COMPLETED CG Zende Partners Defence Appeal

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm there with my Mamba, and the battles are won anyway before I run out of ammo. No need to drag my Vette out there.
Context matters
But how long in time (Mins) was the battle and what ship classes did you avoid killing or kill due to there prismatic shields and phasing sequence beams and enzime missiles racks.
The AI will end the battle even if you kill nothing... your actions speed it up...
Did you take down the capital ship and spec ops or run away and fight in low conflict zone only...
Did you let the captain class elite cutter ship escape... or wing up in private group and take them down...
Did you run 3 low battles before running out of ammo or did you only run 1 low rated battle
Did you run 1 High conflict zone battle were no Capital ship spawned and not run out off ammo...
Context matters for other players to decide if they should continue in the mediums or use a large ship...

No cap ship showed up. I killed the elite captain and spec ops when they showed up. I avoid no ship class. Battle length maybe 20 minutes ?

truthfully 33 jumps to get a decently armed ship down there plus 33 jumps back it isn't worth the hassle for very little reward when they decide to put them a little nearer then maybe but until not even gonna bother.

Day 1
White wash is going to well... zende are nearly half a billion in the lead time to swap sides then...

D7VQsP3W0AIe5bw

Any one seen the mythical >330k cutter yet hes was in the last CZ CG... be nice if confirmation of his arrival...

truthfully 33 jumps to get a decently armed ship down there plus 33 jumps back it isn't worth the hassle for very little reward when they decide to put them a little nearer then maybe but until not even gonna bother.
missed the worthless ferry, didn't you?

Last edited:
Good point! Maybe my belief about fdev trying to avoid god-modding (in a different reply) was misplaced ;)
War CGs always require a bit of that to get the conflict at all - especially in this case where the factions are both of the same type so would normally be an Election - so locking the conflict open for the duration seems necessary as well. I don't think that really counts as god-modding, any more than adding the megaships and outposts so there's something to fight over does.

I wonder if FD have factored in their mechanics which terminates the war state early if it becomes unwinnable for the other side... looking forward to potential forumdrama on Monday/Tuesday if not.

In theory using the good old combat bond hand in the only time it could become unwinnable is for one side to complete all the tiers, in practice of course one side can be so far ahead they cannot be caught. There would be far more forum drama if it was ended even earlier with endless posts complaining that they were just about to arrive and fight for the losing side.

Context matters
  1. But how long in time (Mins) was the battle and what ship classes did you avoid killing or kill due to there prismatic shields and phasing sequence beams and enzime missiles racks.
  2. The AI will end the battle even if you kill nothing... your actions speed it up...
  3. Did you take down the capital ship and spec ops or run away and fight in low conflict zone only...
  4. Did you let the captain class elite cutter ship escape... or wing up in private group and take them down...
  5. Did you run 3 low battles before running out of ammo or did you only run 1 low rated battle
  6. Did you run 1 High conflict zone battle were no Capital ship spawned and not run out off ammo...
Context matters for other players to decide if they should continue in the mediums or use a large ship...
Well with my Mamba with just two multicannon.
  1. Didn’t time the battle, I wasn’t selecting ships by any other criteria than “next hostile” the only target I didn’t kill was a Cutter with more SCBs than I had patience, I almost never bother to look at internals.
  2. Good to know.
  3. I went for the safe option of a high intensity zone so that there would be lots of targets for both sides, didn’t engage with a capitol ship and have no clue if special ops were there or not.
  4. Nobody to wing with and I have already mentioned my fight with the cutter except my other reason for breaking that off was almost no shields left.
  5. I was only in high CZs and had to rearm before time was called, though I barely got off a shot before they did call time after I had rearmed.
  6. Capital ships present every battle allegedly though I only saw one once, but I was busy shooting other stuff.
I was most impressed by how the Mamba performed I expected to be high waking in a colander, it all seemed easier than I expected.

Well with my Mamba with just two multicannon.
  1. Didn’t time the battle, I wasn’t selecting ships by any other criteria than “next hostile” the only target I didn’t kill was a Cutter with more SCBs than I had patience, I almost never bother to look at internals.
  2. Good to know.
  3. I went for the safe option of a high intensity zone so that there would be lots of targets for both sides, didn’t engage with a capitol ship and have no clue if special ops were there or not.
  4. Nobody to wing with and I have already mentioned my fight with the cutter except my other reason for breaking that off was almost no shields left.
  5. I was only in high CZs and had to rearm before time was called, though I barely got off a shot before they did call time after I had rearmed.
  6. Capital ships present every battle allegedly though I only saw one once, but I was busy shooting other stuff.
I was most impressed by how the Mamba performed I expected to be high waking in a colander, it all seemed easier than I expected.
Spec ops get you a mission bar on top right saying how many you have left to kill or avoid or help... If you don't have a counter then spec ops were not there, AI can kill them if you avoid them... but takes way longer for AI too do so...
If your only seeing one cutter your lucky normaly 2-3 every battle... for me..

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
I wonder if FD have factored in their mechanics which terminates the war state early if it becomes unwinnable for the other side... looking forward to potential forumdrama on Monday/Tuesday if not.
Since this is not a BGS initiated war but one introduced for the purposes of the CG, it should run the duration of that CG without being subject to the "normal" BGS mechanics. In the past we had combat CGs which always ran the full week, even though one side was way ahead (even more so than in this one) even though a BGS war would have finished after 5 days at that time.

In addition - the "war" that is the CG will be won or lost based on the value of the combat bonds turned in, not by the number of CZs won or lost like a normal BGS war - so this one is all kinds of different vs. the normal wars these days.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Don't forget it's only getting out there now you missed the ferry - the CG finishes on Wednesday next week so you can take the Thursday morning ferry back to the bubble. Just don't forget you might not be returning to Zende but Segnen, depending on the result of the war :)

CZ are bugging out on me. The high is completely empty, the medium and low are populated, but no enemy reinforcements arrive, so there's not enough ships to shoot to actually finish the battle.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom