Tactical Core Chips on Horizons

Spire sites do exists (I can see it in the "1" panel), but it appears they're all located inside worlds with atmosphere (so Horizons players can reach the surface).

In fact, according with this:

There is no Spire Site discovered in a not atmosphere planet.

Spire sites do exists (I can see it in the "1" panel), but it appears they're all located inside worlds with atmosphere (so Horizons players can reach the surface).

In fact, according with this:

There is no Spire Site discovered in a not atmosphere planet.

Then you're out of luck, I'm afraid.
It was an utterly stupid design choice to make a ship upgrade dependent on an EDO-only material tbh.

Do Horizon players see and can land in Odyssey settlements on non-atmospheric planets? I guess the answer is "No" but haven't tested it. But if the answer is "Yes" one could find Revenants this way and shoot them either from ship or SRV.

An equitable solution would be adding Revenants to Horizon surface installations in thargoid controlled systems. Maybe even to thargoid surface sites (downed motherships from the last war).

Do Horizon players see and can land in Odyssey settlements on non-atmospheric planets? I guess the answer is "No" but haven't tested it. But if the answer is "Yes" one could find Revenants this way and shoot them either from ship or SRV.

An equitable solution would be adding Revenants to Horizon surface installations in thargoid controlled systems. Maybe even to thargoid surface sites (downed motherships from the last war).
I want to remember that yes, you can land at Odyssey settlements on non-atmospherics in Horizons, but they are not populated. I think I heard that some time ago, but I never checked it myself.

Turns out that the only thing worse than Odyssey being completely isolated from the ship game is Odyssey not being completely isolated from the ship game, then?

Horizons was of course considerably more heavily tied in for this - you couldn't engineer your "not doing anything on a surface" spaceship at all without it, or get any Guardian modules at all, or even most of the basic AX weapons (at the time): you'd basically not be able to fight Thargoids at all without it 2017-2020. By that standard one blueprint of disputed usefulness is relatively mild.

Which of the following is true might be hard to say, of course:
- virtually every war-active player (in contrast to players more generally!) has Odyssey anyway so Frontier didn't expect it to be a big issue
- it's deliberate by Frontier to encourage more people to buy Odyssey
- the team just picked some thematically appropriate parts and didn't consider that one was Odyssey-exclusive

Which of the following is true might be hard to say, of course:
  • virtually every war-active player (in contrast to players more generally!) has Odyssey anyway so Frontier didn't expect it to be a big issue
  • it's deliberate by Frontier to encourage more people to buy Odyssey
  • the team just picked some thematically appropriate parts and didn't consider that one was Odyssey-exclusive

Were I to guess, I think that yes would be a quick summary of the likely answer! The thematic, mostly-unobtrusive material which invites a few more Odyssey upgrades sounds like it would be a quite plausible justification.

With the goal earlier of testing Shards versus Titan Oya within the slim time remaining, the initial worry for me was that I have almost no on-foot equipment nor much idea what to do! I thought then to try buying Tactical Core Chips, which lead to the discovery that they are actually a starship material and cannot be bought, in turn discovering that I acquired several just after update 16 due to using Collector limpets over a Barnacle Matrix while bombing Revenants for a Commander on the ground.

Turns out that the only thing worse than Odyssey being completely isolated from the ship game is Odyssey not being completely isolated from the ship game, then?

Apples and oranges. Horizons 4.0 players not allowed to instance with Odyssey-players in space is what has always been bad, not the separation of ship engineering from on-foot equipment upgrades.

Yes, you can land in Odyssey settlements if they are on planets without any atmosphere. It's quite eerie to look into living quarters or the bar, totally deserted.

Yes, you can land in Odyssey settlements if they are on planets without any atmosphere. It's quite eerie to look into living quarters or the bar, totally deserted.
That leaves one question: do Reverants exist in Horizons 4.0 at all and do they spawn in the settlements in Control systems? (Technically it's two questions, but whatever...)

Top Bottom