Latest activity

• devinsaurus
    Yay! Multi-enclosure Gyrospheres!!! Yeeeeeesss!! 😄 Now draw a surprise-bomb of some new attraction (viewing dome?) kept secret and this will the best of summers! Edit: almost forgot and maybe a stupid question but... these gates aren't only...
  • devinsaurus
    Greetings Park Managers! Thank you for your lovely reactions to last week's Feature Focus about Terrain Painting and Scenery Improvements - we're happy you liked it! In the second Feature Focus we wanted to highlight some park-specific...
  • AdmiralXanos
    AdmiralXanos reacted to Mohrgan's post in the thread Ethics in a Literal Video Game with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    I can see a rival faction getting jiggy with you, but getting some kind of extra status for being hostile? The 'counterbalanced 'reward' you are looking for is Friendly/Allied states with that faction. A rival/hostile faction that appreciates...
  • CMDR KOBAL
    CMDR KOBAL reacted to LeptonFields's post in the thread PLEASE MAKE POWERPLAY IN "OPEN ONLY" with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    Just curious... By definition, Multi-Crew and Wings cannot be utilized by solo players, so mode-agnostic features is a fallacious arguement. FDEV would be well served by splitting the consoles from the PC players. Allowing Sony and Microsoft...
  • deckroid
    deckroid replied to the thread Cheating in Elite Dangerous.
    I did it for eye strain. When I play, it's usually after the kiddos are in bed and it's me in the office playing, so I turn the lights down and put on the headset and fly. In the dark, that amber can really stand out. Crap... I almost...
  • deckroid
    deckroid reacted to Riverside's post in the thread Cheating in Elite Dangerous with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    I've never changed my HUD colours, is there any potential advantage to be gained? That's the important part I think.
  • deckroid
    deckroid reacted to Tikanderoga's post in the thread Cheating in Elite Dangerous with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    C'mon mate, we all know drop bears only feed on human blood. SMH :p I work for a backpacker chain, and we have these flyers up all over the place. Hmmmm Ban hammer? But technically, you are correct. Which brings us to the next topic: Would...
  • CMDR KOBAL
    CMDR KOBAL reacted to Darkfyre99's post in the thread PLEASE MAKE POWERPLAY IN "OPEN ONLY" with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    First MUDs starting appearing in the 1970s, IIRC. I started playing them in the late 1980s, myself. If you think people are salty about PvP now, imagine a time when you had pay by the hour for online access, you were on a limited budget, and...
  • Attack Chimp
    Attack Chimp reacted to Tikanderoga's post in the thread Cheating in Elite Dangerous with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    That's cheating! You cheated Death by a few days. BAN HAMMER!!! :D
  • phredd10
    phredd10 replied to the thread How many have dropped off?.
    I am almost to Beagle Point, around 150 jumps or so to go. I also have been pushing it the last two legs and not doing much exploring, just trying to make it before the official cutoff. I am using EDSM, but I did not know about it until I was on...
  • CMDR KOBAL
    Those two comments pretty much cancel each other out. Well done good sir. Tell me, youre in a BGS war with another group in colonia. You see them exploring with a bunch of data to horde and bomb with during the next BGS phase before a flip. Now...
  • rootsrat
    Two words: MATERIAL TRADER.
  • BaconTheDragon
    Wow that is some incredibly realistic grass. I wonder if the animals have a favorite spot, will they leave an impression on the ground? Probably asking for a lot on the technical side of things but I think its a small detail that would help in...
  • Attack Chimp
    Attack Chimp replied to the thread In 2020, be sure!.
    Small groups save a lot of time not overcommunicating, and are generally adverse to doubling their work.
  • devinsaurus
    devinsaurus reacted to GoldenShadowSpringy's post in the thread Dinosaurs we need in game with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    Pachyrhinosaurus - He used to be in JW:FK but he was replaced with Sinoceratops which is pretty sad. I think he should have his time to shine in the game. Gorgosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Albertosaurus, Nanotyrannus and Eotyrannus - It would be cool to...
  • devinsaurus
    devinsaurus replied to the thread Dinosaurs we need in game.
    New small herbivorous dinosaurs for JWE to fill the gap. Hypsilophodon Camptosaurus Thescelosaurus
  • F
    Sorry but you seem to have misunderstood. "Grind" has nothing to do with difficulty and everything to do with how arbitrarily boring, asinine and repetitive it is. Consider the fact that hardly any of Elite's level progression is directly linked...
  • Riverside
    Riverside reacted to Commander Biscuit's post in the thread Anaconda or Corvette? with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    You're arguing for homogenization rather than balance. The ships are already fairly well balanced within their role groups. You can't look at a Conda and say "I need more jump range because of Condas" Conda isn't in the same role group as the...
  • Lightspeed
    I like the fawning obsequious welcomes given by Imperial controllers :)
  • Riverside
    Riverside replied to the thread Cheating in Elite Dangerous.
    I've never changed my HUD colours, is there any potential advantage to be gained? That's the important part I think.
  • C
    Cloud Breaker reacted to Speccy's post in the thread Show us your interesting discoveries! with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    I discovered this ELW orbiting a gas giant, with a close-orbiting landable moon of it's own. It was added as a passenger tourist destination: Earth-like Dance With Giant. System = IC 1396 Sector RU-F d11-7
  • C
    Cloud Breaker reacted to Orvidius's post in the thread Show us your interesting discoveries! with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    We have some great screenshot threads already, but I figured it was about time we had a thread for sharing interesting finds of all kinds. One of the things that made me want a thread like this, is this recent discussion about a hazy...
  • C
    Cloud Breaker reacted to Krash's post in the thread Show us your interesting discoveries! with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for: a newly discovered, huge, ringed ammonia world, virtually no cloud cover and unusually dark brown: I made a few interesting discoveries like that on my Sag A trip :D
  • Attack Chimp
    Attack Chimp reacted to Schmack's post in the thread Cheating in Elite Dangerous with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    I was eating a sandwich, doing a pretty good job, and it just up and disappeared. I don't want to name and shame but pretty sure it combat logged.
  • AdmiralXanos
    AdmiralXanos reacted to Cknarf's post in the thread Ethics in a Literal Video Game with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    Oh, any time “Deliver 250 tons of beer in the name of Democracy” turns up on the mission board, I feel obligated to accept and complete it
  • devinsaurus
    Hey everybody I've been thinking for a while that maybe perhaps Frontier could include fog machines for our exhibits for our dinosaurs? I felt like something was missing from the exhibit and I think fog is one of them so why not Implement fog...
  • Riverside
    Riverside reacted to Micha's post in the thread Notes from a noob explorer with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    Great read Cmdr @Xavoras , awesome seeing your transition from "grinding" out an engineer unlock to just enjoying the experience for what it was. Yes, if you analyse the game mechanics for what they are, they are extremely basic, but if you can...
  • C
    You just have to see this and well. After looking at highest resolution one I WANT TO EXPLORE IT ALL! http://hubblesite.org/image/4492/news
  • C
    That blows my mind.
  • Lightspeed
    Lightspeed reacted to Fake Newts's post in the thread Another whinge about mat gathering with Like (+1) Like (+1).
    You're right, it sucks. FWIW I recommend you go to a high-pop null-state Imperial system and harvest Imperial Shielding in bulk, as it's the most reliably available and isn't diluted by any other high-grade drops or G4s (like Fed drops and boom...
Top Bottom