Zoo Entrances in Franchise mode

While I appreciate that you have fixed the ability to edit/delete zoo entrances which we create ourselves in Franchise mode in the latest patch, I have to complain that you completely removed the ability to delete the ORIGINAL zoo entrance.

In my opinion, this is an unacceptable change. Not only are the original zoo entrances horrid, the inability to get rid of them greatly limits our freedom to be creative and make the zoo the way that we want it.

While I understand that, on paper, it might seem the change is needed because removing the original zoo entrance can give a new zoo a significant boost to cash....the simple fact is that if you played your own game, you would understand that this doesn't even matter in franchise mode. It's stupidly easy to quickly make a ton of money in a new zoo anyway.

Please, change this back so we can completely remove the original zoo entrances in franchise mode. It makes absolutely no sense that you "fixed it" so that we cannot.

If we really can't delete them anymore, that's really a big Problem. I hated it to have a Entrance in Front of my Entrance. How does that even make Sense? Technically it is a Part of the Zoo, so we should be able to remove it. Luckily I already did it in my current Zoo but I think the Orangutan Breeding Center on Borneo still has the original Entrance behind the real Entrance, which will now stay there forever even though it doesn't fit in there at all

If we really can't delete them anymore, that's really a big Problem. I hated it to have a Entrance in Front of my Entrance. How does that even make Sense? Technically it is a Part of the Zoo, so we should be able to remove it. Luckily I already did it in my current Zoo but I think the Orangutan Breeding Center on Borneo still has the original Entrance behind the real Entrance, which will now stay there forever even though it doesn't fit in there at all

Yep, I tested it in a couple of new zoos after today's patch after seeing a thread about it in the Steam forums and the right click thing no longer works on the original entrance at all. It is very, very disappointing change.

😟 Bad News for Arizona Western World then. I didn't delete the original Entrance there yet, so it will look really bad. It's so important to be able to delete it. Especially if a Zoo has a specific Theme

😟 Bad News for Arizona Western World then. I didn't delete the original Entrance there yet, so it will look really bad. It's so important to be able to delete it. Especially if a Zoo has a specific Theme

I completely agree. I'd deleted the original entrance in all of my franchise zoos already, but now I wish I'd have made a bunch of new zoos where I deleted it just to have some new zoos with it gone available. I really hope they change it back. I started playing franchise mode a LOT more once I could delete that original entrance. Not being able to significantly removes my incentive to make new zoos in the game mode.

Definitely a backwards step, would prefer to have the entrance and paths fully editable and removeable if so desired.
Granted this could cause issues for new players accidentally deleting the entrance and would probably need a warning before deletion.

Definitely a backwards step, would prefer to have the entrance and paths fully editable and removeable if so desired.
Granted this could cause issues for new players accidentally deleting the entrance and would probably need a warning before deletion.

For sure. But, just mho, it's so wierd they treat the zoo entrance with such reverence but literally nothing else. A zoo will ultimately fail completely if it has no Keeper Hut too, but that isn't given such reverential treatment...
They need to get rid of the whole "zoo entrance is already there:" thing completely, imo, and just let us place our own right from the start. Just like literally every other aspect of the zoo.

For sure. But, just mho, it's so wierd they treat the zoo entrance with such reverence but literally nothing else. A zoo will ultimately fail completely if it has no Keeper Hut too, but that isn't given such reverential treatment...
They need to get rid of the whole "zoo entrance is already there:" thing completely, imo, and just let us place our own right from the start. Just like literally every other aspect of the zoo.
Maybe they could add an option in settings for new franchise zoo, such as start with pre-allocated entrance or add your own spawners maximum 2 for free, or entrance blueprint
Or at the very least revert to making the original entrance deletable

Last edited:
I don't get why they don't just remove the thing entirely and let you place your own and give you a smallish boost in money to do so, or make the first spawner/entrance free. like.

this is the complete opposite of what I've wanted and actually made me pretty angry. I'm a perfectionist, it's an eyesore. it limits my creativity. I was already annoyed enough that I couldn't get rid of the pathing and some of the decorations there

this is the complete opposite of what I've wanted and actually made me pretty angry. I'm a perfectionist, it's an eyesore. it limits my creativity. I was already annoyed enough that I couldn't get rid of the pathing and some of the decorations there
Exactly. For some Zoos the pre-built Entrance is OK. But if I want a Entrance with a Western Theme, I don't want a modern looking Building hidden behind the new Entrance

Stupid question (which I can try out when I get home, but thought I'd ask here):

It used to be that if you clicked the entrance and opened it as a building group, you could then select and delete each building piece element -- Except not the spawner, ticket thingy, and path.

Did the new patch revert back to this? Or do you mean they actually changed it so that you can't remove any of the related building items at all, even just to change from the new world theme to an arctic or bamboo or glass design, or to replace the rocks/foliage that are pre-loaded as part of the entrance building group?

Stupid question (which I can try out when I get home, but thought I'd ask here):

It used to be that if you clicked the entrance and opened it as a building group, you could then select and delete each building piece element -- Except not the spawner, ticket thingy, and path.

Did the new patch revert back to this? Or do you mean they actually changed it so that you can't remove any of the related building items at all, even just to change from the new world theme to an arctic or bamboo or glass design, or to replace the rocks/foliage that are pre-loaded as part of the entrance building group?
Sadly you can't delete anything of it anymore. I really hope they will change this because the Ability to delete the original Entrance is so important to make the Zoo visually appealing. I hope we can at least still delete the Part of it that is inside the Build Area. Would be horrible if we couldn't even delete this Part anymore

Thanks. Really sorry to hear this. I hope they will eventually move it back to what we could do before -- and even better if they found a solution to let us delete everything (spawner, ticket gate, and outside paths). I'd even be happy if they made it with no money back for deleting those -- just being able to get rid of them. Seems like the problem is that they got themselves into a jam by trying to make the new entrances too expensive as an artificial way of avoiding too many of them, then felt like they had to make the sell back value too high in case someone placed one accidentally, and then got trapped with the presets. I like the solutions above of a special warning, or maybe letting us delete, but not giving any money back (or giving less back, so that the people can't game the system).

Now I'm starting to think about how far guests will travel at the beginning of a franchise zoo before they reach anything, so that I'll have the option to at least have the original entrance be as far away as possible before I actually "start". Or how to cover the entrance with something else. Not great solutions, but at least they would let me minimize the impact.

But would be much better if they fixed this --or even simply unbroke it!

I like most other people really dislike that you can't delete the original entrance in Franchise. While I guess I can understand why they changed it (but not really, as others had pointed out, once you get used to franchise, it's extremly easy to get money) they could have made some other changes that would have been way better im my opinion;

1. Make it so that you get no money at all for deleting it (easiest solution, and an idea that have been made by quite a few people already)
2. Make it so that you can only delete it once you have passed a specific threshhold when it comes to money, or that it Costs you money to delete it

Both these solutions would make it so that you can't use the entrance to get extra cash, and we would still be able to delete it and make our zoo's look the way we want them too.

Top Bottom