Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

Okay! With Col 285 Sector RH-B b14-4 underway and soon to be joined by INIV, we can include the next system by distance, which is Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-6.

We have INV Astral Flame HNZ-G1F inbound to Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-1 and buying for Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-6, but with plenty of margin between its market order and the actual strength for a @Captain-MD to deal some damage to the system in the meantime!

Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-3 Spire is toast o7

Moving onto US-Z b14-7, it is indeed rather popular, it's pretty chaos down there in open atm haha

I was gonna take a break for some evac but Muruidoges is done already too! On with the murder I guess 🤷

Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-3 Spire is toast o7

Indeed! Even if another remains this week, that specific site has been the greatest nuisance attacker for a while, and it is quite pleasing to see it go. The effort is tremendous, and we are trying to respect it as much as possible by reaching within the periphery to align double Spire removals and stop those efficacy-reducing Alerts before they occur.

Speaking of the periphery, we are storing some of the smaller 15% payloads for delivery after 85%, starting with Col 285 Sector RM-B b14-3. Nothing special is needed other than to avoid adopting the same systems, which I am updating on the week 74 list.

Alright, I've sold off the samples for Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-1 as planned and my carrier is back at Col 285 Sector SX-Z b14-1 with an empty hold that can be filled with more samples from anywhere if needed.
Also, I've confirmed that Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-1 is now cleared as expected.

Last edited:
I thought there was a post somewhere about relative value of tissue samples, evacuations, search and rescue, kills but can't find it. If one does exist could it be added to the first post please.

I'm trying to work out how much effort I'm wasting by hunting Orthrus instead of collecting tissue samples. Got 40 Orthrus yesterday thanks to SCO but if that's still only a fraction of what I could do via tissue samples I'd have to reconsider. Also intending to reduce my cargo rack from class 5 (32) to corrosion resistant class 4 (16) as not been collecting a tissue sample or two each time recently, and require fewer or no repair / decontamination limpets than I used to

I thought there was a post somewhere about relative value of tissue samples, evacuations, search and rescue, kills but can't find it. If one does exist could it be added to the first post please.

I can find it, but its inadequate host has deleted it!

I'm trying to work out how much effort I'm wasting by hunting Orthrus instead of collecting tissue samples. Got 40 Orthrus yesterday thanks to SCO but if that's still only a fraction of what I could do via tissue samples I'd have to reconsider.

One Orthrus was tested by @Carpets as being worth four Research samples at the time, and a more recent Orthrus hunt during the thirty Alerts week at M. Oya aimed to establish whether it is worth doing, with results here:
As for what you get, one Orthrus kill is worth approximately 3.14 tissue samples.
If Tissue Sampling is not something you're interested in, by all means, kill Orthruses! But in approximately 8 hours, I was able to find and kill about 20 of them, meaning it would take me about 40 hours just to clear a relatively small outlying Alert. By contrast, a tissue sampling player can generally achieve the same result in something like 2 hours, or approximately 20x faster. Highly-skilled tissue samplers have achieved rates around 500 samples/hour, or approximately 50x faster.

Also intending to reduce my cargo rack from class 5 (32) to corrosion resistant class 4 (16) as not been collecting a tissue sample or two each time recently, and require fewer or no repair / decontamination limpets than I used to

Be sure to obtain them from the Scouts and not the Orthrus; the glitchy Orthrus success rate for Research is extremely low! I forget whether I was using the frames change at the time, but I have a video somewhere with fifty limpets obtaining not a single Orthrus sample, and wider results averaging around 1% success rate.

I'm trying to work out how much effort I'm wasting by hunting Orthrus instead of collecting tissue samples. Got 40 Orthrus yesterday thanks to SCO but if that's still only a fraction of what I could do via tissue samples I'd have to reconsider. Also intending to reduce my cargo rack from class 5 (32) to corrosion resistant class 4 (16) as not been collecting a tissue sample or two each time recently, and require fewer or no repair / decontamination limpets than I used to
Latest version:

The baseline is one Scout Tissue Sample, this has a value of 1. All other values are referenced against this baseline value.

Known other values:

Signal Sources
Scout Tissue Sample: 1
Orthrus Kill: 3
Thargoid Probe: 0.2
Thargoid Probe(stolen): 0
Thargoid Biological Material(Orthrus drop): 0
Thargoid Sensor(stolen): 0
Occupied Escape Pod: Alert: 0.2 | Invasion: 0.1 | Control: 0.05
Damaged Escape Pod: Alert: 0.2 | Invasion: 0.1 | Control: 0.05
Black Box: 0.1
Wreckage Components: 0

Missions
Injured Delivery(Escape Pods): 1 Base, 0.02 Per Escape Pod
Refugee Missions(Passengers): 0.2 Base, 0.02 Per Passenger
Delivery Missions(Cargo): 0.4 Base, 0.002 Per Ton of Cargo

Combat
Interceptor | Kill [Alert|Invasion|Control] | Tissue Sample
Scout: ? | 1
Orthrus: 3 | ?
Cyclops: ? | ?
Basilisk: ? | ?
Medusa: ? | ?
Hydra: ? | ?
Scythe: [1.2|1|?] | ?
Glaive: ? | ?

Titans
Bio-Storage Pods: 0.2 x # of formerly-inhabited systems in counterattack state.

Spires
Calibrated to Spire Sabotage, not Samples
Spire Sabotage: 1
Banshee: 0.2
Orthrus: 0.02
Scout: 0.02
Revenant: 0.01

Hi, what whith Col 285 Sector QM-B b14-2 ? She closed on this tick?

That is one of the remaining peripheral systems which are still benefiting from ongoing Spire site progress; take a look at the week 74 list to see where it stands. In the meantime we have been clearing deeper attackers and a few extra systems to advance the next periphery, but we will get to it!

After the Spire reaches the 85% limit for raising those Control systems, which it will if Commanders lending kind support there reach 100% to remove also another Spire site, the plan is to clear all six peripheral Control systems in no more than an evening—if indeed there are any more Research payloads to prepare by then!

That is one of the remaining peripheral systems which are still benefiting from ongoing Spire site progress; take a look at the week 74 list to see where it stands. In the meantime we have been clearing deeper attackers and a few extra systems to advance the next periphery, but we will get to it!

After the Spire reaches the 85% limit for raising those Control systems, which it will if Commanders lending kind support there reach 100% to remove also another Spire site, the plan is to clear all six peripheral Control systems in no more than an evening—if indeed there are any more Research payloads to prepare by then!
Okay thnx. Then I'll hold on to 100+ scout scalps for now and do some sabotage

Latest version:

The baseline is one Scout Tissue Sample, this has a value of 1. All other values are referenced against this baseline value.

Known other values:

Signal Sources
Scout Tissue Sample: 1
Orthrus Kill: 3
Thargoid Probe: 0.2
Thargoid Probe(stolen): 0
Thargoid Biological Material(Orthrus drop): 0
Thargoid Sensor(stolen): 0
Occupied Escape Pod: Alert: 0.2 | Invasion: 0.1 | Control: 0.05
Damaged Escape Pod: Alert: 0.2 | Invasion: 0.1 | Control: 0.05
Black Box: 0.1
Wreckage Components: 0

Missions
Injured Delivery(Escape Pods): 1 Base, 0.02 Per Escape Pod
Refugee Missions(Passengers): 0.2 Base, 0.02 Per Passenger
Delivery Missions(Cargo): 0.4 Base, 0.002 Per Ton of Cargo

Combat
Interceptor | Kill [Alert|Invasion|Control] | Tissue Sample
Scout: ? | 1
Orthrus: 3 | ?
Cyclops: ? | ?
Basilisk: ? | ?
Medusa: ? | ?
Hydra: ? | ?
Scythe: [1.2|1|?] | ?
Glaive: ? | ?

Titans
Bio-Storage Pods: 0.2 x # of formerly-inhabited systems in counterattack state.

Spires
Calibrated to Spire Sabotage, not Samples
Spire Sabotage: 1
Banshee: 0.2
Orthrus: 0.02
Scout: 0.02
Revenant: 0.01
This is huge! Thanks!

Thank you! That is very helpful, and I have recorded that 100 on the list so we know only the difference is needed.
Plans have changed and I'm leaving for the weekend. So I'll have to submit the samples now. Total 222 pieces

1.png

Very successful week thus far! All attacks which are economical to stop have been stopped, the periphery now consists only of the Spire site system Col 285 Sector SX-Z b14-0 (86%), and a science-system plus one other advancement system are also clear.

It is quite fine if Commanders are happy to continue, although we are being at least a bit cautious in taking Research help for a system only if we are also committing to finish it! With that in mind, V has opened a partial order for one more system Col 285 Sector KW-M c7-3 (6091) at INV Astral Flame HNZ-G1F parked in Col 285 Sector OR-B b14-1. Any other progress there is welcome in the meantime—separate Scythe deliveries, combat and such!

Completing that system will align the peripheries to remove the popular Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-7 one week early, but in return for exposing HIP 30439 and reaching zero resistance. The zero resistance is obviously desirable, and I understand that the Spire site at HIP 30439 is at least acceptable!

Beyond that I am more inclined to relax a bit this week, although we could start collections for the non-peripheral attackers next week.

Very successful week thus far! All attacks which are economical to stop have been stopped, the periphery now consists only of the Spire site system Col 285 Sector SX-Z b14-0 (86%), and a science-system plus one other advancement system are also clear.

It is quite fine if Commanders are happy to continue, although we are being at least a bit cautious in taking Research help for a system only if we are also committing to finish it! With that in mind, V has opened a partial order for one more system Col 285 Sector KW-M c7-3 (6091) at INV Astral Flame HNZ-G1F parked in Col 285 Sector OR-B b14-1. Any other progress there is welcome in the meantime—separate Scythe deliveries, combat and such!

Completing that system will align the peripheries to remove the popular Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-7 one week early, but in return for exposing HIP 30439 and reaching zero resistance. The zero resistance is obviously desirable, and I understand that the Spire site at HIP 30439 is at least acceptable!

Beyond that I am more inclined to relax a bit this week, although we could start collections for the non-peripheral attackers next week.
Hi, is there any information on how much is needed for HIP 30502? Yesterday I sold my pieces to you, there is an opportunity to put my brother to collect skins)

Hi, is there any information on how much is needed for HIP 30502?

HIP 30502 would need 21281 Research samples to clear normally; quite a lot! We do not need it just yet though—its next attack will be upon Vasupari at the end of week 76, but it will also become peripheral in week 76, so we can use the Spire site progress to clear it later for 3193 instead and still prevent the attack. Week 76 also clears Omumba (27942) and Montioch (30200) that way.

For the moment it will be best just to clear systems in order of distance from the Titan, where that Col 285 Sector KW-M c7-3 choice is next. For a quick list with strength numbers, take a look at the INTRA week 74 targets and choose to see all Control systems, noting that the Matrix systems cannot be cleared normally!

Top Bottom