Pre-built ships : a question

It's a question for the devs as I forgot to ask something in latest stream.
What I think we know :
  • pre-built ships have no insurance, like starting Sidewinder.
  • they get insurance cost if we change modules

But : what if I'm an idiot and sell my pre-built ship ? 😁

rebuy it.. Like you do with a sidewinder
That's the question : you get the starting Sidewinder option when you die in your ship. It's not sold. Are pre-built ships in permanent list of sold ships ? Are they put with the Starting Sidewinder ? In a separate list ? If I sell the ship (for 0 credits), do I loose it or can I permanently buy it for 0cr if I don't already have one stored somewhere ? etc etc, the first question is short but I know the answer might only be given in next stream :)

But : what if I'm an idiot and sell my pre-built ship ? 😁
I have no idea how they will handle it, but my guess is that one of these:
  • If you sell it, you lose it. Don't sell it. (Maybe you'll get a warning about it when you try to sell it.)
  • You can't sell it. The option to sell doesn't appear, or you get a message that it's not sellable.
  • There will be a new option to respawn it for free. (Not an infinite money exploit because selling it doesn't give you any CR anyway.)

If you sell any ship currently, which I would assume would be by accident, support will put it back for you- once. FDev will know themselves how likely that is from the current number of tickets for that. I would assume if they're getting loads that they'll put something in place to stop you selling it so support aren't being pestered with this every 5 minutes.

I do feel there should be a button that is :"restore purchased ships"
this would also help lower grief if anyone resets their save.
It checks if the purchased ship is in your lineup or not, then chucks out any credit items on it into storage and replaces them with the ZERO cost arx items.
(Cause I remember a mention somewhere that the items on them cannot be moved to other ships.)
and if you sold it or you deleted your save it goes and pops it in.
this would also stop a new player replacing things on their purchased type-6 then realizing "oh no I made it so worse and I am terrible at outfitting... please put it back the way it was."

I have another question for the team, depending on how ships are handled : how many ships of the same build will we be able to buy/have at the same time ?

I get the impression people think that FDev have a complete plan when they are announcing such things. History should have told everybody that this is not the case. They are learning on the go. Thus they most probably can't answer these questions just yet. Give 'em time.

I have another question for the team, depending on how ships are handled : how many ships of the same build will we be able to buy/have at the same time ?
If you go to the shop and try to purchase a paintjob for example, that you already own, it will say "You own this item" and this phrase will replace the buttons to buy or add the item to cart.

I expect the pre-built ship shop items to work in the same manner.

I get the impression people think that FDev have a complete plan when they are announcing such things. History should have told everybody that this is not the case. They are learning on the go. Thus they most probably can't answer these questions just yet. Give 'em time.
I'm not asking for answers immediately. That's only questions, they may answer if they want, and when they want. No obligations

Ah, they're running the company the same way they design the game. :p

I'm not asking for answers immediately. That's only questions, they may answer if they want, and when they want. No obligations
Most probably they will never answer, but simply show it. Then people will point out the problems with the solution, then they will fix that. Which will break other things that again are pointed out by players. Then they will fix it more. Rinse, repeat.

It depends how they are coded in the shop, we can’t buy 20 of the same ship kit.
Yeah, I'd imagine there'll be something like that, especially since cosmetics are part of the package. I was just thinking on a practical level that if someone maybe did decide that this is what they really wanted to spend their money on, there doesn't really seem to be much reason to do it (apart from "because I wanted to"). By all accounts, neither ship is something you'd use long term.

Would there actually be a problem if anyone wanted to buy 20 of these?

Well, if one wants to support the game, they only need to buy Arx, not ships
No idea how much arx can one have in their account - i guess it depends on the integer size they provisioned for that field 😂

Yes but the mind boggles at "someone" wanting a fleet of identical ships.
I remember a post on this forum. Somebody showing off how they spent hours, days, weeks doing nothing in the game but combat just to get to the top of the Inara combat leaderboard. It finished with them saying that combat was now boring. This forum is full of stuff like that where there is no logical reason for someone to have done something, other than they wanted to and to top it off, then they complain about having done it.

So it absolutely would not surprise me if someone did buy a load of these ships and then put the cherry on the cake by complaining about how much they cost in some rage quit post. Assuming it is possible to do so, which as suggested it probably won't be and likely in part for that reason

Top Bottom