Tech Broker goodies

I wrote out my shopping list only to realise how long and challenging it is.
Any hoo, here's where (in no particular order) my hard earned commodities go: -

BOBBLEHEAD
10 Meta-Alloys
1 Thargoid Heart

CORROSION RESISTANT CARGO RACK
16 Meta-Alloys
22 Radiation Baffle
12 Neofabric Insulation
26 Iron
18 Chemical Manipulators

ENGINEERED DETAILED SURFACE SCANNER
26 Mechanical Scrap
22 Germanium
28 Mechanical Components
24 Niobium

ENGINEERED FRAME SHIFT DRIVE
26 Tellurium
26 Electrochemical Arrays
28 Chemical Processors
18 Datamined Wake Exceptions

SIRIUS HEAT SINK LAUNCHER
8 Mechanical Scrap
6 Niobium
6 Vanadium
5 Mechanical Components

GUARDIAN FSD BOOSTER
8 HN Shock Mount
1 Guardian Module Blueprint Fragment
21 Guardian Power Cell
21 Guardian Technology Component
24 Focus Crystals

Any of the Guardian SLFs

18 Datamined Wake Exceptions
That's one of the hardest to get materials in the game. The primary sources where you can get them is by scanning wakes and some mission rewards. In both cases it can take an eternity to get 18 of them.

Of course the standard go-to solution for how to get rare materials is to go to a material trader. However, being a grade-5 material, you'll have to trade other grade-5 materials at an exchange rate of 6-to-1. In other words, you need 108 eg. Modified Embedded Firmwares in order to get 18 Datamined Wake Exceptions.

I don't know which is faster overall, just scan wakes until you get 18 DWE's, or go farm the Jameson crash site for 108 other grade-5 encoded materials and then go to a trader. Either way, it's going to take some work (unless your inventory is already full of grade-5 encoded materials). :)

(Perhaps the only thing that rivals it in my experience is getting 16 meta-alloys. Can't even trade for those. Although currently you can get plenty of them from the destroyed Titan remains, which ought to make it much easier. But before the Titans it was quite hard.)

That's one of the hardest to get materials in the game. The primary sources where you can get them is by scanning wakes and some mission rewards. In both cases it can take an eternity to get 18 of them.

Of course the standard go-to solution for how to get rare materials is to go to a material trader. However, being a grade-5 material, you'll have to trade other grade-5 materials at an exchange rate of 6-to-1. In other words, you need 108 eg. Modified Embedded Firmwares in order to get 18 Datamined Wake Exceptions.

I don't know which is faster overall, just scan wakes until you get 18 DWE's, or go farm the Jameson crash site for 108 other grade-5 encoded materials and then go to a trader. Either way, it's going to take some work (unless your inventory is already full of grade-5 encoded materials). :)

(Perhaps the only thing that rivals it in my experience is getting 16 meta-alloys. Can't even trade for those. Although currently you can get plenty of them from the destroyed Titan remains, which ought to make it much easier. But before the Titans it was quite hard.)
Fastest but most mind numbing will be Jameson's Cobra.
Second route is to take a fast ship with wakescanner to an Orbital installation and scan the wakes as ships jump in and out.
The Spire Sabotage missions offer 9 MEF each and netted me 8 drives during the reduction of Oya.

I'd argue about eternity, i find those not too hard to obtain instead and faster than many other data. Firstly because of trade - imperial HGE award 9 to 15 Imperial Shielding (i would bet on 12 on average) = 16 Datamined Wake Exceptions traded for 96 Imperial Shielding. High pop Imp systems in Boom often have 2-3, sometimes even more HGEs. Doable in an hour or so.

But better way is to go to a system in Famine and hang at the Distribution Center. Every couple of mins 3-4 small ships will arrive and then jump out after a while, so it's an infinite source of wakes, and it feels they spawn faster than at a station. A chance to get Datamined Wake Exception from a scan is low, but, you're getting all these Strange Wake Solutions and stuff down to g1. By the time g1 bin is full, i'd hope to have at least the same 15-20 DWE at hand + all g4 to g1 that you can trade up to get some more. I tried it 2 or 3 times over a couple of years and it does not feel rly grindy. Firstly scanning with a long range wake scanner (5-7 km, unlikely more, so g3'd or so) - it's handy, if you position near distribution ships, you hardly even need to move, all wakes are in range. It's a bit boring though, as you scan like twice faster than those guys are producing wakes. My recent run i tried installing wake scanner on my iEagle otherwise outfitted for Planetary Ops, that wasn't in need of any other specific utility in the slot. No power to fit the long range scanner, but you then get to fly between the wakes, and while you fly, another wave of Adders is jumping in and out. Kind of more balanced. And you'll unlikely need to do it more than once a year, these are only used for FSD engi i thnik.

Last edited:
Oh yes, i guess i got so used to be full on Imperial Shielding and to dump it every other time for something else. Ofc you can't you right. Only 2nd part of post stands.

Do it, it's a must!
You will be shocked how well it works.
I will !!! Stupidly, I upgraded a DSS last week the old fashioned engineering way😔.
Thinking about this whole thing now, and as frontier will be reducing the material cost for said engineers.... that may well translate to the tech brokers also ???

Flimley

FC's sell alot of the items you need for Human and Guardian unlocks. Check on Inara. In can get credit expensive, but it does save time and credits seem easy enough to me.

Raw mats I go to the shard sites. Encoded is Jamesons. And Manufactured are HGE's. Cross trade as needed using the material traders at starports. Inara's nearest can show you where the materials traders are.

I do hope they tone down the engineering mats required and the cost of items at the tech brokers.

the pre-engineered DSS is also worth it - if you are into DSS-ing planets - since it outperforms the standard G5 DSS by quite a margin

I didn't know this (I have G5 expanded probe radius, which gives a 50% increase, specs are in my signature ). How much better is the pre-engineered one? Another reason to head back to the Bubble. Thanks, Northpin!
O7
V

I didn't know this (I have G5 expanded probe radius, which gives a 50% increase, specs are in my signature ). How much better is the pre-engineered one? Another reason to head back to the Bubble. Thanks, Northpin!
O7
V

this is the pre-engineered one.

1714135642386.png

Top Bottom