Tactical Core Chips on Horizons

I see people is discussing this issue. That's right.

I'm gonna take a look at Wilkin's Obligation in HIP 21112 8 f, thanks for the point.

Odyssey... another bunch of repetitive tasks.. (hamster wheels) -no doubt, nevertheless, fascinating the very first time we do it-... first person shooter... bufff, If I look for that, I switch to Doom or Atomic Heart, or Metro... I mean, is not an issue of price, is an issue of... I reject to use my time to unlock Odyssey features.
I would spend my free time in explore new worlds... when we can land on earth like worlds, water worlds, ammonia worlds... to have a terrific experience in a high gravity gas giant planet while ship gets desintegrated for their extreme conditions / forces / temperatures.... I mean, more close to the original space game premise of Elite Dangerous.
But for unlock a new bunch of engineers, to unlock weapons, and suits... to NOT have new extreme worlds to explore, with flora and fauna able to justify that unlock suits/weapons... C'mon, nope.

If I can't get Tactical Core Chips, I will keep using Ax human weapons!, what other thing I'm gonna do...!

BINGO for the lord
You might be in luck; Check Wilkin's Obligation in HIP 21112 8 f.
Bingo for the knight!.

I've travelled there.. and there are Revenants!. Unable to lock them, protected by some big thargoid interceptor. Lowering GeforceNow fps for the very first time I've seen. But there is hope for Horizons players!.
Great point about Wilkin's Obligation!!!

I will report if I can achieve myself with some tactical core chips using the dumb ax missiles.

Edit: YES. It is possible to acquire Tactical Core Chips.
Go to Wilkin's Obligation, get close and release two or three collector limpets, and use dumb missiles to kill Revenants. I can't see materials in the contact panel, but limpets are able to find them and collect them.
I'm using the cutter, big shield (no need to get too close), and still some place for ax multi cannon if I need to finish with interceptor or scouts.

Nevertheless, the best is, start, drop collector limpets, dumb missile the revenants around the base, collect the materials, and exit to the menu & repeat.
It's very possible to waste limpets trying to get a material impossible to reach. But exit, enter again in game, at 10km from the base and repeat again.

Bff... extremely boring. Specially when collector limpets get wasted and repeat and repeat.

Thank you all to find the way!!!

Last edited:
If you're attacking in a ship Pellisier's Command at Mapon 6 a might be an easier layout.
What is the trick to make limpets find anything and not commit suicide all the time?

Went there twice to see if I can find materials, but it kept going like this:
  • obligatory hyperdiction
  • obligatory interdictions
  • drop on the settlement, deploy limpets
  • nuke those little moving lights using missiles (I guess they all died, since the lights went off)
  • no materials visible on the left panel, but limpets must have seen something since they look busy
  • limpets don't collect anything, they just die somehow
  • 2 interceptors drop in the instance in about a minute
  • time to leave since obviously those 2 missile racks are not enough.
It's incredibly boring tbh. Do I also need to use a 30 fps limit or something?

What is the trick to make limpets find anything and not commit suicide all the time?

Went there twice to see if I can find materials, but it kept going like this:
  • obligatory hyperdiction
  • obligatory interdictions
  • drop on the settlement, deploy limpets
  • nuke those little moving lights using missiles (I guess they all died, since the lights went off)
  • no materials visible on the left panel, but limpets must have seen something since they look busy
  • limpets don't collect anything, they just die somehow
  • 2 interceptors drop in the instance in about a minute
  • time to leave since obviously those 2 missile racks are not enough.
It's incredibly boring tbh. Do I also need to use a 30 fps limit or something?
Boring. Boring like hell.

Keep trying. I was able to achieve 18 tactical core chips. Suicidal limpets are terrible, here and everywhere.
I was able to achieve 12 units (game dropped 4 materials) in an hour and a half.

Boooooooriiiing!.

Good luck!

Top Bottom