Zoopedia for plants

It could be cool if plants in planet zoo have a own zoopedia like animals. The plant zoopedia don’t have to detailed but provide a brief info about them. Their common name, scientific name, continent and countries, their habitat, and fun facts could be include in plant zoopedia for each plant in the game.

I'd like this as well, and it would also be great if there was a section to say where the plants can grow outside of their natural environment. The swiss cheese plant, for example, is fully tropical, but it actually can be grown in some temperate environments - I have one in my house in New Zealand. It would be super useful information to have.

I'd love this, as I'm woefully ignorant of botanical things. I think a lot of zoos do this to a certain extent as well. (I know I've seen little signs around my zoos saying what plant I'm looking at).

Although based on how many correction threads we've seen regarding animal traits and biomes, I am a little nervous about how many threads these forums would end up with once we started correcting all of the plantpedias too!

Yeah you especally see that a lot in tropical houses, most of them being as much about the plants as they are about the animals, you just dont realise as the casual visitor (not that there is anyone to blame, its not like i know what im looking at and bother to read all the little signs and text)
Funnily enough, I've actually started reading the little plant plaques at gardens and zoos since playing PZ. They are fascinating when you start to understand them.

I wish i would have been to a zoo since the pandemic started. The last zoo i visited was the one in lissabon on a classtrip in 2019 and man that zoo was ugly.
But the selection of animals were great, even though most of the habitats were still clearly very old, but everything that was newer was also great.

Plus one - I studied Botany in a previous life (and Botanical Nomenclature is everywhere - Bast@@ised Latin is everywhere too - it's like a plantspiracy - or the Da Vinci Plant or the X-Phylum's) - so all for this ++++ (four bonus pluses). :)

Last edited:
I fully support this idea! Would really, really love it.

I'd made a similar thread a long time ago about a zoopedia for the diseases because that way you know better what the animals are suffering from and you can learn about them.
Something that i always enjoyed in Zoo Tycoon 2 was reading about the enrichment items. Something like that would also be amazing (but that is a new idea/thread thingy all together lol)

Would be great. But they would need to do better Research before because some Plants have wrong Biomes/Continents assigned to them.
Would be nice to have Informations like in which Temperatures it can survive so People that like to build realistic won't need to google that much.

The swiss cheese plant, for example, is fully tropical, but it actually can be grown in some temperate environments
Which Temperatures can they survive? Never heard of it

Although based on how many correction threads we've seen regarding animal traits and biomes, I am a little nervous about how many threads these forums would end up with once we started correcting all of the plantpedias too!
A lot🙃

Yes please! And maybe name it Plantpedia or Florapedia?
Botanopedia

I'd made a similar thread a long time ago about a zoopedia for the diseases because that way you know better what the animals are suffering from and you can learn about them
Would also like something like this

Which Temperatures can they survive? Never heard of it
Couldn't tell you specifics, but the plant is actually called the Monstera deliciosa. It originated in the tropical rainforests of Mexico and Central America, but it's a common houseplant in temperate countries such as the US, Australia, NZ, and in Europe.

Couldn't tell you specifics, but the plant is actually called the Monstera deliciosa. It originated in the tropical rainforests of Mexico and Central America, but it's a common houseplant in temperate countries such as the US, Australia, NZ, and in Europe.
Pretty sure they are also from South America. Never seen one planted outside here. Maybe the Winters are a bit too cold here. But they also seem to be a little bit hard to get where I live. Only seen the Plant sold in a Shop one single Time. Luckily I've bought one
Edit: just googled it. The Minimum Temperature for the Plant seems to be around 10°C. Maybe you've seen it once outside but the Owner moves the Plant inside when it gets too cold?

Last edited:
Yea, supposedly the plant also do not like direct sunlight,l so that is why its better as an indoor plant. Also planned to have one in my flat, but its toxic to cats so I cant have it because my cat bites any plant she sees.

???

I don't live in a greenhouse. My house is a temperate environment.
I also don't live in a Greenhouse but I still was able to grow lots of Plants that aren't temperate🙃
Just need to know when the perfect Time for it is and/or simulate the necessary Climate somehow

Top Bottom