All the answers from "AMA II: Question Boogaloo - Arthur, Bruce, Stephen & Paul" collated into one post

Couldnt you unironically just sum up your weekly AMA-smoke and mirror moves with: "No, no plans, not this time, total fiction," ? Would save everyone a lot of time. No I did not drop a /s here, gj for summing it up but honestly: These things are useless. Why do this when there are neither plans nor the willingness to tell the community anything about how there are no plans?
Couldn't agree more

Thanks Stuart!

Damn, once again I missed the chance to submit my question... If anyone here interested by it can put it in the next AMA, it'd be lovely... Here it is:

"Could you elaborate on how high, low or lack of gravity will be handled by spacelegs on the ground (or in stations)? Would love it to have a sensible impact on gameplay and level design"

Thanks Stuart!

Damn, once again I missed the chance to submit my question... If anyone here interested by it can put it in the next AMA, it'd be lovely... Here it is:

"Could you elaborate on how high, low or lack of gravity will be handled by spacelegs on the ground (or in stations)? Would love it to have a sensible impact on gameplay and level design"

recon the answer will be:
There are a lot of Odyssey questions I will follow up with an official post on the forums

Thanks Stuart!

We may see this for ourselves in the next Dev diary ... it's about combat. I should imagine gravity plays a part in tactics.

*Q: Has the team considered using the foundations of CQC but allow players to use their own ships? Ideally, a cmdr could dock at a station go to the CQC contact and arrange to join a competition using one of their own ships. This would be done via telepresence or virtual simulation (to keep it in lore and lower the cost of rebuys). There could be different classes of fights (small ships, medium, large, unlimited class).

This is a great idea! It's not one I'd heard about/considered previously but definitely one to discuss as and when we come to making large changes to CQC and PvP.

LoL
Btw the last Q is the best! Sorry fdev.

I think this one was my favorite :ROFLMAO: Sums up the practically every AMA event with FDev. I swear the CM team is trolling us all with these AMAs 🤪

I guess this kind of posts are good to keep the community engaged, so thanks for doing this. However, most of your replies are quite underwhelming:

"I'll pass it along"
"There are no plans at the moment"
"We don't have anything to announce"
"We don't have any details to share"
"We can't confirm anything about that"

Any chance we could get an AMA with the people actually doing the decision making in Elite? The Lead Designer maybe?

Thanks.
There are no plans for that at the moment - Arf

Thanks Stuart!

no information at this time

I do appreciate that they're doing these, but really, what else could/would people ask about besides Odyssey? That, and asking about/for fixes and making suggestions.

no it wouldn't

He's got a point.

Would you rather get served what they cook up, or would you like your cook to pretend to listen to what you like to eat only to completely and dab on anything you just said, ignoring your opinion and serving you what THEY want regardless?

What FDev is pulling here is just salting the wound with extra steps.

Thanks for collating that info, the AMA's occur when I'm doing the school run, so I don't have time to take part in them, and the thought of wading through an entire thread one dev post click at a time is wearysome, so having this all packaged up in one place is a handy resource (y)

they are not the cook in this scenario, more waiters than cooks that are taking your requests to the cooks
Exactly this.

There are two possible options:
1) what they are doing, answering the questions they can, passing the ones they think can be answered back to the devs, and "no comment" -ing the ones they cant comment on
2) go back to having no communications.

Option 2 gets the CMs abused on their own forums. And now option 1 also, after what, a grand total of 2 AMAs?

What a shower some of you are (not you SCiARA!).

There are two possible options:
1) what they are doing, answering the questions they can, passing the ones they think can be answered back to the devs, and "no comment" -ing the ones they cant comment on

They demonstrably aren't allowed to answer nearly anything people want to ask, which leads us to . . .

2) go back to having no communications.

If they can't answer questions, which they clearly can't, there is no difference between these Ask Me Nothings and no communication with the exception that they pretend to be willing to share info with the Ask Me Nothings.

The only things they've responded to are confirmations of the bugs they are aware of and that they are open to suggestions, which has been the bulk of this forum for year after year after year to absolutely no avail. If it's true they are open to suggestions, someone should notify them of their own forums. We have all seen loads of good ideas and valid criticisms and precisely nothing has happened.

In other words, "Yeah, sure, we're listening champ!"

Option 2 gets the CMs abused on their own forums. And now option 1 also, after what, a grand total of 2 AMAs?

Community wants insights and info
FD Tactic 1) Say nothing
FD Tactic 2) Tell community to "ask them anything", say nothing.

"But FD will get abused no matter which option they choose!!!" (y)

Q: I guess this kind of posts are good to keep the community engaged, so thanks for doing this. However, most of your replies are quite underwhelming:
"I'll pass it along"
"There are no plans at the moment"
"We don't have anything to announce"
"We don't have any details to share"
"We can't confirm anything about that"
Any chance we could get an AMA with the people actually doing the decision making in Elite? The Lead Designer maybe?

There are no plans for that at the moment
Thinking it over, that last question was a bit naughty... we've endured two years of nigh on absolute radio silence, now we've got a CM team going above and beyond to engage with us, and someone is taking a pop at them for the guys having to tow the company line on certain points, that's a bit of a low blow matey. Jibes like this might be "why we didn't get nice things" - The CM's would get paid the same for loitering in the shadows and lobbing up the odd post when there was something to announce, or info that could be declassified, and that is exactly what we had before. I'm sure they guys are bursting to tell us all the cool stuff as much as we are itching to find it out, but their hands are tied in what they can and cannot divulge as dictated to them by higher powers, and while it might be frustrating when your "freedom of information request" types of questions get stonewalled with "classified" there is still a lot more we know now than we did before the AMA series started.

As a player of five years now, I feel currently more informed about the direction of the game and more engaged with the CM team, and thus more amiable towards the company, than I did this time last year, or the year before that. So I personally genuinely appreciate the AMAs and find cheapshots that may jeopardize their continuation somewhat distasteful.

Top Bottom