European Pack Wishlist

The biggest joke about everyone suggesting that europe does not have enough animals for a pack is, that they seem to have lost the ability to count.
For a normal pack you need 4 habitat animals, and as the pack for a country pack proves its not hard to find 4 cool animals for every country, you just need to actually look what lives there.
But hey bless the ignorant or something
I think the point here is the word 'essential' rather than it being a numbers game, but I'd still disagree anyway - plenty of European species are "essential".

I think the idea of a European pack is flawed, because Europe has few animals that would be considered "essential zoo animals"
I have to disagree, I have zoos in my country with ONLY native animals. And besides "odd" zoo animals is what I would like to have, because in zoo tycoon 2 it was all the "normal" zoo animals, so it would be fun having some new ones. Besides this is a game, so any animal could be included, not only the popular ones.

The biggest joke about everyone suggesting that europe does not have enough animals for a pack is, that they seem to have lost the ability to count.
For a normal pack you need 4 habitat animals, and as the pack for a country pack proves its not hard to find 4 cool animals for every country, you just need to actually look what lives there.
But hey bless the ignorant or something
Yeah, Europe is a big place with many different species!

I agree with you completely why is there so few Mediterranean species in the game?? 😅 We definitely need more.
If I could be so brave to suggest that we even could have one pack for Northern Europe and one for the Mediterranean 😊 Then we could have a prehistoric theme for northern Europe, as someone previously mentioned and then a ancient greek theme for the southern Europe! With pretty pillars, marble buildings and obelisks as statues and so one!

Lets see what i get from the top of my head:
  • 1 redfox
  • 2 Arctic fox
  • 3 European badger
  • 4 red squirrel
  • 5 european polecat
  • 6 european wildcat
  • 7 lynx
  • 8 beech/european pine marten
  • 9 mink
  • 10 european river otter
  • 11 barbary macace
  • 12 european hare
  • 13 roedeer
  • 14 fallow deer
  • 15 red deer
  • 16 moose
  • 17 wolverine
  • 18 mute swan
  • 19 mallard
  • 20 Western capercaile
  • 21 eurasian pheasent
  • 22 harbour seal
  • 23 alpine ibex
  • 24 chamois
  • 25 black backed jackal
  • 26 crested porcupine
  • 27 european bison
  • 28 european beaver
  • 29 alpine marmot
  • 30 wild boar

Here are already 30 of the top of my head that would be worthwile inclusions to the game.
Do you want me to continue?
It would be my pleasure

Lets see what i get from the top of my head:
  • 1 redfox
  • 2 Arctic fox
  • 3 European badger
  • 4 red squirrel
  • 5 european polecat
  • 6 european wildcat
  • 7 lynx
  • 8 beech/european pine marten
  • 9 mink
  • 10 european river otter
  • 11 barbary macace
  • 12 european hare
  • 13 roedeer
  • 14 fallow deer
  • 15 red deer
  • 16 moose
  • 17 wolverine
  • 18 mute swan
  • 19 mallard
  • 20 Western capercaile
  • 21 eurasian pheasent
  • 22 harbour seal
  • 23 alpine ibex
  • 24 chamois
  • 25 black backed jackal
  • 26 crested porcupine
  • 27 european bison
  • 28 european beaver
  • 29 alpine marmot
  • 30 wild boar

Here are already 30 of the top of my head that would be worthwile inclusions to the game.
Do you want me to continue?
It would be my pleasure
This is ridiculous, none of these animals can be considered "essential" except for the porcupine, boar, and the deer. Maybe the fox too.

If I could be so brave to suggest that we even could have one pack for Northern Europe and one for the Mediterranean 😊 Then we could have a prehistoric theme for northern Europe, as someone previously mentioned and then a ancient greek theme for the southern Europe! With pretty pillars, marble buildings and obelisks as statues and so one!
I would love a Nordic pack, an Alpine pack, a Mediterranean pack and an eastern steppes and forest pack but unfortunately I don’t think we will get a whole year devoted to Europe.

But I’m not too keen on classical architecture for a zoo game. I know some people love to build regardless of how realistic it is but despite the recent much-needed mesh pieces we still lack lots of pieces which would be helpful in building realistic zoos and Europe might be a good opportunity to get those.

However given that the Arctic DLC gave us the opportunity to build a Frozen film theme park rather than an actual zoo with pieces reflecting actual Scandinavian/Nordic zoos and normal architecture, I’m not that confident.

If a Europe pack was a standard 4+1 pack with a building theme, I would hope that the building theme is a prehistoric one. This is a theme that has been used by zoos across Europe and could include representations of prehistoric cave art depicting species completely extinct (such as woolly mammoths and rhinos), species lost to Europe (such as spotted hyenas and lions) and familiar native species (including reindeer, grey seals, wolves, lynx and ibex) - the picture below is from Schmiding Zoo in Austria.

It could also include mock-up skeletons and models of some extinct Ice Age species (the picture below shows an example of a woolly rhino statue used to theme a European section of Gaiazoo in the Netherlands) or examples of Ice Age sculptures such as the Hohlenstein-Stadel lion man.

As for the animals, my top choices would be the Iberian lynx, the Alpine ibex, the Dalmatian pelican and something small such as a red squirrel, with an exhibit animal being either the Mallorcan midwife toad, the fire salamander (in a new temperate exhibit) or the olm (in a new cave exhibit). For an animal pack, species such as the fallow deer, European badger, wolverine, golden jackal or perhaps even one of the eider ducks - either the European or king eider - which would add another cold-tolerant diving species.
Olms would be amazing!

This is ridiculous, none of these animals can be considered "essential" except for the porcupine, boar, and the deer. Maybe the fox too.
That is the fun part - it is totally subjective. I for one dont consider the wild boar essential at all. Never seen it in a zoo, and I am from Europe.

That is the fun part - it is totally subjective. I for one dont consider the wild boar essential at all. Never seen it in a zoo, and I am from Europe.
I’ve seen them in about 20 I think. Not at the top of my list but definitely one I hope they include.

Ooh... yes. Or something like this:

European woodlands:
Red deer
Alpine ibex
Eurasian river otter / Red fox
European badger
- European adder

Mediterranean:
Fallow deer
Iberian lynx
Barbary macaque
European hare
- Fire salamander

I would love a Nordic pack, an Alpine pack, a Mediterranean pack and an eastern steppes and forest pack but unfortunately I don’t think we will get a whole year devoted to Europe.

But I’m not too keen on classical architecture for a zoo game. I know some people love to build regardless of how realistic it is but despite the recent much-needed mesh pieces we still lack lots of pieces which would be helpful in building realistic zoos and Europe might be a good opportunity to get those.

However given that the Arctic DLC gave us the opportunity to build a Frozen film theme park rather than an actual zoo with pieces reflecting actual Scandinavian/Nordic zoos and normal architecture, I’m not that confident.
I think there are many pieces that could help create an nordic zoo, pieces from the artic pack, like previously mentioned, and also from the aquatic pack, where you can build red houses with white knots. But maybe you wanted some other kind of style?

I agree, I would not have thought wild boar to be essential, nor a red fox, which is what i said in my thread start. Since those are quite common animals to see in the wild. Especially roedeer, i see those all the time outside my home .. saw two of them about two hours ago. In nordic zoos with native animals, people want to see the wolfs, bears, wolwerines and lynxes, and right now only the gray wolf is in the game. But I do really want to see those uncommon zoo animals in the game though! Since it has not been done before from what I know, a red fox would be beatiful!

Ooh... yes. Or something like this:

European woodlands:
Red deer
Alpine ibex
Eurasian river otter / Red fox
European badger
- European adder

Mediterranean:
Fallow deer
Iberian lynx
Barbary macaque
European hare