SC to target

I'm sure tis has been mentioned before but I'm darned if I can find it...

It would a nice little QoL touch if you could press a bind to SCA to a target chosen from your cockpit. And, also, in the nav panel, have your destination target highlighted in (for example) orange so it stood out a bit more. Like it does now when you plot route to your FC.

Apologies if this is a

1713360024371.png

There are more popular dead horses to flog, so this doesn't come up as frequently, but it's one of the first things I have ever wondered when I was learning the game: why no binds for SCA (or to request docking permission)?

I seem to remember reading that one of the reasons would be that it could lead into botting (it would certainly make it much easier to automate it all through a macro), but I can't tell whether that was just speculation or there was some formal acknowledgement.

To add to the suggestion, the nav panel should not auto-update as you travel. It should be a snap-shot of the system at the moment you opened it with a refresh button.

Reason:
1) In a busy system the items in the nav panel bounce around as you travel, making it very difficult to select an item.

2) When I know that a POI is 1,340 Ls away the quickest way to find it in a big list of items sorted by distance is to scroll down to an item 1,340Ls away. But because I am traveling towards the POI it when I look in the nav panel it is no longer 1,340Ls away. Instead it is a different distance bouncing around with all the other items in the nav panel.

3) I would hope that as the game progresses (?) systems will get many more POIs. In theory a busy system should have hundreds of POIs showing up in the nav panel. It should be easier to find and select items. In the interest of making the game more expandable this would be a good idea.

Top Bottom