The Road to 200/Over 200 (201) animals for Planet Zoo

With the barnyard pack, Planet Zoo will have 187 (!!) animals in is roster. There was confirmation on the livestream on April 24th as well that there will be an animal pack to come later this year. This could be a traditional animal pack, a 7 + small scenery set like Barnyard, or possibly a finale pack.

What I want for this thread is to put out what pack ideas you want to get us to either 200 or 201 animals. There's very few rules except no flying birds and no fully marine animals. And that if there's more than one pack you list, the first one must be an animal pack in either 8+1 or 7+mini scenery set. Oh, and to respect one another's opinion.

So basically, you can make 2 sets like the Barnyard pack if you want (14 animals with no exhibit animals). You can make an animal and scenery pack if you want (13), and either add an anniversary animal (14 animals) or not. You can make a 12 or 13 finale pack and either add in an anniversary animal or not. You don't have to even include any exhibit animals if you don't want to, though I think it's likely we'll get one at least.

My thoughts:
Latin America Animal pack (7+1e) pack as we've been going on about for quite some time.
Spectacled Bear
Black Howler Monkey
Coatimundi species
Ocelot
Patagonian Mara
Greater Rhea
American Flamingo
Hoffman's Two Toed Sloth (WTE)

5th Anniversary Animal: American Black Bear

"Around the World" finale pack. 4+1+scenery - I realize this is divisive for a finale pack to be a scenery pack, but it could incorporate several mini themes - Alpine buildings, City type structures, Log Cabin, Central American, Tudor/Bavarian - there are quite a few themes they could go with, to get to the 199 pieces they normally do, and in fact could give us more than 1 full scenery set to truly let this be a finale.
Secretary Bird
Muskox
Tree Kangaroo species
Mandarin Duck
King or Indian Cobra (E)
This line up gives us something from NA, Africa, Oceania and Asia, while the pack before it focused on Latin America. Almost included the Baboon instead of the Muskox as well as a Pelican instead of a Duck, but that's personal choice.

What's your thoughts?

Screw it lets say we get a 14 species animal pack, I tried to keep it realistic but maintaining diversity:
  1. South American Coati
  2. Black Howler Monkey
  3. Ocelot
  4. Patagonian Mara
  5. Spectacled Bear
  6. Goodfellow's Tree-Kangaroo
  7. Short-Beaked Echidna
  8. Musk Ox
  9. Walrus
  10. Blackbuck
  11. Hamadryas Baboon
  12. Secretary Bird
  13. Grey Crowned Crane
  14. Great White Pelican
Personally I would change out species but I think this could realistically happen while maintaining a lot of easier to make animals, a big boost for Latin America (5 animals) while also maintaining diversity for other continents (Oceania gets 2, North America gets 2, Asia gets 3 (Baboon and Pelican count), Africa gets 4 and even Europe is thrown a bone as the Pelican works there too. Only two primates but getting the baboon and a new world monkey in at the very least gives the bare minimum, 3 birds as well seems reasonable for this... As for ungulates only two but these are both very popular choices, 4 carnivorans but all are pretty different from each other. I also wanted to make sure it was a boost to both hardcore and casual players, a lot of these are from the meta-wishlist but animals like the walrus, baboon, pelican, bear etc are very recognisable.

I wanted to find room for a duck, pheasant or a third monkey but didn't really know who to cut... Just goes to show how many more animals still feel needed. One of those can be the anniversary animal I guess lol. Oh yea I should add two exhibits, I guess chameleon and cobra finally, not too bothered.

I would do it the other way around. I really really want an animal pack for LATAM but i think of some species are included in a worldwide pack then it can be split between a LATAM scenery pack and an animal pack.

My real Guess is that is going to be an animal pack with 12 animals and that we'll get something for anniversary.

I don't think they are doing a scenery pack. They said it was going to be an animal pack but maybe the reason that is coming out later in the year is because is larger or more complex than usual and needs more time to cook.

So my wishes...

5th anniversary animal: Spectacled Bear

Planet Zoo finales pack

1. SouthAmerican coati
2. Howler or spider monkey
3. Greater rhea
4. Patagonian mara
5. Musk ox
6. American black bear
7. Great white pelican
8. Secretary bird
9. Blackbuck
10. Mandarín duck
11. Palla's cat
12. Tree kangaroo

I'm excluding exhibit boxes but one of these could also be a last WTE animal or we might even get that for anniversary.

But with this selection we get the most requested from the metawishlist, 5 southamerican animals and a bit from every continent, all the bear species, the pelican, the duck and is heavy on birds.

Edit: ugh forgot about the baboon. Fine that thing could go instead of the tree kangaroo i guess.

oh these are all good ideas. Glad to see some commonalities! Yes, a 14 animal finale pack also fits for this thread. It's that whole do we go "200 animals" or "OVER 200 animals" thing. I just feel like 194/195 is such an odd number to stop at. You're almost there to 200 - just do it lol

I don’t really see why 200 is particularly likely and don’t really think there’ll be two more packs. For the sake of argument though - 1 pack, 14 animals (noting that this is what want, not what I think we’ll actually get.)

SA:
  • Howler monkey
  • Coati
  • Another monkey
  • Mara
Oceania:
  • Echidna
  • Goodfellow’s tree kangaroo
  • Yellow-footed rock wallaby
Asia:
  • Blackbuck
  • Grey langur
Any:
  • A duck
  • A goose
  • 3 small closely related birds (robins, finches, lorikeets or similar (WTE)

Divide it however you want, but I think this would be a good mix of relatively realistic species with a dominant bunch from South America:
  1. South American Coati
  2. Squirrel Monkey
  3. Greater Rhea
  4. Patagonian Mara
  5. Ocelot
  6. Spectacled Bear
  7. American Flamingo
  8. Rhinoceros Iguana (E)
  9. Hamadryas Baboon
  10. Great White Pelican
  11. Blackbuck
  12. Helmeted Guineafowl
  13. Panther Chameleon (E)
Still missing but could be exchanged with one of the above:
  • Mantled Guereza
  • Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo
  • Musk ox
  • Muscovy Duck
  • Mandarin Duck
  • Many exhibit species

Avian Pack:
  • Wild Turkey
  • Roseate Spoonbill
  • Great White Pelican
  • Grey Crowned Crane or Secretary Bird
  • Any Duck(s)
  • Golden Pheasant
  • Rhea
  • Since flying birds in WEs are not allowed, I guess I would want some nests and more shapes for the mesh and glass pieces.
Arboreal Mammal Pack:
  • Ocelot
  • South American Coati
  • American Black Bear
  • Howler or Spider Monkey
  • Hamadryas Baboon
  • Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo
  • Guereza
  • Golden lion, cotton-top, emperor, golden-headed lion, and red-handed tamarins in WE (but I'd prefer them in a habitat)
Anniversary: Spectacled Bear

This would leave us with an imperfect but much better primate, bird, and South American roster. It would also include all of the bears.

Still Missing: Asian ungulates (muntjac, markhor, blackbuck), the echidna from the soundtrack, Asian monkey(s), mara, a dog, a European critter, and perhaps some reptiles.

I'll be satisfied with anything as long as the shoebill is added before support ends. I hope South America gets some love and I'd really like to see more species that are less commonly found in zoos.

The Americas Pack
  • American Black Bear
  • Spider Monkey
  • Coati
  • Walrus
  • White Tailed Deer
  • Ocelot
  • Vampire Bat (exhibit)
Birds Pack
  • Pelican
  • Secretary Bird
  • Greater Rhea
  • California Quail
  • Rockhopper Penguin
  • Singing Birds (Walk Through Exhibit)
    • Budgerigar
    • Fischer's Lovebird
    • Scarlet Macaw
    • Blue Macaw
    • Kookaburra
  • Birds of Prey (Walk Through Exhibit)
    • Bald Eagle
    • Golden Eagle
    • Peregrine Falcon
    • Horned Owl
    • Andean Condor

Last edited:
I'll be satisfied with anything as long as the shoebill is added before support ends. I hope South America gets some love and I'd really like to see more species that are less commonly found in zoos.
I hope shoebill gets added! I didn't get the appeal of him since I didn't know just how badly people want him in game. Technically a stork?

I hope shoebill gets added! I didn't get the appeal of him since I didn't know just how badly people want him in game. Technically a stork?
Shoebills aren't actually closely related to storks they're closer related to pelicans and ibises. They're really fascinating birds and it's a shame not a lot of people want them in the game.
Well i rather get an actual pelican than the shoebill
Why not both?

Shoebills aren't actually closely related to storks they're closer related to pelicans and ibises. They're really fascinating birds and it's a shame not a lot of people want them in the game.

Why not both?
Honestly, if there is just one pack left i rather get other birds before the shoebill. Sorry that animal is just not in My wishlist nor is a priority to me. Duck, pelican, crowned crane, rhea, secretary, ibis, spoonbill all come before the shoebill for me.

Secretary, pelican, shoebill, golden pheasant, victoria crowned pigeon, scarlet ibis, ground hornbill, marabou, grey crowned crane, torrent duck, Rhea, greater roadrunner, spoonbill, lyrebird, kakepo, rockhopper, black swan, and that european ground bird with a difficult name

All pretty please, those are all awesome birds

I could see a 10+3 format for the next (and likely final) pack with either of two themes:

Latin America Animal Pack
Black Howler Monkey
Bush Dog
Geoffrey’s Spider Monkey
Golden Lion Tamarin
Greater Rhea
Ocelot
Patagonian Mara
South American Coati
Southern Tamandua
Spectacled Bear
Green Anaconda (E)
Hyacinth Macaw (WE)
Scarlet Macaw (WE)

Global Animal Pack
(Two habitat animals from each continent except Europe and Antarctica)
Hamadryas Baboon: Africa
Secretary Bird: Africa
Blackbuck: Asia
Markhor: Asia
Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo: Oceania
Short-Beaked Echidna: Oceania
Black Howler Monkey: South America
South American Coati: South America
Musk Ox: North America
Walrus: North America
Green Anaconda (E)
Rainbow Lorikeet (WE)
Scarlet Macaw (WE)

Last edited:
to go from 187 to 200 we need 13 animals so a new style 7 animal pack, a standard scenery pack and the anniversary animal is all we need

animal pack (savanah)
  • olive baboon
  • nile crocodile
  • african spurred tortoise
  • blackbuck
  • perentie
  • honey badger
  • gerenuk
  • any cobra
scenery pack (central america)
  • any agouti
  • mountian tapir