Zoo+ (sandbox Zoo)

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my creations of a Zoo I call Zoo+ (just because I'm real bad with creating new Zoo names).

There is no actual inspiration for the Zoo, just trying to create continent related area's.

KzW3HVkh.jpg

Overview of the current state of the Zoo.

oubANR3h.jpg

Right after the entrance there is a Red Panda exhibit. It's simple, as it's one of the first habitats build.

jVnAXT6h.jpg

Opposite to the Panda habitat, there are the Flamingo's. Which already have some more theming compared to the Panda's.

JK8bb9sh.jpg

The Lion habitat was the first one to be accompanied with a shelter/building completely themed to a region Africa. There is a top floor where the guests can go and look at the lions while they rest in their shelter.

s10RkrDh.jpg

Australia is also represented, as they have their own area on the other side of the Zoo.

1r2JqRFh.jpg

A different look at the Australia area. The path to the right leads to the Savannah area.

YfKJvV1h.jpg

The Cheetah habitat. It's got a natural barrier between itself and the Savannah-habitat, which is constructed out of rocks, plants/roots and a Baobab tree.

myk6GvJh.jpg

The largest habitat, obviously is the Savannah, which houses a lot of animals. There is a large bridge to get across the valley, and to head to the Safari Trucks, that go through the Habitat.

LrwDD2Ph.jpg

Another look at the Savannah from a different perspective. The large African building to the left is a restaurant and the building contains 4 exhibits. Both the Savannah and the exhibits draw a lot of people.

ss1R5oAh.jpg

In another newly constructed part of the Zoo the Wolfs got their area.

JcC3nWRh.jpg

The Indian Rhinoceros is across the Wolfs, the idea is to create an Asion themed area here, which is possible as Wolfs can be found practically anywhere around the world.

38SFPLwh.jpg

The current Work In Progress, a massive building, that will be called "Monkey Paradise", as it houses the monkeys and gorilla's. The outside (front) will be decorated once the inside is done.

t4j4nCMh.jpg

An overview of what the inside looks like at the moment, the completed habitats are for the Bornean Orangutan, the Gorilla's and the japanese macaque. It will also hold the Capucin monkey's and the Bonobo's.

8OPnoiHh.jpg

Left: Gorrila.
Top: Orangutan.
Right: Japanese Macaque

9tbFiDGh.jpg

Japanese Macaque habitat

OWRRctMh.jpg

Orangutan habitat

NjeyogRh.jpg

Bamboo bridge for the Gorilla's to reach the center island in the building.

r1ztxIMh.jpg

Night time inside view of the building.

k9nAKrqh.jpg

And to finish the overview a night time shot of the Zoo.
One thing that bothers me about this, is that the "Do not feed" and "Stt. Silence" signs are waaaaay to bright.

Thanks for reading.

Nice looking zoo! Really like that theming is not overdone so it looks great but still in line with the temperate map. Also that indoor area for primates looks spacious. (y)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Beautiful zoo! The indoor habitat...Wow. (I love indoor habitats ❤)
Nicely done!

Thank you Heather for your kind words.

Nice looking zoo! Really like that theming is not overdone so it looks great but still in line with the temperate map. Also that indoor area for primates looks spacious. (y)

Thank you.

I like decorating and trying to use themes, but I don't want it to get messy just because I want to decorate it.
Habitats should always keep a little bit of that natural feeling.

I'm a liiittle jelaous over your tropical house. It's a challenge to build good indoor habitats and you managed to insert a ride as well. Haven't tackled that yet.
And if I'm right, you got wellfare turned on, haven't you?

• Like (+1)
I'm a liiittle jelaous over your tropical house. It's a challenge to build good indoor habitats and you managed to insert a ride as well. Haven't tackled that yet.
And if I'm right, you got wellfare turned on, haven't you?

It is Sandbox mode with everything turned off, althought I try to keep everything matching as much as possible, in terms of foliage, it gets repetitive quite fast once you use the same trees and plants over and over.

But I do look at area requirements and such to keep it in track with the games "goals".
I think if I turn wellfare on, all should run well without issues.

I also use the Zoopedia to make sure animal numbers are in line with that. So no overcrowding or such things.

The large building was an idea I got when I was in Wildlands Zoo Emmen last week.
I've been working on it since thursday last week. Aprox 3 hours a day. Only on sunday I didn't have the time to work on it.

I have wellfare turned on and therefore need to look for the foliage requirement and you can't really find much Planet Zoo zoos that are build with the space requirements in mind. In my opinion it's harder to build a good looking zoo then, so I really look forward seeing your zoo grow.

• Like (+1)
I'm almost done with the inside of the building. Just some rock work and adding some foiliage, after that, it's work on the outside of the building.

WWPtnyxh.jpg

The capucin monkeys habitat is done, it's the smallest of all habitat's in the building.

saTUqKah.jpg

The habitat also has some more terrain elevations compared to the others.

ARiwz6oh.jpg

I used the one-way glass barrier for this one, I'm thinking about changing it in the future to something more natural, but I think I'll leave it like this for now.

fFB3RpIh.jpg

The last habitat in the building is reserved for the West African Chimpanzees (I switched them with the Bonobo's, they'll get one outside of the building).

UHumBjXh.jpg

Guests are also allowed to enter the building now the interior is (almost) finished.

93X8I0Xh.jpg

I added a small building on top of a cliff, I think it really adds something.

sZp7b2Bh.jpg

The final 2 habitats that where completed, in the top left the Capucin monkey's and in the foreground the Chimpanzees.

qFCxW8lh.jpg

I always like building bridges. Sometimes they are simple, sometimes they have more detail.

whNcPB7h.jpg

Overview of latest finished part. The large green wall is the section that still needs work. Obviously the intention is to cover it up as much as possible.

WKR0ItXh.jpg

Another overview.

Df2ruX2h.jpg

Night time view

zdDH6i2h.jpg

Night time overview.

4dXsZbih.jpg

And just one more overview from the other side to finish it off.

I think this has been my most ambitious project so far. But just starting with a base, and going step by step, with just some small ideas in my head, and expanding further from idea to idea, created this result.

Yes, it's quite some work, but investing some time into your builds, can really create great things.

Looks absolutely stunning! I love the design of the chimpanzee habitat, especially the bridge. I might steal that ;)

May I asked, did you build the building forst and then created the habitats, or did you create the building around the habitats?

• Like (+1)
Looks absolutely stunning! I love the design of the chimpanzee habitat, especially the bridge. I might steal that ;)

May I asked, did you build the building forst and then created the habitats, or did you create the building around the habitats?

Of course you may ask. No secrets here :).

I first started with deciding which animals I wanted to house. I decided that 5 species would get a habitat inside the building. Any other would get something on the outside.
After that I just made an outline of the building to ensure the building was large enough.

The next step was the necessary elevations for the paths. As the entrance of the building would be made of an old style building I used the snap to grid for the paths to make sure I was able to position the walls parallel with the paths. Once all paths where done, next was the ride. This had to be the next step, because you can't change the water levels when you have placed the paths for the entrance/exit of the ride.

And after that, it was time to outline the habitats, and finish the large building with it's roof.

So in steps, it something like this:
  • Position/outline of building
  • Pathing and elevation of pathing.
  • Place ride and necessary water area's.
  • Outline habitats
  • Add more elevation to the terrain where needed.
  • Construct Entrance building (inside) which would also house the Bornean Orangutan.
  • Construct Japanese Macaque Habitat.
  • Construct Gorilla habitat
  • Add additional foliage, theming, benches, bins and lights.
  • Construct Capucin monkey habitat
  • Construct Chimpanzee habitat
  • Add additional foliage, theming, benches, bins and lights.

To do:
  • Cover up last part of wall.
  • Construct Entrance outside and theme/decorate necessary parts of the outside of the building
  • Finish Ride building and add 1 or 2 more habitats around it to.

Work is going on my park.

All primates have gotten their spot. With the latest being the Mandrills and Bonobo's.

lKuvYVeh.jpg

Overview of the completed primates area. With the addition of the trees, it all just feels better and doing that the background won't be boring.

oGFX2Dbh.jpg

Overview prior to the addition of the latest habitats. This is the peacock habitat. With a restaurant next to it, which also contains some exhibits. You can clearly see how boring it looks without the background trees.

nMf6U66h.jpg

Station for the boat ride. The lookout point to the right gives an overview of the Bonobo's and the Mandrills.

mgbOrY9h.jpg

Mandrills habitat, whom have various platforms at different levels to explore.

8wSeTpnh.jpg

Overview of the area to the side of the big building. In the center the boat ride station, to the right, the Bonobo habitat and at the bottom of the picture the Mandrills.

ECrk4EKh.jpg

And finally a first look at the Bengal Tiger habitat. Which still needs some tweaking.

A small update on the Zoo.

The Indian elephants have gotten their spot in the zoo. They are near the Tigers and have gotten Indian themed buildings.

Yzcww3ah.jpg

Bengal Tigers (foreground) and Indian Elephants (background).

jvOQuClh.jpg

Indian Elephants

cj9kznuh.jpg

Indian Elephant lookout. This spot gives a great view of the habitat, with the buildings and the pool.

HrWIgrZh.jpg

Start of the South American area, which will be based near the Australia part.

oIbELNkh.jpg

Overview.

SR3g7X2h.jpg

And a final overview of the park. To the top the Indian Elephant area that was just completed. And in the bottom right the start of the new South America area.

Top Bottom