Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

yes that is all true, however and this we don't need to hide because that's known, to me the two best endings are the Sun ending, where V take the last big job no one can do, and it ends with a cliffhanger, or leaving with Panam, to me they are the only endings i like for my V.

Now adding the new ending the emotions are getting on a roller-coaster from a story telling point of view, and yes the conversation you have with Johnny is also sad, but!! it's what comes after that, so I'm got to describe it in the spoiler and you can the choose not to look.

You loose everything in the new ending but you survive, as a normal NPC, you're now weak and can never become what you were, all your friends are gone and you're only a shadow of what you were, no Johnny, no Panam or Judy no fame no respect, and when you watch the ending cut scene it's just so freaking sad.
Its sad if you cling to the past- its a mirror image of temperance in that its a clean break (plus its dodgy writing for some characters). And as I said, it sets up V as a Morgan Blackhand solo operator if he so wishes, or use (from CP lore) bioware which works differently to cyberware. That, and not being reliant on cyber gear that when rouge AI break through the Blackwall.

In essence the new ending is V being free to do what he wants, he has his life. Plus, he / she gives a little smirk at the end too, just before turning round.

Its sad if you cling to the past- its a mirror image of temperance in that its a clean break (plus its dodgy writing for some characters). And as I said, it sets up V as a Morgan Blackhand solo operator if he so wishes, or use (from CP lore) bioware which works differently to cyberware. That, and not being reliant on cyber gear that when rouge AI break through the Blackwall.

In essence the new ending is V being free to do what he wants, he has his life. Plus, he / she gives a little smirk at the end too, just before turning round.
well I find it very sad, and not my V's ending that's for sure :) Blaze of Glory all the way, he/she go out at the peak of his/her arc.

Doesn't sound so bad to me.

well I find it very sad, and not my V's ending that's for sure :) Blaze of Glory all the way, he/she go out at the peak of his/her arc.
Its a fun ending, but its also hollow since V also loses his / her boy/ girlfriend, and goes all in on the danger since they are almost dead. Its only Mr Blue Eyes' promise that gives you hope.

Its a fun ending, but its also hollow since V also loses his / her boy/ girlfriend, and goes all in on the danger since they are almost dead. Its only Mr Blue Eyes' promise that gives you hope.
Well sure but V is all about glory remember what Dex asked V at the begining?

Would you rather live in peace as Mr. Nobody, die ripe, old and smellin' slightly of urine? Or go down for all times in a glaze of glory, smellin' near like posies, 'thout seein' your thirtieth?

V also said
It's a city of dreams... and I'm a big dreamer!

V didn't want the quiet life, and it's pretty obvious if you see many of the time he talks to Johnny.

V to Johnny
"I Just Want The World To Know I Was Here, That I Mattered."

Well sure but V is all about glory remember what Dex asked V at the begining?

V also said

V didn't want the quiet life, and it's pretty obvious if you see many of the time he talks to Johnny.

V to Johnny
You can answer two ways, blaze of glory or quiet life. You can (at various points) also continue that line of thinking in the dialogue and how you go about things. One of the themes of NC and CP2077 is how far you'd go and what you lose, and over time Johnny starts to mellow out as he understands your position and choices (post oil field chat).

You can answer two ways, blaze of glory or quiet life. You can (at various points) also continue that line of thinking in the dialogue and how you go about things. One of the themes of NC and CP2077 is how far you'd go and what you lose, and over time Johnny starts to mellow out as he understands your position and choices (post oil field chat).
Plus, you can have an idea of what you want from life pre-heist, and have all of that upturned by your experiences. Our motivations and desires can grow and change as a result of what we live through.

Plus, you can have an idea of what you want from life pre-heist, and have all of that upturned by your experiences. Our motivations and desires can grow and change as a result of what we live through.
Somehow none of the characters I played in table top Cyberpunk RPG ever had a quiet life. It's not that they were "edgerunners" - our GM just threw so many bullets at us.

Somehow none of the characters I played in table top Cyberpunk RPG ever had a quiet life. It's not that they were "edgerunners" - our GM just threw so many bullets at us.
Ah, plenty characters in tabletop games I've played in or run have chosen to retire to one at the end of the campaign though, when they live to see it. They'd been shot at quite enough for one lifetime and made enough to live quite comfortably in perpetuity.

Ah, plenty characters in tabletop games I've played in or run have chosen to retire to one at the end of the campaign though, when they live to see it. They'd been shot at quite enough for one lifetime and made enough to live quite comfortably in perpetuity.
I spent most of my earnings in ammo, kevlar and guns. And chrome of course.

Anyone know if the soon to be released Ultimate Edition offers anything over what you would get from buying the Base Game and Phantom Liberty DLC separately ?
By my reckoning on the Epic Store buying the Cyberpunk + DLC now would cost £30 (with the 33% discount).

I can't imagine that the Ultimate Edition will be selling for that price when it comes out...

Anyone know if the soon to be released Ultimate Edition offers anything over what you would get from buying the Base Game and Phantom Liberty DLC separately ?
By my reckoning on the Epic Store buying the Cyberpunk + DLC now would cost £30 (with the 33% discount).

I can't imagine that the Ultimate Edition will be selling for that price when it comes out...
I assume it will sell at a discount,

Seems that Epic Store now calls the Cyberpunk + Phantom Liberty DLC bundle the Ultimate Edition; which you can buy now - even though it's should officially release on 5th December...

I bought a second hand xbox one cyberpunk controller in excellent/new condition from my local pawn shop (cex, they're not that bad). Paid quite a bit less than the going rate on ebay, so very happy.

Also boo that the retail ps ultimate edition only has a code for the dlc, and there's no reversible cover either.

Im going throw out a subjective conclusion.. i think this is the last good game from cdpr, or at least once which will be appealing to me directly, so its probably time to raise a glass to cyberpunk and the original witcher trilogy for raising the bar every time.

Im going throw out a subjective conclusion.. i think this is the last good game from cdpr, or at least once which will be appealing to me directly, so its probably time to raise a glass to cyberpunk and the original witcher trilogy for raising the bar every time.
Not holding out much hope with their choice of engine to switch to. CP77 highlights the scalability of RedEngine nicely with how it can go from fully path traced RT Overdrive managing 60+ FPS at the top end on a decent system with a 4090 and an X3D CPU, to still maintaining 60 on Series S and looking reasonably good while doing so, meanwhile Immortals of Aveum, a UE5 title, runs at 60 on the S at an upscaled 436p with almost all the world detail stripped out (Although it hits its target more consistently than the Series X or PS5 versions, ironically making it a better experience in that regard), more like we expect from a Switch port, while some other UE5 titles don't even have a performance mode on that console.

(As an aside, upscaling from that kind of base internal resolution Immortals runs at on Series S is how I got CP77 to hit 60fps at all low settings on an old laptop RX 580 from 2017)

26% downloaded.

I'm just not sure why though. I keep downloading these updates and then not picking the game up again. I've played it for 15 hours since release and I can't seem to get in to it.

Oh well. Maybe this time!?

26% downloaded.

I'm just not sure why though. I keep downloading these updates and then not picking the game up again. I've played it for 15 hours since release and I can't seem to get in to it.

Oh well. Maybe this time!?
Well, it should be the last time you ever need to update it. So now you won't have the excuse of "I'll just wait for the next one before I start".

I see the dlc is "only" 15% discounted on steam...
Considering i got the base game with a 50% discount, I guess i may wait some more since i dont really have time to sink in CP yet and i intend that my first playthrough will be with the latest dlc/patch

Top Bottom