Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack | Announce

So question.

To those whose biggest complaint that the game would be ending with farm animals until about 3 hours ago, what are your thoughts now?

I don't mean that to sound facetious. I'm genuinely curious to see what the pack's critics are feeling with this new information?

Same? Tbf I didn’t care whether it was the last or not to begin with, it’s a huge disappointment to me either way and the fact that there is at least one more doesn’t make this any les copy-paste and same old same old habitat animal wise than it was before. So really, this announcement changes exactly nothing about how I feel in regards to this pack.

While we are waiting for the “Barnyard Animal Pack”, in order to brighten up the wait and enjoy this pack even more, I would like to recommend watching the video of one awesome farmer. His name is Joar Berge, he is also called the cow whisperer.
He opened a shelter and rescues animals. He shows how beautiful and gentle farm animals are.
Every time I come to his page, it’s hard for me to close it because it’s such a pleasure to watch his relationships with animals.😍
It’s available on all popular social networks, but it’s more convenient for me to watch it on Tik Tok (moustache_farmer) 😊

Last edited:
It's a strange feeling that I have, I am so relieved it is not the final pack so we can end with a baaaaang.
But also the animal that I was waiting the most from the pack seems a bit off on the screenshot. I would have loved to have the cow fur less smooth and more fluffy. But maybe it is just the screenshot and in game would be different!
I have to say that I love the sheep! All animals model seems very great ant the fur of most of them is a great success.
And I guess I'd probably use more the alpaca than the llama for the farm part of the zoo.

This community proved to be extremely hypocritical and childish. As long as Frontier considered her wishes as a priority, the members could not stop praising the DLCs that satisfied their exotic dreams. Metawishlist has become a kind of mandatory route although a very small group of PZ players are active members of the form. It's a bit megalomaniac to consider yourself the representative of all players' expectations. A good example is South America, which is extremely well represented with representative animals, but a small group of active members on the forum still see the continent as extremely deficiently represented, only because some monkeys are missing that are the size of a squirrel and can be difficult to integrate in a normal habitat.
Now that the developers have made a considerable effort to add a very normal component with domestic animals, almost universally present in most zoos, the expression of disappointment tends towards grossness. It seems that when you do too much to please a community, this generous gesture backfires on you. A good lesson for Frontier!

A good example is South America, which is extremely well represented with representative animals, but a small group of active members on the forum still see the continent as extremely deficiently represented, only because some monkeys are missing that are the size of a squirrel and can be difficult to integrate in a normal habitat.
-south america is "well represent"
-it have less animals than freakin europe

A good example is South America, which is extremely well represented with representative animals, but a small group of active members on the forum still see the continent as extremely deficiently represented, only because some monkeys are missing that are the size of a squirrel and can be difficult to integrate in a normal habitat.
Damn, I wish I had the version of PZ you have where the only notable missing species from South America are a few tamarins and marmosets. Are the coatis and maras fun to build for?

Um, you do know that South America has the least amount of animals in the game, even less than Europe and Oceanía. Which is odd, because South America has the MOST animals in the world.

So, we're missing monkeys, most bigger than squirrels; we're missing various land dwelling birds; the Patagonian mara; a carnivoran that's not a cat or dog (coati); an ocelot; a bear; heck, even the bush dog for variety

Um, you do know that South America has the least amount of animals in the game, even less than Europe and Oceanía. Which is odd, because South America has the MOST animals in the world.
(Oceania actually still has the least*, with 13 habitat species vs South America’s 15, with SA also having way more exhibit species. Not that I disagree with your sentiment, of course)
*not including Antarctica for obvious reasons, also excluded the king penguin from both continent’s habitat lists given they’re very fringe

This community proved to be extremely hypocritical and childish. As long as Frontier considered her wishes as a priority, the members could not stop praising the DLCs that satisfied their exotic dreams. Metawishlist has become a kind of mandatory route although a very small group of PZ players are active members of the form. It's a bit megalomaniac to consider yourself the representative of all players' expectations. A good example is South America, which is extremely well represented with representative animals, but a small group of active members on the forum still see the continent as extremely deficiently represented, only because some monkeys are missing that are the size of a squirrel and can be difficult to integrate in a normal habitat.
Now that the developers have made a considerable effort to add a very normal component with domestic animals, almost universally present in most zoos, the expression of disappointment tends towards grossness. It seems that when you do too much to please a community, this generous gesture backfires on you. A good lesson for Frontier!

So because you've liked everything that came out before you need to like everything that will come out if not you are hypocritical and childish ?
That's something new... If you liked one movie of a franchise do you necessary like the other ones or you are hypocritical or ungrateful?

What did the community is just being critical, some members went too far it is another debate.
It is the right of people.
Of course the forums are representative of the community because it gives feedbacks, the same for reddit or the youtube comments of videos. It is not just buying the content. If not the bintuwrong and the hyena would still be among us.

And the good example of the South America..... well people above me already replied to it.
Frontier is not generous, they look for profit, the best to make profit is to satisfy your client though.... so there is no good lesson for Frontier in this case.
Actually there is one and they passed the test cause they finally communicate about what's going to come.

(Oceania actually still has the least*, with 13 habitat species vs South America’s 15, with SA also having way more exhibit species. Not that I disagree with your sentiment, of course)
*not including Antarctica for obvious reasons, also excluded the king penguin from both continent’s habitat lists given they’re very fringe
Oops😅
I guess it just feels like Oceania has more than South America because of the ratio of animals to continent. But yeah, either way Oceania feels way more filled in than South America does

Oops😅
I guess it just feels like Oceania has more than South America because of the ratio of animals to continent. But yeah, either way Oceania feels way more filled in than South America does
It's also because virtually all of the habitat animals added to Oceania are both iconic species and fill very distinct niches (even the quokka!), while South America is still missing a bunch of notable animals whilst also having double ups like the two camians and two domestic camelids that fill much the same role. South America may have slightly more habitat species, but Oceania used the slots it did get more effectively, if that makes sense.

So because you've liked everything that came out before you need to like everything that will come out if not you are hypocritical and childish ?
That's something new... If you liked one movie of a franchise do you necessary like the other ones or you are hypocritical or ungrateful?

What did the community is just being critical, some members went too far it is another debate.
It is the right of people.
Of course the forums are representative of the community because it gives feedbacks, the same for reddit or the youtube comments of videos. It is not just buying the content. If not the bintuwrong and the hyena would still be among us.

And the good example of the South America..... well people above me already replied to it.
Frontier is not generous, they look for profit, the best to make profit is to satisfy your client though.... so there is no good lesson for Frontier in this case.
Actually there is one and they passed the test cause they finally communicate about what's going to come.
Can you show the profit made by each separate DLC made by Frontier to see if the pressure of the community is found in the profit made? Or is it just a theory embraced to justify the pressure of this forum that calls itself the voice of the entire group of active players?

Can you show the profit made by each separate DLC made by Frontier to see if the pressure of the community is found in the profit made? Or is it just a theory embraced to justify the pressure of this forum that calls itself the voice of the entire group of active players?
You don't need to see profits, you need to see feedback. Steam has that, and every pack to this date has had positive feedback, from positive to very positive (the only exception being the South America pack, although it went from positive to mixed only relatively recently)

I get you are from either Europe, North América or Ocenia, which are indeed well represented in game

As a South american myself i just want the same for my continent. The capuchin monkey alone is not enough to cover new world primate representation that is actually found in zoos. We need at least another one. And monkeys like the spider, howler and saki are all popular, common in zoos and of Big size.

The ocelot is widespread across the whole of the american continent and common in zoos so it has merit to be added and considered as important as the cougar since it ocupies a different noche and would give us another small(ish) cat.

The rhea and the mara are not just common in zoos and petting zoo áreas but are also very common here and the rhea in particular is also widely spread across the southamerican Grasslands and deserts.

The coati is one of the most requested animals in the community, fun arboreal and a carnivore that is also not a cat nor a dog. Same can be said about the Tamandua about the non carnivores arboreal critters.

Not to mention all that is missing in exhibit animals like the anaconda or flying birds.

One thing i would agree on is that is pretty much it that is really needed for SA to be as fairly represented as Europe and Oceania at the very least, because those are the big names for us southamericans that are still missing.

Things like the pudu, Andean porcupine, agouti, Bush dog, even the spectacled bear, etc. are all nice but not really something that is essential for me for good continent Rep.

Last edited:
You don't need to see profits, you need to see feedback. Steam has that, and every pack to this date has had positive feedback, from positive to very positive (the only exception being the South America pack, although it went from positive to mixed only relatively recently)
Feedback is nothing if it is not reflected in profit. Or are we no longer talking about a company whose sole purpose is profit? It's sad that a small group of players influence the feedback.

Feedback is nothing if it is not reflected in profit. Or are we no longer talking about a company whose sole purpose is profit? It's sad that a small group of players influence the feedback.
It's been stayed in the past that they get feedback from all over, not just here

Top Bottom