Zoo size and animal limits?

I know this is an area that Jurassic World Evolution got a heap of negative feedback on for the islands being so small and restrictive. Do we have any indication of how the zoo land size that we can build on will compare?
If I recall correctly, the previous Zoo Tycoon title in 2013 was hamstrung by limitations of size and number of animal population just as your zoo began to become enjoyable, my wife certainly got frustrated and stopped playing because if it. Do we know what the situation is with animal population limits in Planet Zoo?

Af far as I know, nothing has been communicated about restrictions on land size and animal population.

I'm guessing we'll know more next week when content creators can play the demo at Gamescom, this'll be the first time we're going to see someone playing the game live.

As of now, I'd assume the land size will be similar to Planet Coaster (big enough for most, always too small for some). No idea about animal population. Planet Coaster doesn't have a limitation on the number of rides, but I guess you'll see your FPS go south once you've adopted a lot of animals and it's your own hardware which decides what the limits are.

Yeah, I agree on probably seeing more during the demos, and I'm thinking they'll have the same map size as planet coaster, and probably same animal limit as Jurassic world evolution for the pc.

For Planet Coaster we had to ask alot for bigger maps and then they finally added it in I think the Scenario Editor update.
Result: People were happy

For JWE they didn't do this.
Result: People were not happy

For Planet Zoo maybe they do it maybe they don't.
Result: You can probably guess

For Planet Coaster we had to ask alot for bigger maps and then they finally added it in I think the Scenario Editor update.
Result: People were happy

For JWE they didn't do this.
Result: People were not happy

For Planet Zoo maybe they do it maybe they don't.
Result: You can probably guess

My thinking is that it won't be as small as JWE, as that game was a console game developed within a limited time frame. Not to mention, with this being a planet game, I'd think they would keep the map size the same as they did with Planet coaster.

Being JWE a console game probably didn't help the possibility for larger maps, as that would take to much from the console I guess.

I'm sure we will have the same map size with Planzoo. I just hope for more variety in backdrops.

If they do put limits in for the sake of "performance" I hope there will be an option to disable them in the settings so that those of us with bleeding edge systems can make the gigantic safari park of our dreams!

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I think it's most likely going to be like Planet Coaster, with fairly large maps and no limits to the items you place. That does mean big zoos will suffer a performance hit but it's much more flexible. We might have options like limiting guest numbers which is useful in Planet Coaster for improving performance in a large park. Being PC only, bigger maps are totally possible.

In this frame we see that we'll have a "Zoo land tax" with two options: "Land utilized" and "Yearly tax cost"; like a yearly tax dependent of the land utilized. This can means that there are more zoos (Challenge mode) with different extensions or, more probably, that you have a large map where only a small part is used at the beginning and you can increase the land occupyed as your zoo grows larger. Then you need to pay a higher tax (as a kind of rent).View attachment 140339

Could be, but it could as well depend on the amount of land you use.

Because of Planet Coaster I'm a bit hesitant to think we will be able to buy land.

Top Bottom