COMPLETED CG Zende Partners Defence Appeal

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Tip for those that need to rearm there large combat ships, as long as you can jump 14ly in one jump
Don't use the mega ship in the Combat zone system to re arm. its over 2Kls from combat zone jump to Hr 3005 and rearm there, its mega ship is less than 24ls from entry point... this will get you back in to action faster.

Global rewards are things that are produced by some CG's they are additions to the game that anyone can use, hence global, they can increase at selected tiers for things like station outfitting CGs where the higher they go the more facilities are available and in that case the latest award is displayed. The original AX CGs increased the sorts of planetary bases that the equipment was available at.

The current CG is to determine which sort of hybrid weapon we will have access to but as that decision is dependant on which side wins the reward shouldn't be going up yet.

There is a post in the Interstellar Initiatives sub forum that lists (behind a spoiler) what the phases are for this, we are currently in phase 3 IIRC.
thank you for that

i wont benefit from this one not taking part i have the ships capable of getting there on their own truthfully i cant be bothered to make the 23 jumps there and 23 back.

Traffic report shows an astounding number of Corvettes, Anacondas and Cutters in the CZ system. I wonder if they are hoarding bonds and then turn them all in on wednesday, knocking people like me down the ranks. I'm there in my Mamba, with an amount of bonds that at this point appears to be safe.

That is my guess, at least that is what I would do (if I were using a large ship). Fight in a large ship, reload as neccessary at the megaship and on the last day switch with to a smaller ship and turn in the bonds.

Though I'm pretty sure my seat in the top 25% is safe.

I'm gunning for top 10%. Sitting at 19 mil for Zende and 12 mil for Segnen. Will work for the latter on the remaining days.

My conscience is clear, I am doing everything I can to make Segnen win. Advanced MC is useless even in long range variant and sucks in front of Rockets.
But it seems, people who fight for Zende were nether met the thargoids. They have no idea that MC is the worst choise here.
c'est la vie

My conscience is clear, I am doing everything I can to make Segnen win. Advanced MC is useless even in long range variant and sucks in front of Rockets.
But it seems, people who fight for Zende were nether met the thargoids. They have no idea that MC is the worst choise here.
c'est la vie
Ask yourself this: Would anyone fighting Thargoids really use either ? Both are medium size. Medium or higher hardpoints are limited on ships, and you'll still rather want 4 guardian weapons there, that are still best choice and don't require synthesis to do AX damage. If the new modules came in small size, they'd be an auxiliary addition to the armament, getting around the 4 experimental weapons limit. Only large ships like the Conda which have 6 medium, large or huge hardpoints get real use out of the new module whatever it'll be.

Would anyone fighting Thargoids really use either ?
Yep, I'd agree. But rockets might (we still do not know) be a good addition for those who fly large ships. MCs are not almost definitely. As I told before, people do not care. That's why we will get a trash cannons that never be used.

IIRC the new weaps (MC/Rockets) will not count towards the 4ax weapon limits.
The hard limit will be ammo synth - which is beyond expensive

Combat zones are in flux... the second medium has changed into a low conflict zone so you now need to jump out and in again a lot sooner and they moved its location. its now just as far from the entry point as the others... and no longer close

High and medium conflict zone pays double per ship kill than low conflict zone per ship kill...
Medium and high pay the rewards twice... if you kill a ship in low you only get say 22K kill the same ship in medium and High the pay out is 22k + another 22k for double the reward... fighting in low to avoid the spec ops that can't spawn there results in half the rewards per kill...

Zende reached tier 5

Last edited:
High and medium conflict zone pays double per ship kill than low conflict zone per ship kill...
Medium and high pay the rewards twice... if you kill a ship in low you only get say 22K kill the same ship in medium and High the pay out is 22k + another 22k for double the reward... fighting in low to avoid the spec ops that can't spawn there results in half the rewards per kill...

Zende reached tier 5

Noob questions, but
1. Whats the difference between medium and high CZs? Im only playing in low with my G1-G3 badly engineered Crusader.
2. If I park on the ferry on Wednesday evening, next day I will wake up in Zende system, but how can I get my Community Mission Goal reward there? Maybe I can get it in Zende and Segnen systems, or just on The Prospect and Indigo Dock? Or I must wait 2 weeks?

More kills are required to finish a High CZ than a medium. I can finish a Low CZ in 6 kills, a Medium in 10-15 kills and a High in 12-18 kills (depending on how fast i get the kills and how good my faction is since their kills count too)
There is more variance in objectives in a High CZ (not valid for this Community Goals since they seem to be bugged)
Generally speaking i found High CZ somehow easier than Mediums.

Mediums only have SpecOps Wing as objective, but i found them rather hard if the entire wing is focusing my ship - unless i'm in my Corvette
So for example, if i'm in my Krait and get focused by the SpecOps, i have to boost/wake away
In a High CZ the SpecOps do not always spawn. More often then not you get other objectives (Correspondents, Captains, etc) and even if they spawn, the HCZ is a more target reach environment and you get the chance to be left on your own - in which case you can pick them one by one - if they get split

You have to complete the CG at the station helding it (The Prospect or Indigo Dock).
Otherwise, you can wait 2 weeks and then it will auto-complete and you get the payment automatically - no matter where you are in the Galaxy

Noob questions, but
1. Whats the difference between medium and high CZs? Im only playing in low with my G1-G3 badly engineered Crusader.
2. If I park on the ferry on Wednesday evening, next day I will wake up in Zende system, but how can I get my Community Mission Goal reward there? Maybe I can get it in Zende and Segnen systems, or just on The Prospect and Indigo Dock? Or I must wait 2 weeks?
low = no spawning of mission target ships... and only pay half the rewards now...
Medium = only spawns kill Spec op ships mission and the same ships as low
high = spawns any and every type of mission specific ships..

mission ships in are....
captain kill and protect ship mission,
kill and protect the fox news reporters ships,
kill spec ops ships missions...
Make capital ship run away mission...

For zende this is the out come you want of each mission..
For zende... kill fox news ships means very easy slow targets... = easy credits....

For zende kill spec ops means facing engineered and experimental weapons ships who do damage even with shied up...= harder credits. ignore if you can but they can kill ships on your side so not allways best to ignore...

For zende kill captain ship means harder than normal cutter ship to kill... = harder credits to earn but again ignoring it can get you side ships killed... the less ships on your side the more likely they are to notice you...

For Zende make capital ship run away = Lots of credits for a big ship running a way...

Your ship build will change what is possible...

CG ends on wednesday you get reward on wednesday afternoon from CG station not Thursday....

Is it still the case that the intensity level reflects the number of NPC ships on each side, so low has a small number of ships making you more likely to be a target and high most ships on each side making you less noticeable?

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Others have mentioned this but just to emphasise the point - unlike previous CGs, this one ends on Wednesday not Thursday so you should be able to collect your rewards from The Prospect (assuming you are on the Zende side - this is their thread after all :)) before heading over to the megaship to dock up for the night and catch a ride back to Zende.

One point I am not clear on right now is the exact timing of the ending - but I'm looking for clarification. According to the "out of game" sources (yeah, I know, one of them is mine from the top of this thread, but it's not the only one!) the end time is 14:00 UTC or 3 pm UK time however, based on the CG timers in game, it will end at 13:00 UTC or 2 pm UK time - so please factor that in to any plans for last minute contributions!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom