivore: The medium carnivore tries to lunge at the domed dino. The domed dino moves back to dodge it then brings it head down towards the right and swings its head across the carnivores face. This results crushing the skull of the carnivore and after that, it collapse and dies.
-If the small carnivore wins: The domed dino tries to ram head on but the raptor pounces on the back of the domed dino. The domed dino tries to buck it off like a bull then the raptor turn to the front and use its toeclaw to stab through the neck of the domed dino. The domed dino then collapes and dies.
-If the dilo wins: It throws out its frill and approach close to the domed dino. The domed dino backs away but then the dilo spits its venom at the domed dino. With the domed dino blind, the dilo then ponce on the domed dino and kills it.
-If the medium carnivore wins: The domed dino rams at the medium carnivore but then the medium carnivore dodges it by moving to the side. It then grabs the domed dino by the back then slams it on the ground. The medium carnivore then steps on the side of the domed dino then delivers the final blow by bitting the neck and snapping it. It then does a victory roar.

Also when herbivores are panicking, they are still running, then stop, then run, repeat until they are far away from the carnivore or jeep. This needs to be fix. They should keep running until they are far away from a carnivore or jeep. You can see this from this clip. Plus again, you can see the herbivore running towards the carnivore instead of away from the carnivore. No matter which way they are facing. Again, based on the direction they are facing, they should do a quick turn around and run away from the carnivore.
[video=youtube;QZ2hMscrAuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ2hMscrAuQ[/video]

Frontier, the hunting mechanic is good and did solved the over-hunting issue, but it is not the hunting style that me and some others are seeking. Please fix this so that the dino's feel more real and please put herding, sleeping, and other mechanics to make these creatures look more alive.

Last edited:
Really? It only affects the dumb Turtle gene?

Im unsure honestly about the turtle gene. I havent committed to memorizing which genes gives buffs to which stats and besides the name sake like aggressive instincts I do not know of a way to determine the effects behavior wise if there is any? With that said! If someone made a guide to the stats of genes that would be nice but time consuming.

Why the hell are we still refilling feeders 24/7? Ya what a fun and exciting mechanics. Really out did yourselves with that one...

If you do not want to refill feeders, you have to go one settings on sandbox mode. You will see an option for infinite feeders. You have to turn it on then click apply.

My Wishlist (In constantly udpate)

My wishlist is:

1) Territory Control: When a dino (for example: Raptor [arrrr]) is in a territory for a certain time, he wins some Territory Control, plus, if he wins a fight, it doesnt matter if he killed a dino or his enemy escaped, he wins more Territory Control, and if the dino has a herd his herd win some part of that Territory Control (he wins more than them), I think this could be percentage thing more than a perfect numbers thing, so the Territory Control could be shared if there are many dinosaurs in the same enclosure, like a T.Rex with a %50 of Territory Control and a Raptor herd with the other %50 of territory control. Some missions could be:

Make a carnivore have %50 of Territory Control

Make a herd of raptors get %60 of Territory Control (the leader of the herd have to got that)

2) Hunting Mechanics: Some hunting strategies depending on the species of the dino, or:

3) Genes that modify different things: Like genes that change the hunting strategies of the dino, some genes that change their need of grasslands, forest, water and food or genes that completely changes the behaviour of the dino.

PD: I will add more ideas/suggestions when more things come to my head

- a fully-unlocked, free-to-do-anything Sandbox mode

REAL SANDBOX –. I still think that you should make one (Isla Nublar) or more islands available in sandbox mode with all items/dinos unlocked the first time you start playing this game.

As akirajrock01 said, a fully-unlocked Sandbox mode is a must... I mean it, we need it! I dislike it being exclusive for people who finish and complete the whole campaign and challenge modes!

A completely unlocked sandbox mode right from the beginning?? I wish I thought of that.......oh, wait.:D

As I'm sure others have before me as well.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom